Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327348 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Softball
« Reply #500 on: March 13, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »
I carried my backup glove for a full three years before I finally settled in and made the switch.  Hard to let the old glove go.

Funny thing - I learned that some infielders in baseball skip putting their finger in the pointer slot, then put ring&pinky in the pinky slot.   I tried it for a week, and that's all it took for me to change entirely.  It "extends" the glove AND makes it absolutely pain free when catching the rockets I get in my league.

Yeah it took me awhile to switch to my second glove. I'm gonna try switching fingers and see how that feels. I play outfield so there's not a ton of screaming shots that hurt my hand but what I like about my new glove is that it's a little bigger then my second. I never knew until I ordered on line that you could order a 14 inch glove and that they could be different sizes.

my friend plays in Boston and he said one of his fields is screwed because they used it as a snow dumping ground and you can barely see the top of the backstop!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #501 on: March 14, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Nice. Slide into second and get a syringe in the leg.

/not like i'd slide.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #502 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »
Yeah it took me awhile to switch to my second glove. I'm gonna try switching fingers and see how that feels. I play outfield so there's not a ton of screaming shots that hurt my hand but what I like about my new glove is that it's a little bigger then my second. I never knew until I ordered on line that you could order a 14 inch glove and that they could be different sizes.

my friend plays in Boston and he said one of his fields is screwed because they used it as a snow dumping ground and you can barely see the top of the backstop!

Where does he play.

I play outfield to - mostly L or LC.......The fence behind me is only 280 and there are guys who hit it 400, so the liners I get are ridiculous. Switching the fingers has made it painless.   I use a 13" glove.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #503 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
Where does he play.

I play outfield to - mostly L or LC.......The fence behind me is only 280 and there are guys who hit it 400, so the liners I get are ridiculous. Switching the fingers has made it painless.   I use a 13" glove.

Not sure what field or league but he play's first and is a big power hitter...he's like 6'4 and 270lb....nickname is Chicken

two of our fields are 290 with 20 ft fences and we use league supplied bats with only 3 hrs per team and the balls still fly out.
one field is 300 with 20 foot fence and my happiest moment was putting it over that in dead center.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #504 on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »

Not sure what field or league but he play's first and is a big power hitter...he's like 6'4 and 270lb....nickname is Chicken

two of our fields are 290 with 20 ft fences and we use league supplied bats with only 3 hrs per team and the balls still fly out.
one field is 300 with 20 foot fence and my happiest moment was putting it over that in dead center.

Our fields go from 280 in left to 310 in RC, 300 in R.  The fences are about 40ft high with an HR stripe about 25 ft up,  (golf range nets on top of 10 ft fence) and balls go over them, so I see them land in the 350+ range.  The RC and RF don't have the nets, only 10 ft fences.

I'm lefty and bat either 1-2 so my job is to get on base and run.  Two years ago I hit about 5-6 out, but last year I didn't hit any.  Same 3 hr limit.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #505 on: April 14, 2015, 07:53:41 AM »
1rst practice tonight.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #506 on: April 15, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »
One of my teams may fold.   :'(
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #507 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:26 AM »
One of my teams may fold.   :'(

Couldn't run to save my life but hit great.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »

Couldn't run to save my life but hit great.

This was kind of a cold response to my statement.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #509 on: April 17, 2015, 05:54:21 AM »
This was kind of a cold response to my statement.

Well you're on like 17 others ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #510 on: April 17, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »

Well you're on like 17 others ::)

Good point.  BUT, I actually many not be able to play now that I'm coaching AAU.  Our schedule this year has us going all over the fucking place.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #511 on: April 17, 2015, 06:27:57 AM »
Good point.  BUT, I actually many not be able to play now that I'm coaching AAU.  Our schedule this year has us going all over the fucking place.

Not play at all ??? ??? :o :o

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #512 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:35 AM »

Not play at all ??? ??? :o :o

I have to figure out how to make it work.  Other league is not something I can do part time.  But, I can't stop either.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #513 on: April 17, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »
I have to figure out how to make it work.  Other league is not something I can do part time.  But, I can't stop either.

Eeeh, good luck.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #514 on: April 19, 2015, 09:45:41 AM »
One-ball tourney yesterday. Fielding: fine. Batting: horrendous.     ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #515 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:30 AM »
One-ball tourney yesterday. Fielding: fine. Batting: horrendous.     ::)

You will be fine, my friend.  Maybe on one of my Toronto business trips I can guest pinch hit.   ;D
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2015, 05:13:29 AM »
You will be fine, my friend.  Maybe on one of my Toronto business trips I can guest pinch hit.   ;D
Season delayed. City complaining about wet stuff. Scrimmaged. 4-5. The only good hit was direct to LF. Didn't move an inch.  ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2015, 03:59:17 PM »
Season delayed. City complaining about wet stuff. Scrimmaged. 4-5. The only good hit was direct to LF. Didn't move an inch.  ::)

Yuck....hate bad weather softball.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #518 on: May 23, 2015, 04:06:40 AM »
Played our first game couple days ago. Fielding solid. Batted 2/3. Score? Bloodbath. New team, so I didn't say anything. Next game Sunday. Can only get better.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #519 on: May 23, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »
Played our first game couple days ago. Fielding solid. Batted 2/3. Score? Bloodbath. New team, so I didn't say anything. Next game Sunday. Can only get better.

Good start.  Keep going....
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #520 on: June 23, 2015, 06:36:23 AM »
Tourneys every weekend. One-ball/lob/3-pitch. Good stuff. Lotsa bats in bag but coming back to end-loaded 30 oz Anderson. Carries. Fielding solid (although I should have chased down that one over second). Shit!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #521 on: June 23, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
Anderson bats have a good rep - never swung one.

So, AAU/Spring baseball ended and I got a call to join a team mid year.  Showed up, no practice, and they informed me I was batting lead off.

I was actually nervous....something I haven't been at the plate very often.

Walked.  Lol.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #522 on: June 23, 2015, 08:05:44 AM »
Anderson bats have a good rep - never swung one.

So, AAU/Spring baseball ended and I got a call to join a team mid year.  Showed up, no practice, and they informed me I was batting lead off.

I was actually nervous....something I haven't been at the plate very often.

Walked.  Lol.
Not a bad thingy. Grab some dirt. Look into outfield. Grip bat. Tap. Off you go.   ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #523 on: July 03, 2015, 12:25:44 PM »
Saw the Jays/BoSox Canada Day game. Great game, and the only one the Jays took off of the Sox in the series.  :'(  And, what a division, with 4 teams within one vying for the lead. Lotta Massholes flew in for the series. Good stuff. Good stuff. Love the enthusiasm.  :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #524 on: July 03, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
Saw the Jays/BoSox Canada Day game. Great game, and the only one the Jays took off of the Sox in the series.  :'(  And, what a division, with 4 teams within one vying for the lead. Lotta Massholes flew in for the series. Good stuff. Good stuff. Love the enthusiasm.  :)

Toronto let me down.
Y