Author Topic: Ebola - in Texas - Two Cases, including a nurse that wore protective gear  (Read 24300 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
The fever he had was 103 degrees. For an adult that is a serious fever.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
"Fever is a sign of a variety of medical conditions, including infection. Your normal temperature may differ slightly from the average body temperature of 98.6 F (37 C).

For young children and infants — especially newborns — even slightly elevated temperatures may indicate a serious illness. For adults, a fever usually isn't dangerous until it reaches 103 F (39.4 C) or higher."

What a total cluster fuck.  I wonder what kind of hospital he went to. I still find it hard to feel sympathy for him or is family but I do agree with you that the hospital screwed up. 
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
What a total cluster fuck.  I wonder what kind of hospital he went to. I still find it hard to feel sympathy for him or is family but I do agree with you that the hospital screwed up. 

If when he boarded the plane to the U.S. he had no symptoms, he could have easily not known he had caught the Ebola virus....or he was seriously hoping that was the case. Have you ever had very early symptoms of a cold, like a sore throat or a couple of sneezes and because you didn't want it to be one, you tried to talk yourself out of it? I've done this a number of times. I sneeze and tell myself it just allergies.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
If when he boarded the plane to the U.S. he had no symptoms, he could have easily not known he had caught the Ebola virus....or he was seriously hoping that was the case. Have you ever had very early symptoms of a cold, like a sore throat or a couple of sneezes and because you didn't want it to be one, you tried to talk yourself out of it? I've done this a number of times. I sneeze and tell myself it just allergies.

I have to suspect he must have known.   From what I read he had repeated close contact with an infected person.   He abruptly left his job shortly after the infected person died and boarded a flight for the United States. 
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I have to suspect he must have known.   From what I read he had repeated close contact with an infected person.   He abruptly left his job shortly after the infected person died and boarded a flight for the United States. 

Well it certainly seems that way then. Hard to say what a person might do in such a situation. If he knew he was infected or even suspected it and still went ahead and put other people at risk, he was both probably scared shitless and a complete ass for doing this. If he was hoping for better treatment options in the U.S., this didn't quite work out as he planned. Not only that but he put his own family members and friends at risk of getting sick with Ebola.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Well it certainly seems that way then. Hard to say what a person might do in such a situation. If he knew he was infected or even suspected it and still went ahead and put other people at risk, he was both probably scared shitless and a complete ass for doing this. If he was hoping for better treatment options in the U.S., this didn't quite work out as he planned. Not only that but he put his own family members and friends at risk of getting sick with Ebola.
supposedly he carried a family member dying of the illness.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Jesse Jackson is already down there sniffing around for dollars.   The morons will sue and the odds are they will win.  In a fair world they would be brought up on criminal charges.

Not unless his entire family gets infected and they all die cause of it

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Hate to say it, but this stuff about racism true or not doesn't matter...the first person coming over here with ebola had to die to set precedent. The precedent is that anyone with ebola won't get cured if they come to the USA.

If Duncan was turned away because of semi-socialized healthcare protocols I guarantee you won't hear about it. My guess is he didn't have health insurance, correct? Do you know how you get treated at the hospital when you have no health insurance? Like this.

The virus is semi-airborne obviously. Aerosol/droplet transfer from sneezing or coughing at least.

The control of words is thick both on the news and from the CDC. Almost anything that happens the news keeps a tally - but for some reason they don't report total numbers of cases, or deaths, or quarantines, or the issues in France and Spain....stinks bad.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Hate to say it, but this stuff about racism true or not doesn't matter...the first person coming over here with ebola had to die to set precedent. The precedent is that anyone with ebola won't get cured if they come to the USA.

If Duncan was turned away because of semi-socialized healthcare protocols I guarantee you won't hear about it. My guess is he didn't have health insurance, correct? Do you know how you get treated at the hospital when you have no health insurance? Like this.

The virus is semi-airborne obviously. Aerosol/droplet transfer from sneezing or coughing at least.

The control of words is thick both on the news and from the CDC. Almost anything that happens the news keeps a tally - but for some reason they don't report total numbers of cases, or deaths, or quarantines, or the issues in France and Spain....stinks bad.

Before there was semi-socialized healthcare, as you put it, if one went to the ER and had no insurance they were turned away and sent to a county hospital, regardless of how critical their condition or how far away county was. When a neighbor's child suffered 3 degree burns over most of her body, her father took her to three ER's before he ended up taking her to County. She later died.

As it stands today, folks with no health insurance still go to a hospital ER because they don't have the option of going to a doctor unless they pay cash upfront. Many folks who do not have insurance don't have the money to pay for a doctor visit either. Because there is "semi-socialized healthcare" hospitals are required to treat all patients regardless of whether they have healthcare insurance or not.

My sister, who had neither medical insurance nor the funds to pay for a hospital stay, was in a California hospital for 10 days following a near drowning incident several years ago. As you might imagine, the bill was astronomical. She never paid it. People with healthcare insurance indirectly foot the bill for folks like my sister who can't or don't pay.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
All the other cases of Ebola that sprang up in recent years fizzled out.

It really does look like this strain is getting passed around much easier.

Wait till it hits India!

Don't worry, India has installed 3 extra counters to screen the 14000 pilgrims returning from the Haj.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Haj-pilgrims-to-be-screened-for-Ebola-at-IGI/articleshow/44778389.cms

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
Re: Ebola - in Texas - Two Cases, including a nurse that wore protective gear
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 03:30:04 AM »
Imagine is just one person comes down with this in the border containment areas along the southern border where they are keeping all those Hispanics in such close quarters....

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 03:50:00 AM »
We are dismissing the fact that she could have been a mudshark, and sucked off the African guy despite the risks to satiate her inner Kardashian.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2014, 07:06:23 AM »
Jesus, this is less infective then influenza lol. The hysteria is too funny.

The people who are getting it are in intamate contact with the deathly ill, Ebola is hard to catch.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 07:09:18 AM »

The people who are getting it are in intamate contact with the deathly ill, Ebola is hard to catch.
um I'm thinking maybe it's not, and we aren't being told the full truth

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
His nitwit family members were on CNN the other day pissing and moaning about how the hospital "wouldn't even let them in to see him, not once!!!" and blaming it on racism ::)  No you twits it's actually because he has the most deadly infectious disease in the world.

I hope they all get ebola and die...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 07:54:50 AM »
It is also not the most deadly infectious disease in the world, rabies is far more deadly.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »

Reportedly the nurse had protective mask, shield, gloves on, etc.

Intimate contact?  It's not like she stripped naked and fucked the guy.

I'm waiting to hear what the supposed security breach was with this nurse.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
It is also not the most deadly infectious disease in the world, rabies is far more deadly.
considering we have treatments for that, in going to disagree. It was, until we developed treatments and it stopped being as lethal.

Also, again, youre going by the letter of the book on ebola, except the letter is not matching up with whats happening. Shouldnt that tell you that somethings different?

MikMaq

I just ruined my moms day off. WE GOT EBOLA!!!!
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/ebola-outbreak-more-cases-possible-among-those-who-cared-for-dallas-patient-1.2797050

Mom works in healthcare, has to go in a big old panic to get ready.

There's a case of ebola in Ottawa, Canada, Ontario, Canada.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: I just ruined my moms day off. WE GOT EBOLA!!!!
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/ebola-outbreak-more-cases-possible-among-those-who-cared-for-dallas-patient-1.2797050

Mom works in healthcare, has to go in a big old panic to get ready.

There's a case of ebola in Ottawa, Canada, Ontario, Canada.

Is there some sort of map someplace showing all the world ebola hotspots/ # of cases?

MikMaq

« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
Is there some sort of map someplace showing all the world ebola hotspots/ # of cases?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_epidemic_in_West_Africa#mediaviewer/File:Map_of_Ebola_Outbreak_-_1_October_2014.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_epidemic_in_West_Africa

Just read through this and you can get day by day updates.

This thing has consistantly doubled in number month to month for atleast 6 months now.

MikMaq

« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
. Nothing like a steep incline that show no sign of relent.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »

There is a vaccine available for rabies,. Currently, there is no cure or vaccine for Ebola.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2014, 11:44:38 AM »
Hey, this shit is under control, its not a big deal, actually, its very hard to get. Havent you heard?

/sarcasm

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Why is the EBOLA nonsense a Sticky?
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
Why?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Why is the EBOLA nonsense a Sticky?
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »
Is there going to be a Meningitis sticky as well?  ???