Author Topic: 1997 Olympia! What The F*&k?????  (Read 5794 times)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1997 Olympia! What The F*&k?????
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 08:37:12 AM »
I think i'm gonna throw up looking at those pics..

if his skin color was different and he was on a bowflex.............
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 08:41:28 AM »
if his skin color was different and he was on a bowflex.............

His obsession continues...I'm on his mind constantly..hahahahahahh ahahah

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »
I was there at the '97 O - when yates turned around to show his back it was over - done. clear winner.
pain day

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »
if dorian didn't deserve to win then it was Ray's show.  Shawn should have won at least 3 or 4 olympia's when it was all said and done and the standard today should be almost exactly what he represents, not the bloated pigs that are up there in the top 3 today.
nasser=piece of shit

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »
His obsession continues...I'm on his mind constantly..hahahahahahh ahahah

nah.

people on here should know the truth and what you're about.

the fact that you are a self proclaimed IFBB judge and expert on training, but yet use a bowflex instead of going to a gym.

you seem to forget that isnt pathetic and you need to be constantly reminded. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

brian36

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 10:06:01 AM »
The back is only one bodypart.  Why is the contest suddenly over when someone turns around and displays a better back?  Franco never beat Arnold and he had a better back.  I'm not saying the back isn't important but it is only one bodypart.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 10:10:40 AM »
The back is only one bodypart.  Why is the contest suddenly over when someone turns around and displays a better back?  Franco never beat Arnold and he had a better back.  I'm not saying the back isn't important but it is only one bodypart.

the problem is that from the rear dorian was unbeatable, back-upper and lower, traps, glutes, calves, hanstrings...he had it all.  His bi's may have taken away from his BDB but I don't remember it being an issue in that pose.  Once Dorian turned around he was bigger, harder and had more detail than everyone onstage, except for shawn in the detail dept.  Around the time of this show shawn's back was awsome, he could match Doz BP for BP from the rear-except for calves-but Dorian was just gigantic.  Once they turned around and faced forward Shawn was the clear winner though...

honestly Shawn shoulda won that show...and in 94 and probably 96.  It was between shawn, Mike Christian and Labrada at the 90 olympia so it's possible that Ray could have won 4 olympias if things had panned out a little different.
nasser=piece of shit

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 07:15:09 PM »
I was there at the '97 O - when yates turned around to show his back it was over - done. clear winner.

I agree. I have watched the 1997 video several times, and I disagree with NarcissisticDeity here. I do think that Dorian deserved to win, because his left arm, the torn one, didn't look torn at all for whatever reasons and he was clearly the most muscular and conditioned bodybuilder at that contest. Undisputably.

I was at the 1996 Olympia, and a strong case could be made that Nasser defeated Dorian in overral muscularity that year, since he was 30 lbs heavier. Dorian still deserved to win, though, because he had less bodyparts missing than Nasser and his conditioning was simply ridiculous.
At the 1997 Olympia, though, Dorian made Nasser look small at the same bodyweight. Also, Nasser's frame is bigger and he was softer, so Dorian was obviously packing far more muscle.

Dorian might have lost the side and front relaxed rounds due to his distended midsection and horrible thick waist, but his side mandatories were not affected. He overwhelmingly dominated the rear and front lat spread and back double biceps; his side triceps was arguably the most muscular ever and would have been perfect if not for the gut. His abs-and-thighs was not as spectacular as in the previous year, because his waist was thicker and his abdominals less defined, but it was incredible for a 270 lbs guy.

A strong case could be made that he lost the symmetry round, because his distended gut was visible from the side and his taper was atrocious from the front. Yet, he was so far ahead of the rest in muscularity that it was ridiculous. Only 280 lbs Fux came close, and he looked like marschmellow next to Diesel. I think that Dorian won the 97 O, but I accept the opinion of those who think he should have lost, because it truly was a very, very hard call - despite the straight-firsts scores from all the judges across the board.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 07:45:07 PM »
  I agree. I have watched the 1997 video several times, and I disagree with NarcissisticDeity here. I do think that Dorian deserved to win, because his left arm, the torn one, didn't look torn at all for whatever reasons and he was clearly the most muscular and conditioned bodybuilder at that contest. Undisputably.

I was at the 1996 Olympia, and a strong case could be made that Nasser defeated Dorian in overral muscularity that year, since he was 30 lbs heavier. Dorian still deserved to win, though, because he had less bodyparts missing than Nasser and his conditioning was simply ridiculous.
At the 1997 Olympia, though, Dorian made Nasser look small at the same bodyweight. Also, Nasser's frame is bigger and he was softer, so Dorian was obviously packing far more muscle.

Dorian might have lost the side and front relaxed rounds due to his distended midsection and horrible thick waist, but his side mandatories were not affected. He overwhelmingly dominated the rear and front lat spread and back double biceps; his side triceps was arguably the most muscular ever and would have been perfect if not for the gut. His abs-and-thighs was not as spectacular as in the previous year, because his waist was thicker and his abdominals less defined, but it was incredible for a 270 lbs guy.

A strong case could be made that he lost the symmetry round, because his distended gut was visible from the side and his taper was atrocious from the front. Yet, he was so far ahead of the rest in muscularity that it was ridiculous. Only 280 lbs Fux came close, and he looked like marschmellow next to Diesel. I think that Dorian won the 97 O, but I accept the opinion of those who think he should have lost, because it truly was a very, very hard call - despite the straight-firsts scores from all the judges across the board.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Are you saying that ND thinks yates should of lost in 97?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »
Are you saying that ND thinks yates should of lost in 97?

Yes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »
the "back" meaning heels to traps, hope this helps.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
PUH-LEASE! The only way to get the truth out of these Yates fanboys is to put Kamali's head on Yates's body. Only then would they be willing to admit that someone whose arms lag 5 years behind the rest of their body has no business winning the Mr. O.

Levrone, Nasser, or Ray could have won without an argument from me. But when Yates wins with no arms and his best friend is the Head Judge, it kinda makes you go hmmmmmmm (trademark by Shawn Ray, all rights reserved).

Special "Honest Abe" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 05:58:27 AM »
PUH-LEASE! The only way to get the truth out of these Yates fanboys is to put Kamali's head on Yates's body. Only then would they be willing to admit that someone whose arms lag 5 years behind the rest of their body has no business winning the Mr. O.

Levrone, Nasser, or Ray could have won without an argument from me. But when Yates wins with no arms and his best friend is the Head Judge, it kinda makes you go hmmmmmmm (trademark by Shawn Ray, all rights reserved).

Special "Honest Abe" Ed

You need a "special education" when it comes to bodybuilding. Comparing Dorian and Shari... ::)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 06:19:30 AM »

Special "Honest Abe" Ed

hahahahaahahah

nah.

people on here should know the truth and what you're about.

the fact that you are a self proclaimed IFBB judge and expert on training.

you seem to forget that isnt pathetic and you need to be constantly reminded.

You're equally hilarious & scary, since you know virtually nothing about me you idiot.LOL