Author Topic: KVBC Las Vegas Affiliate interview with 240  (Read 15683 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
KVBC Las Vegas Affiliate interview with 240
« on: December 28, 2005, 01:49:13 PM »
I was just interviewed by KVBC TV - NBC's Las Vegas Affiliate, about the Craig Titus Case.

It was very interesting- they didn't ask about details of the case.  I told them ahead of time I'm in another state and anything I could offer in that area would be purely speculative.  They understood and agreed not to ask any specifics.

Instead they took on the human side of things. 

They asked me what I'd tell CT if I could say one thing.  I responded along the lines of "I'd say what most of the bodybuilding community is saying right now.  You are a man who was forced to make a tough decision.  Craig, keep your head up and your spirits strong, and do the right thing." 

They also asked about the purpose of my website, and I let them know that the case isn't about BBing, supplements, or steroids, but rather a man, his wife, and another person. It's a human story and doesn't go beyond that.

Catch it at 5 and 11 in Vegas, and if someone can tape /post it, that'd be great. Thanks!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: KVBC Las Vegas Affiliate interview with 240
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 02:25:29 PM »

Good stuff, man.  Keep doing what you're doing. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 02:27:56 PM »
I was just interviewed by KVBC TV - NBC's Las Vegas Affiliate, about the Craig Titus Case.

It was very interesting- they didn't ask about details of the case.  I told them ahead of time I'm in another state and anything I could offer in that area would be purely speculative.  They understood and agreed not to ask any specifics.

They asked me what I'd tell CT if I could say one thing.  I responded along the lines of "I'd say what most of the bodybuilding community is saying right now.  You are a man who was forced to make a tough decision.  Craig, keep your head up and your spirits strong, and do the right thing." 

They also asked about the purpose of my website, and I let them know that the case isn't about BBing, supplements, or steroids, but rather a man, his wife, and another person. It's a human story and doesn't go beyond that.

Catch it at 5 and 11 in Vegas, and if someone can tape /post it, that'd be great. Thanks!

did you level with them about being a borderline indentity thief yourself and you have 10 member names on getbig.com?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 02:31:42 PM »
did you level with them about being a borderline indentity thief yourself and you have 10 member names on getbig.com?

Shhh....

:D

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 02:35:15 PM »

im curious what your take will be if craigs defense is he was on massive amounts of andogens at the time of the murder and claims the bodybuilding lifestyle led him and kelly down this path of destruction?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 02:46:57 PM »
im curious what your take will be if craigs defense is he was on massive amounts of andogens at the time of the murder and claims the bodybuilding lifestyle led him and kelly down this path of destruction?

I fear this.

I believe Craig would be in this same position had he never touched a weight.

The point of this entire website is to keep the case about the facts- and the people involved- and not about the BBing industry.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 02:47:15 PM »
well he should have several medical witnesses that could cost him a big sum

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 02:48:38 PM »

just my .02 but I would be concerned that any comments, or the fact that you want to increase awareness that this shouldn't be a "steroid case" could have the opposite effect, because of the media or otherwise. They love stuff to snowball out of control, and even good comments or well-placed local ads that you want to place can help the spin machine do its work that much easier.

No news is good news I say.  The less steroids are even mentioned, even comments both good and bad, the better things will be...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 02:49:10 PM »
well he should have several medical witnesses that could cost him a big sum

money isn't an issue in this case.  They have money.

Many defense lawyers would consider steroids a HOT topic, and if they can convince 1 out of 12 people that it's wasn't their fault, it was because of steroids, then the BBing industry could be in some serious trouble.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 02:50:37 PM »
steroids use will be part of the DEFENSE
i hope you understand this 240
that they were not of sound mind due to the influence of steroids

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 02:52:20 PM »
... then the BBing industry could be in some serious trouble.

But Craig & Kelly could be free. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 03:04:14 PM »
steroids use will be part of the DEFENSE
i hope you understand this 240
that they were not of sound mind due to the influence of steroids

this is the mindset I'm hoping to eliminate with the website.

I've said from minute one- the website is NOT about blindly freeing anyone.

It's about keeping a wealth of information out there - and keeping the case about Craig, Kelly, and MJ...

Craig looks to be about 195-210 in those pics.  Not a lot to blame on steroids.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 03:08:17 PM »

Steroids aren't to blame here, but "drugs" (in general) will probably be a large part of whatever defense they mount. 

But let's keep it real for a moment - it's not like steroids or the steroid industry (*ahemIFBBahem*) and its pushers have clean hands here.  It's not like you're protecting a monastery.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »
Steroids aren't to blame here, but "drugs" (in general) will probably be a large part of whatever defense they mount. 

But let's keep it real for a moment - it's not like steroids or the steroid industry (*ahemIFBBahem*) and its pushers have clean hands here.  It's not like you're protecting a monastery.   

agreed.

but margins are so slim in the industry already...
i fear any verdict with the headline "Steroids caused me to do this" will have a negative effect on mag sales, supp sales, tickets/shows, prize money, etc

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 03:24:38 PM »
240 you better drop the price on the freecraigtitus.com now before he flips and they attack drugs like i know the defense will

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 03:28:46 PM »
240 you better drop the price on the freecraigtitus.com now before he flips and they attack drugs like i know the defense will

Well, if the defense does choose to take that path, HOPEFULLY there will be so much info about the case, that people see past the steroid rhetoric.

Ice Princess

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 03:39:31 PM »
this is the mindset I'm hoping to eliminate with the website.

I've said from minute one- the website is NOT about blindly freeing anyone.

It's about keeping a wealth of information out there - and keeping the case about Craig, Kelly, and MJ...

Craig looks to be about 195-210 in those pics.  Not a lot to blame on steroids.
QUESTION:  :D  If the website is "NOT" about blindly freeing anyone, why is it called freecraigtitus.com?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 03:58:02 PM »
QUESTION:  :D  If the website is "NOT" about blindly freeing anyone, why is it called freecraigtitus.com?

awesome question----

I wanted the visitor to arrive at the site EXPECTING to see this-

Supporters of Craig, as well as those who despise him.

Instead of seeing a biased, one-sided point, they get ALL sides.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 04:39:25 PM »
Steroids are starting to be a part of this story, sadly. Take a look at the blog site: http://www.titusandryan.com on what came out a MSNBC interview. What a joke.

240 - you're an interesting cat, good luck in your crusade.

LIFT
Elevate Your Image.™

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 04:41:34 PM »
crusade ?  lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 04:43:33 PM »
Steroids are starting to be a part of this story, sadly. Take a look at the blog site: http://www.titusandryan.com on what came out a MSNBC interview. What a joke.

LIFT

I saw that.   Agree 100%  I love msnbc but that statement was unfair.

You can voice your displeasure by sending a polite email to

abramsreport@msnbc.com

and inform them that their irresponsible and unbased questions helped you change the channel to FOX NEWS or CNN.

Thanks lift.   i'm only 2 weeks out of college, still learning the ropes.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 04:45:44 PM »
 i'm only 2 weeks out of college, still learning the ropes.

2 weeks out?  what does that mean 240.  you have only 2 weeks left or you have been out for 2 weeks.  and what are your studies?
:D Weee

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 04:47:17 PM »

LIFT

that was lisa danials 24 hours ago.  lisa danials is a complete ass.  this is not news

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 04:51:35 PM »
that was lisa danials 24 hours ago.  lisa danials is a complete ass.  this is not news
My bad if it was but I just ran across it and according to the web site the date was today at 2pm - Updated: 2:25 p.m. ET Dec. 28, 2005.

240 - God Bless ya bro, not cracking on you personally. I admire your drive.

Elevate Your Image.™

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 04:54:05 PM »
unlike 240  the blogger there has a REAL JOB