Author Topic: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17  (Read 478199 times)

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
Re: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17
« Reply #1425 on: August 26, 2017, 08:37:44 AM »
The guy was a failed amateur bodybuilder, a drug freak, a narcissist, a moron, and a scammer.

And he's a "fitness/bodybuilding legend"?!

From what I see and read, the folks who love the guy and consider him motivating are those among us who can never stick to much of anything and are constantly "getting back into the gym", etc.

People with no fire of their own. No spark.

Rich was a loser being followed by losers.

A Loser King, as it were.

So in this sense, I guess he was still a king, of sorts.

But what some others have said in this very thread is completely accurate: Piana didn't represent any of the good of bodybuilding.

Nothing is good about Bodybuilding on a profissional level. You gotta give that to Blaha. Its a world full of lies, deceit,  political hypocrisy and sexual favors . Sad, but true

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1426 on: August 26, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »
Morbidly inappropriate question ahead (feel free to delete):

When a 280-300 lbs. Rich or Dallas passes on, with the added weight of a casket, is this the poundage pallbearers will be forced to carry at the service? Without getting too graphic, does the deceased's physical funeral prep in some way lighten the load?

The 5% Penguin Brigade will undoubtedly drain Rich's carcass of excess liquids which in turn will be made into biodiesel and used to power the hearse.  Once at the cemetery the same 5% Penguin Brigade will waddle from the hearse to the grave site for the service carrying the sacred sarcophagus above their heads (approximately 4 feet above ground level). 

Post eulogy and with heads bowed in total reverence for their fallen heroine, the Pengies will then lower the flaccid carcass of Piana (buried appropriately in a Baby Grand crate) to his final resting place.

Three days later they will return to the site and find the headstone tipped over, 20 empty testosterone vials, a single used syringe, an empty 5% jug, a large but empty helium cylinder normally found at circuses and a radiant being of black light (the orginal light was BLACK...FACT!) resembling a shrunken Ronnie Coleman dressed as Schmoeses standing beside it.  The angelic being will utter five simple words that will forever change bodybuilding...

"He be re-inflated...'n' sheit."

And the world will never be quite the same...'n'sheit.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1427 on: August 26, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »
My first interview with Rich...he was winded after just a 4.5 minute interview.  He was 297 at this Olympia - about the biggest I had ever seen him, given how lean he was here too.  So when we consider ripped muscle mass, he was probably bigger here than anything he did after that, including his "Bigger by the Day" series on YouTube.

Overall, Rich was not often like this, and was usually under 270.  So it's not as if this was his normal.  If it was, I would have been less surprised at his death.  But because he was normally lighter than this and more comfortable at the weight he was, I was a little surprised with him dying so young.  At least Rich lived life on his own terms.  Very few people can say that.  But to die that young - it just isn't worth it to me.  On the flip side, even if he lived 30 years longer, it's not as if that is all that much better.  Everyone dies, very few people truly live - as the saying goes.  I think it's safe to say that Rich truly lived.  He did what he loved, and that is very important:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1428 on: August 26, 2017, 08:51:30 AM »
Im sure rich is happy now he'll never have to speak with u again -
My first interview with Rich...he was winded after just a 4.5 minute interview.  He was 297 at this Olympia - about the biggest I had ever seen him, given how lean he was here too.  So when we consider ripped muscle mass, he was probably bigger here than anything he did after that, including his "Bigger by the Day" series on YouTube.

Overall, Rich was not often like this, and was usually under 270.  So it's not as if this was his normal.  If it was, I would have been less surprised at his death.  But because he was normally lighter than this and more comfortable at the weight he was, I was a little surprised with him dying so young.  At least Rich lived life on his own terms.  Very few people can say that.  But to die that young - it just isn't worth it to me.  On the flip side, even if he lived 30 years longer, it's not as if that is all that much better.  Everyone dies, very few people truly live - as the saying goes.  I think it's safe to say that Rich truly lived.  He did what he loved, and that is very important:

w

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1429 on: August 26, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »
Never said he was a hero or heroic, let's leave that description for someone whom is a real hero. People die every day never having attempted to achieve their goals let alone succeed. Rich did some off the wall crazy shit with his body to get what he wanted. Some people sit around all day on a computer and play hero. Some people overeat until they are morbidly obese, some people smoke cigarettes, some people just sit around all day dreaming yet never attempt their dreams. Rich wanted this lifestyle, he made it. Yes he died young, how happy do you think he would be if he just dreamed about it and lived to be 80? People not willing to do what it takes are not necessarily smarter just because they want to live longer. They simply have just made a personal choice for their own path.

Well then, if "dead by 46" was Piano's goal, then yes he achieved it.

The applause at the funeral will be deafening.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1430 on: August 26, 2017, 09:12:36 AM »
The relevance of Piano, both to bodybuilding or even existentially beyond that, is a discussion worth having.  He died young, but he lived the dream.  He didn't place for shit in contests and didn't even enter them for many years, but that part of bodybuilding seems to be dying.  To your average Joe Schmoe (not just your average Schmoe) there isn't any difference between Dallas McCarver, Ronnie and Piano.

But we are here discussing his death, and would not be if any of us died.  He achieved fame and notoriety, so on some level he wins.

No.

In the TMZ world both McCarver and Piano will be forgotten by tomorrow morning.

The Zyzzzz character's death had 100X the impact on the "sport" than either of the other two did.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1431 on: August 26, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
Hmmmmm.....  everything is possible of course, but in the US exactly who is shown the results of a drug test on an unconscious/dead person?  In terms of being entitled to see them, I mean - Do 'girlfriends' even count.....

And I do not own a tin foil hat, but wouldn't it be the simplest thing in the world for Chanel (or whoever) to just tell people the test was clear, regardless of the truth..  In fact, why on earth would she (or whoever) actually tell the truth to anyone?

Also, would anything like this ever be put into the public domain?

Next of kin and POA have the say so when it comes to seeing medical records. If he was still married then wife.
Legally separated I'm not sure but if they weren't legally separated then she would run the show.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #1432 on: August 26, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
Im sure rich is happy now he'll never have to speak with u again -
;D
T

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1433 on: August 26, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »
No.

In the TMZ world both McCarver and Piano will be forgotten by tomorrow morning.

The Zyzzzz character's death had 100X the impact on the "sport" than either of the other two did.

Who's Death..?
And What impact..?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #1434 on: August 26, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
Any PhD getbiggers here can give us the official autopsy?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #1435 on: August 26, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
Morbidly inappropriate question ahead (feel free to delete):

When a 280-300 lbs. Rich or Dallas passes on, with the added weight of a casket, is this the poundage pallbearers will be forced to carry at the service? Without getting too graphic, does the deceased's physical funeral prep in some way lighten the load?

Body stays roughly the same weight. The real question is the coffin. A cheap one adds a #100 - 150, a regular modern one #200 -300, and a large one or one with lots of fancy metal work can get up into the #400 - 450 range some times. If I were to go about it, I'd have the biggest guys in the middle, or use the not so much seen option of 8 pallbearers.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1436 on: August 26, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
LOL this is insane

Thanks to "his wife" Sara Pianas outburst, she is now even in the Swedish news.

Where was she for Rich during the past months?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/a/Wrgn2/bodybuildingstjarnan-dod--efter-tva-veckor-i-koma

Q

Simple Simon

« Reply #1437 on: August 26, 2017, 10:23:53 AM »
Body stays roughly the same weight. The real question is the coffin. A cheap one adds a #100 - 150, a regular modern one #200 -300, and a large one or one with lots of fancy metal work can get up into the #400 - 450 range some times. If I were to go about it, I'd have the biggest guys in the middle, or use the not so much seen option of 8 pallbearers.

you are taking this way too seriously...

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #1438 on: August 26, 2017, 10:26:26 AM »
you are taking this way too seriously...

It was an interesting question :shrug: :). I do kinda wonder now what the service will be like.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1439 on: August 26, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »

Who's Death..?
And What impact..?

Try to keep up.

Don't ask questions if you can't.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #1440 on: August 26, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »
Who could give a shit if we're "discussed" after we buy the farm?

Your life is your own.

Rich did what he wanted. Good for him. Now the man, who was born the same year as me, is dead. His is not better or worse than any other death. However, it is accurate to state he orchestrated his own peril.

And it's also accurate to say, beyond his celebrity (Kim Kardashian is a celebrity for banging some dime-a-dozen shitskin on video and having a hideous and fake ass, after all) he was underwhelming as a bodybuilder.

Idiots idolized the idiot.

Simple.

Maybe 10 people will think about you (or me) for more than a week after the day we are lowered into the ground.  We will be discussing Piano for centuries

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1441 on: August 26, 2017, 11:07:38 AM »
Well then, if "dead by 46" was Piano's goal, then yes he achieved it.

The applause at the funeral will be deafening.

Well i guess all you can do is rag on him because he died at 46. Everybody dies, you might not see tomorrow so whats your point?  
  He lived the life he wanted (period).

I am neither defending the way he lived or saying its wrong. He became on his own efforts a creation of a freak that made him a personality known by millions of people. Most people when he would walk by would shake their heads and laugh to themselves while a select few would aspire to be like him. He wanted this lifstyle of this larger than life freak. People like watching a spectacle, a train wreck, a car crash, fights whatever. Rich capitolized on the haters and those whom admired him. Personaly i would not choose his path, but he was an interesting freak show.
h

(Screwtape)

• Getbig II
« Reply #1442 on: August 26, 2017, 11:16:31 AM »
The relevance of Piano, both to bodybuilding or even existentially beyond that, is a discussion worth having.  He died young, but he lived the dream.  He didn't place for shit in contests and didn't even enter them for many years, but that part of bodybuilding seems to be dying.  To your average Joe Schmoe (not just your average Schmoe) there isn't any difference between Dallas McCarver, Ronnie and Piano.

But we are here discussing his death, and would not be if any of us died.  He achieved fame and notoriety, so on some level he wins.

Means absolutely nothing. Go run through Washington D.C. naked, blowing an air horn. There's your fame and notoriety.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1443 on: August 26, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
Well i guess all you can do is rag on him because he died at 46. Everybody dies, you might not see tomorrow so whats your point? 

If that was the life he wanted then there should be no sympathy or grieving.

His friends should be celebrating his fulfilled life and all his amazing achievements.

Period.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1444 on: August 26, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »

I'm certain that he would have wanted that the life he wanted to last a bit longer.

If you live the life you wanted, you'd always want it to last for as long as possible.

The life we want usually last more than 60+ years.
Q

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1445 on: August 26, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »

Cremation would solve the fuck outta this.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #1446 on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »
Have we confirmed that this tragic loss can be attributed to heme-iron?

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1447 on: August 26, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
I'm certain that he would have wanted that the life he wanted to last a bit longer.

If you live the life you wanted, you'd always want it to last for as long as possible.

The life we want usually last more than 60+ years.

You're assuming that, you're not certain of this and you're interjecting your own preferences into the discussion.

Eric2 knows with certainty that Piano lived the life he wanted (period).

That wasn't desperation in Piano's YT videos, that was unremitting effort toward achieving his life goal.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: August 26, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »
don't try to be something you're not brah

Appreciate the tip.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1449 on: August 26, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
Appreciate the tip.

I'll bet you appreciate the whole thing, not just the tip.