Author Topic: Economy - Not hiring until Obama is gone  (Read 1658 times)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Economy - Not hiring until Obama is gone
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
The real reason hiring is still very low.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone

WACO, Ga. -- A west Georgia business owner is stirring up controversy with signs he posted on his company's trucks, for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates:

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone."

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C."

Looman's company is U.S. Cranes, LLC.  He said he put up the signs, and first posted pictures of the signs on his personal Facebook page, six months ago, and he said he received mostly positive reaction from people, "about 20-to-one positive."

But for some reason, one of the photos went viral on the Internet on Monday.

And the reaction has been so intense, pro and con, he's had to have his phones disconnected because of the non-stop calls, and he's had to temporarily shut down his company's website because of all the traffic crashing the system.

Looman made it clear, talking with 11Alive's Jon Shirek, that he is not refusing to hire to make some political point; it's that he doesn't believe he can hire anyone, because of the economy. And he blames the Obama administration.

"The way the economy's running, and the way my business has been hampered by the economy, and the policies of the people in power, I felt that it was necessary to voice my opinion, and predict that I wouldn't be able to do any hiring," he said.

Looman did receive some unexpected attention not long after he put up his signs and Facebook photos. He said someone, and he thinks he knows who it was, reported him to the FBI as a threat to national security. He said the accusation filtered its way through the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and finally the Secret Service. Agents interviewed him.

"The Secret Service left here, they were in a good mood and laughing," Looman said. "I got the feeling they thought it was kind of ridiculous, and a waste of their time."

So Bill Looman is keeping the signs up, and the photos up -- stirring up a lot of debate.

"I just spent 10 years in the Marine Corps protecting the rights of people... the First Amendment, and the Second Amendment and the [rest of the] Bill of Rights," he said. "Lord knows they're calling me at 2 in the morning, all night long, and voicing their opinion. And I respect their right to do that. I'm getting a reaction, a lot of it's negative, now. But a lot of people are waking up."
all drugs - TPPIIP

Salvatore Martinez

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Economy - Not hiring until Obama is gone
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »
no one seems to like the Kenyan big eared half breed.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:06:32 AM »
no one seems to like the Kenyan big eared half breed.

Let me get this straight.  You are JJN's gimimick.  Since many of us call you a fag under JNN, you are logging-in and playing hard-core Mexican under this gimmick, so we think you are a hard ass Inca Boy and Latino Heat.  Interesting.

Salvatore Martinez

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Let me get this straight.  You are JJN's gimimick.  Since many of us call you a fag under JNN, you are logging-in and playing hard-core Mexican under this gimmick, so we think you are a hard ass Inca Boy and Latino Heat.  Interesting.
lets get this straight Syd'Quan im no ones gimmick, im my own man and i'll call you the shaved yard ape you are anytime.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:08:34 AM »
Thats awesome.
Lol at butthurt fgts turning him in to Homeland.

How gay is that? What a bunch of shitheads. Fucking people who are supposedly liberal, yet freak out when someone using their lilberties to speak their mind.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »
I fear that the Republicans won't do any better... Look at how that idiot Boehner is performing and you'll see what I mean.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
Hey Roark, have you seen Atlas Shrugged Part I? What did you think?

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
It does kinda make sense.  No business wants to spend money when they realize how badly government ruins economic value in this country.  Of course, anyone other than Ron Paul would still produce such a negative effect on the economy

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »
It does kinda make sense.  No business wants to spend money when they realize how badly government ruins economic value in this country.  Of course, anyone other than Ron Paul would still produce such a negative effect on the economy

Too much uncertainty. He's smart to hold off.

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
Considering the mess left behind by puppet bush I think obama is doing quite well for what he has to work with. However I pray to god that a republican wins in 2012 just so all you geniuses that think its all obamas fault for the state of the nation get a eye opening rude awakening that will crumble whats left of our great nation while strenghtening the top 1% the chinese and India. Lets pick this conversation up in 3 years time to the date and see how things are.
Team Schering Oss NL

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »
Considering the mess left behind by puppet bush I think obama is doing quite well for what he has to work with. However I pray to god that a republican wins in 2012 just so all you geniuses that think its all obamas fault for the state of the nation get a eye opening rude awakening that will crumble whats left of our great nation while strenghtening the top 1% the chinese and India. Lets pick this conversation up in 3 years time to the date and see how things are.

Obama is like Bush 2.0, he does everything Bush does and more, more government intrusion, more debt, more overseas aggression, more Patriot Act, more torture

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »
Hey Roark, have you seen Atlas Shrugged Part I? What did you think?

No, I haven't, have you? A friend of mine saw it and didn't think it was too good, so I never went to see it. Someday though, I'll watch it. lol

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 11:32:08 AM »
I really can't wait for a republican in office, not because they have a chance in hell of actually pushing conservative values, but only too watch the back pedal brigade try to blame it on someone else.

You people suck end of thread.

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
I really can't wait for a republican in office, not because they have a chance in hell of actually pushing conservative values, but only too watch the back pedal brigade try to blame it on someone else.

You people suck end of thread.

I doubt they would blame it on everyone else as much as Obama admin has blamed everything on everyone else

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »
I doubt they would blame it on everyone else as much as Obama admin has blamed everything on everyone else
You want to make a wager on that one :D

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 11:44:42 AM »
You want to make a wager on that one :D

umm yeh because that could be calculated retard

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »
3 years in and everything is still "Bush's fault".

I guess community organizers aren't big on truth, accountability or responsibilty.

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
3 years in and everything is still "Bush's fault".

I guess community organizers aren't big on truth, accountability or responsibilty.

It's been over a year since I've heard anything of the sort. Atleast from nontrolls.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »
You're still in school aren't ya?