Author Topic: LOL @ the Microsoft Store Fail!  (Read 6790 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
LOL @ the Microsoft Store Fail!
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
What a failure of a store.  I'm at the mall today and pass by the Apple store.  the place is packed with Sheep, a few doors down there is a Microsoft Store.  About 3 people inside.  Curious I go in.  Pretty cool store, but the sheep love them some Apple.  There was a Makerbot 3D printer and I was able to print up a little tree.  Fucking awesome tool.  In the back they have a mini theater to try the XBOX 1.  I loved all of the gadgets.  It owns the Apple store but MS just can't compete with the feed and seed for the sheep at Apple.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Re: LOL @ the Microsoft Store Fail!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
What a failure of a store.  I'm at the mall today and pass by the Apple store.  the place is packed with Sheep, a few doors down there is a Microsoft Store.  About 3 people inside.  Curious I go in.  Pretty cool store, but the sheep love them some Apple.  There was a Makerbot 3D printer and I was able to print up a little tree.  Fucking awesome tool.  In the back they have a mini theater to try the XBOX 1.  I loved all of the gadgets.  It owns the Apple store but MS just can't compete with the feed and seed for the sheep at Apple.

LOL Good thread chief. That's the exact setup at the Palo Alto mall, two fucking doors from each other, MSFT store is literally 3 times the size of the Apple shitstore which is always packed while the MSFT has 3 or 4 staff member lurking around looking for shit to do. LOL @ Apple sheep, that's what they are. I like mac book pro hardware wise and it's posix shit so solid OS but WTF with that finder shit... but on Mac it almost always works but still like my PC better.

"Genius Bar" of Peace.
®

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:23 PM »
Surface tablet> iPad...Unless you're just into net browsing and playing games.  I personally find Microsoft to be way underrated, aside from IE, which fucking sucks.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 08:07:14 PM »
Apple is so stale now, I buy the ipad as its still the best tablet, but its a gnats cock away from being the same as the Nexus 10, should the Android market keep closing in on the apple store.Iphone screen is too small.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
Surface tablet> iPad...Unless you're just into net browsing and playing games.  I personally find Microsoft to be way underrated, aside from IE, which fucking sucks.

Agree. They do need to boost their ecosystem; more apps better service integration but overall I do like the Surface2 than any condescending iPad shit.
®

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:12:04 PM »

But the question is: Did you buy anything?

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
Apple is so stale now, I buy the ipad as its still the best tablet, but its a gnats cock away from being the same as the Nexus 10, should the Android market keep closing in on the apple store.Iphone screen is too small.

Andoird tablets are just as good if not better these days, the galaxy note ten and the surface blow the ipad out of the water.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
But the question is: Did you buy anything?

Nah, I was at the mall to buy two things.  Didn't deviate. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »
Apple is the domain of homosexuals and sheeple.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 12:40:45 AM »
Falcon eats apples every single day.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 03:12:07 AM »
I couldn't bring myself to even buy an iphone because of all the pathetic sheep walking round with them glued to their fucking heads.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 03:20:55 AM »
Andoird tablets are just as good if not better these days, the galaxy note ten and the surface blow the ipad out of the water.

love my samsung galaxy tablet, great stuff.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »
I couldn't bring myself to even buy an iphone because of all the pathetic sheep walking round with them glued to their fucking heads.

I was in Japan 10 years ago before the IPhone and the whole smart phone revolution really kicked off in the USA and I was amazed at how groups of Japs would hang out and everyone is on their phone.  No one talking to each other, making eye contact or anything.  I thought if this shit ever happened in the USA, social skills would die.  Now all I see is the same shit.  Families out to dinner, kids on the ipads and parents not paying attention.  Everyone walking around with their phones out ahead of them like its a guide dog.  Just sad.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
Didn't even know they had stores?

Windows 8 is such a wretched hive of fucking scum. I bought a new laptop yesterday and have been trying the whole day to get rid of this shit and put Windows 7 back on. I can't seem to change the boot sequence in the BIOS so I can install directly from a USB stick as that's where the image file is. It's just not letting me, no matter what guide I consult.

And yes, I know about ClassicShell and Start8, but I still cannot get rid of the 'hot corners' which seem to pop up every few seconds, and then more often than not, the desktop just seem to jump back into Metro for whatever reason. Their fucking lame attempt at a unified ecosystem whilst having pretty much zero market share and a failed first generation Surface tablet along with a phone that can't seem to break 5% market share should've been their first clue. Now this abomination is forced upon anyone that wants to buy a PC laptop   ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:36 AM »
Didn't even know they had stores?

Windows 8 is such a wretched hive of fucking scum. I bought a new laptop yesterday and have been trying the whole day to get rid of this shit and put Windows 7 back on. I can't seem to change the boot sequence in the BIOS so I can install directly from a USB stick as that's where the image file is. It's just not letting me, no matter what guide I consult.

And yes, I know about ClassicShell and Start8, but I still cannot get rid of the 'hot corners' which seem to pop up every few seconds, and then more often than not, the desktop just seem to jump back into Metro for whatever reason. Their fucking lame attempt at a unified ecosystem whilst having pretty much zero market share and a failed first generation Surface tablet along with a phone that can't seem to break 5% market share should've been their first clue. Now this abomination is forced upon anyone that wants to buy a PC laptop   ::)

8 is a total fuckup, but I thought they changed it recently?  Yeah, they opened stores but only in what they consider to be "high end" malls. 

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
Apple freaks tend to think of themselves as elitist and superior beings. A true false positive, no doubt. Yes, they do herd into Apple stores, eager victims to be sold what ever the store staff wants them to buy.

Hackers hate Bill Gates as much as they hate Steve Jobs (RIP)/Apple, and that seems to be growing. Best kept Apple secret; they do get malware and viruses. There machines (cpu/harddrives) do run into problems.

Personal view: Best OS would be GNU/Linux based UNIX-Posix open source protocols, for most average users. If you can pay 30 to 70 thousand+ for a higher end processor, like big business, government and the military have, than God bless you. Super fast...beyond belief.
F

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
Win 8.1 is supposed to be improved, but not by much. Annoying system, to be sur, though touch screen is kind of nice.e. If you installed the shell & start butter app, which usually makes improvements, than take it back to where you bought it. Ak if they would install Win 7 or get a refund. Best Buy may do the new install, depending on the managers attitude.

Think MS is going to go through the same thing when they brought out Vista. There improvement was bring out Win 7, which is just a revised version of Vista. Maybe Win 9.0...who really knows.

Linus software (many versions) is free or for a small price. Easy to install, if you somewhat computer smart. Lots of free programs, apps, etc. Though, to be honest, MS is still king of software world wide.
F

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
8 is a total fuckup, but I thought they changed it recently?  Yeah, they opened stores but only in what they consider to be "high end" malls.  

Well there was an upgrade to 8.1 which I can't see any difference. Although to be fair here, I've only laid eyes on Windows 8 for the first time last week. I gave it a shot for a good hour and disliked it immensely. I've got a Computer Science degree, been programming since the days of Qbasic, Turbo Pascal, code Hex straight from the manual and used to write software for a living up until 5 years ago. I've never seen a more unintuitive pile of shit in my life. It's designed from the ground up for touch screen devices which 90% of laptop users don't have. Controlling it from a laptop touchpad is horrific and it's constructed to push you towards using the tiles instead of giving you the choice of using the desktop too. Such constraints immediately piss me off and put me in a negative frame of mind towards it.

I've been doing a bit of reading today and it's widely believed that MS is bringing back the 'Start Button' in 8.2 and giving it more of a Win7 feel. Windows 7 has been outselling Windows 8 quite handily and still is. And MS is lying again about Win8 sales figures as that's licenses sold to OEM's. Not actual copies sold to the public. So their sales figures is worse than they're claiming it to be.

I won't hold my breath on 8.2. So I'm back to Win7

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
Win 8.1 is supposed to be improved, but not by much. Annoying system, to be sur, though touch screen is kind of nice.e. If you installed the shell & start butter app, which usually makes improvements, than take it back to where you bought it. Ak if they would install Win 7 or get a refund. Best Buy may do the new install, depending on the managers attitude.

Think MS is going to go through the same thing when they brought out Vista. There improvement was bring out Win 7, which is just a revised version of Vista. Maybe Win 9.0...who really knows.

Linus software (many versions) is free or for a small price. Easy to install, if you somewhat computer smart. Lots of free programs, apps, etc. Though, to be honest, MS is still king of software world wide.

Linux isn't there yet. I run Ubuntu and it's still too complicated for your average user. Plus support at the moment is nonexistent.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
I was in Japan 10 years ago before the IPhone and the whole smart phone revolution really kicked off in the USA and I was amazed at how groups of Japs would hang out and everyone is on their phone.  No one talking to each other, making eye contact or anything.  I thought if this shit ever happened in the USA, social skills would die.  Now all I see is the same shit.  Families out to dinner, kids on the ipads and parents not paying attention.  Everyone walking around with their phones out ahead of them like its a guide dog.  Just sad.

It is sad. I wonder where this pathetic trend will lead us? If an alien came down from space it would think that the phone is our brain and essential for our existence....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
I don`t find anything wrong at all with Windows 8.  I have it on a touch screen laptop and I actually prefer it to Windows 7. 

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »
I don`t find anything wrong at all with Windows 8.  I have it on a touch screen laptop and I actually prefer it to Windows 7. 

X2. Took me a couple of days to get used to it but once used to it the Metro tile stuff is really cool.
®

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
i dont know pc things but isnt the apple guys who actualy feel superior to everyone else bc they have some more expensive computer?

haha and they say"i need this for my work", i need this and that gadget which ill never use.

same exact thing happend when,just before the iphone num,ber 1 release, frend told me how amazing the iphone gona be bc he can lok up the stock markets on it any time.

i told him wtf brother, you are pennyless ,lol.

n