Author Topic: Crossfit - boon or bain?  (Read 6293 times)

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Crossfit - boon or bain?
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »
opinions

I am much taller but fatter and I liek to think more muscle than my crosfitn lil bro.

I still think its for panzies liek for short guys to act liek jocks which they never got to in hs.

thoughts?

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
Re: crossfit boon or bain?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »
I think your thread sucks and you're an asshole. fck your brother too.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »
Crossfit is WAY overrated.  These Crossfit clowns think they are the end all be all of fitness.  Especially the stupid fucking women.  It's like a cult.  With their "Ethos" bullshit.  Not only do I have to constantly listen to these clowns go on and on about Crossfitting but most of them can't shut up about the fact that they are all "paleos" as well.  The entire Crossfit hype will die down, especially when people realize you don't need to pay $350 a month to join a Crossfit gym.

That's about the going rate where I'm at and all they offer is group classes.  You can't even go in and train on the equipment or the floor alone.  Crossfit has its merits and benefits but it's not the end all be all of exercise nor getting in shape.  All the stupid women that do it are the same women that refused to lift regular weights because they were going to put on "too much muscle".  Now they all fucking realize how great anaerobic exercise is at shedding fat so all these pretentious dumb bitches have taken over the whole crossfit movement.  It's not Crossfitting that is responsible for their gains.  It's the fact that they are using progressive resistance training.  They could go to any conventional gym and see the same results.  Women have been losing fat and lifting weights way before crossfit became "cool" and trendy.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
Crossfit seems to be performed by hot chicks and toolboxes.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
I think your thread sucks and you're an asshole. fck your brother too.

hey are you kibitzing?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »
Crossfit is WAY overrated.  These Crossfit clowns think they are the end all be all of fitness.  Especially the stupid fucking women.  It's like a cult.  With their "Ethos" bullshit.  Not only do I have to constantly listen to these clowns go on and on about Crossfitting but most of them can't shut up about the fact that they are all "paleos" as well.  The entire Crossfit hype will die down, especially when people realize you don't need to pay $350 a month to join a Crossfit gym.  That's about the going rate where I'm at and all they offer is group classes.  You can't even go in and train on the equipment or the floor alone.  Crossfit has its merits and benefits but it's not the end all be all of exercise nor getting in shape.  All the stupid women that do it are the same women that refused to lift regular weights because they were going to put on "too much muscle".  Now they all fucking realize how great anaerobic exercise is at shedding fat so all these pretentious dumb bitches have taken over the whole crossfit movement.  It's not Crossfitting that is responsible for their gains.  It's the fact that they are using progressive resistance training.  They could go to any conventional gym and see the same results.  Women have been losing fat and lifting weights way before crossfit became "cool" and trendy.
all of them are geneticaly speaking ectomorphes who lift weights and pretend they re slim because they know some bullshit mystery way of training known as "crossfit", while in reality wether they train or not, they d all still be slim cause they re fucking genetically slim. Now they lift weights and as a result look like natural weight lifters and that's about it. I think it's ok to lift weights being natural fit slim and all, but why the need to have the holier than you attitude , the "im a crossfit expert" when literaly millions of people just look the same and have been doing the same shit for decades in their...home /basement gyms .

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
nothing 'pansy' about this fella (rob orlando), and some of those brutal wod's

the bitches be fine too!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
why dont they use all that energy to build a house for the needy  ??? ??? ??? these are the same people that claim to enjoy the presence of our african americans, lets see how quick they can hoist up some studded walls and build a house?
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
why dont they use all that energy to build a house for the needy  ??? ??? ??? these are the same people that claim to enjoy the presence of our african americans, lets see how quick they can hoist up some studded walls and build a house?
Yes exactly we need help our african americans best way we can.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
Why is it African Americans and not American Africans? ???

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
I think because they came from Africa originally.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »

Such nonsense. Most of our extended families came from "somewhere else" originally. Most don't have the need to identify as " X "-Americans. Pretty sorry mindset actually. The more one tries to be special or different the more one will be perceived that way.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 06:21:44 PM »
It's really funny though what Johnny Failcan said. These people pay hundreds of dollars so they get functional strength. If they got a manual labour they would get the same benefits and they would fucking get paid to do it.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »

exactly!

build muscel while producing shelter

also not be a cynic but I think some of the crossfitter on youtube are on roids

just sayin

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Crossfit - boon or bain?
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »

Such nonsense. Most of our extended families came from "somewhere else" originally. Most don't have the need to identify as " X "-Americans. Pretty sorry mindset actually. The more one tries to be special or different the more one will be perceived that way.

Because they need to be differentiated from the rest. Notifying beforehand that Africa is their origin will save alot of embarassement and misunderstandings.

Police get a call:
1. Some teenagers are all alone in the house. They heard some noice and expects there is a burglary.
2. Some Africa-Americans are shooting at eachother outside KFC.

Then they know that they should send a car to the teenagers, thus saving resources and being more efficient.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 04:14:11 AM »
One of my training partners has a t Shirt that reads:

Finally something Powerlifters and Bodybuilders can agree on, Crossfit is Gay!!!

Hahahah laughed my ass off first time I seen it.

To each there own but yeah I agree with how some kinda come off as it being the be all end all of getting in shape.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 04:21:48 AM »
opinions

I am much taller but fatter and I liek to think more muscle than my crosfitn lil bro.

I still think its for panzies liek for short guys to act liek jocks which they never got to in hs.

thoughts?

gimmick

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 04:46:59 AM »
wow thats an awesome point

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 04:48:16 AM »
Because they need to be differentiated from the rest. Notifying beforehand that Africa is their origin will save alot of embarassement and misunderstandings.

Police get a call:
1. Some teenagers are all alone in the house. They heard some noice and expects there is a burglary.
2. Some Africa-Americans are shooting at eachother outside KFC.

Then they know that they should send a car to the teenagers, thus saving resources and being more efficient.

police response time is a whole nother topic in itself

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 04:52:03 AM »
police response time is a whole nother topic in itself

seriously why did you create a new account?

ron's gonna ban you for sure

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 05:23:17 AM »
seriously why did you create a new account?

ron's gonna ban you for sure

Same account...ron lets him back every once in awhile and he ends up right back in TO.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 06:02:18 AM »
One of my training partners has a t Shirt that reads:

Finally something Powerlifters and Bodybuilders can agree on, Crossfit is Gay!!!

Hahahah laughed my ass off first time I seen it.

To each there own but yeah I agree with how some kinda come off as it being the be all end all of getting in shape.

100%....I have laughed at them myself.  I argued with one because they call their gyms "boxes". 

Me : does it have workout equipment?
Guy : yes
Me : its a gym
Guy : No, its a box
Me : a refrigerator comes in a box, you workout in a gym

I have started training this CF style.  I am done with bodybuilding and need a challenge.  There is a masters division that doesn't start until 45y/o.  I have almost 2 yrs before I can compete in the Reebok games (or at least try and get there).  Funny thing, even if you dont like CF, check it out next time its on ESPN.  Yes, thats right...the Reebok CF games are on ESPN.  Not bodybuilding...CF is.  There are more people in the crowd than probably there was at Mr. Olympia.  Sad huh?  Also, these guys are actually getting more money for winning those things than some of the Olympia stuff.

Is it the be all end all?  Hell no.  I do laugh at the guys/girls who say that.  My lifting background has helped me in a lot of the stuff, but the running and cardio shit I get destroyed on.  I like the new challenge.  Its not going to go away, just like strong man competitions aren't going away. 

I personally call it "WSM for twinks like me".   ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »

i thought that you were proud of your Germanic ancestral roots brother, i know that i sure as hell am proud of being an Anglo-Germanic-French-American 8)

you have some French hertiage as well, right ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 06:34:05 AM »
It's a tough workout no matter what you guys say. It's only as tough as you make it. The last person to put down any kind of athletic activity should be a bodybuilder. I don't do crossfit. I do recognize that it's really hard.

It almost feels like so many guys on this board feel threatened because they know if they went to a crossfit gym with advanced guys they would be humbled. Just like the first time I wrestled a little 145 pound Gracie grappling guy. Every thing I tried he had an answer for.