Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 759368 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8475 on: February 01, 2022, 12:25:57 AM »
Apparently Raoul Pal only owns 1 BTC, the rest of his portfolio is mainly ETH.

Stablecoins, Defi, NFT's, the Metaverse, all are using Ethereum.

And he has 15k put options in March……

Oh, he left that bit out

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8476 on: February 01, 2022, 03:04:18 AM »
Visa Teams with ConsenSys for Central Bank Digital Currency Pilot

https://www.pymnts.com/cbdc/2022/visa-teams-with-consensys-for-central-bank-digital-currency-pilot/

Visa is collaborating with the (Ethereum) blockchain software company ConsenSys to launch a central bank digital currency (CBDC) pilot program to test retail applications like cards and wallets, Bloomberg reported on Thursday (Jan. 13).

Both companies will first hold talks with an estimated 30 central banks regarding what the monetary authorities expect to achieve with government-backed digital currencies. The pilot is anticipated to launch in the spring of this year.

Visa started offering payment cards linked to the stablecoin USD Coin in March. The USD Coin is pegged to the U.S. dollar and is managed by a consortium called Centre, which was founded by Circle and includes members from the cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase, PYMNTS reported.

“We think that stablecoins and CBDCs will coexist in the future and there’ll be a number of different approaches to creating products based on that,” Cuy Sheffield, Visa’s head of crypto, told Bloomberg.

China has already launched several trial programs with the digital yuan and is planning to accept the currency at the Beijing Winter Olympics. Nigeria and the Bahamas are also circulating their own CBDCs.

ConsenSys is headed by Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin, who has already tested CBDCs with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, the Reserve Bank of Australia, and the Bank of Thailand.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8477 on: February 01, 2022, 03:25:57 AM »
It’s the same mentality for the trust as the spot market, that’s the point I am making. The rationale is if the world’s largest crypto fund is at a large negative discount and is drip selling their coins (they are not dumping), it means the market has not bottomed otherwise we would see them reach equilibrium.

When we recently hit 33k we saw the Grayscale move from -30% to -20% in 3 days. Investors were buying BTC at 23k. You are too quick to assume the trust is failing rather than believe it is functioning fine and it’s the investors waiting for a bottom, just like we saw last week.

In other words it correlated on the way down but will correlate on the way up because a cheaper entry in the trust gives much better risk control than spot. Institutions will buy up the discount GBTC BEFORE they buy spot BTC just like we saw the trust premium go down BEFORE spot was dumped. It’s the same participants/psychology in both as they react together as the same time.

Oh my God dude... stubborn a bit huh? Grayscale is literally dumping their BTC daily. It's not a "drip". I'm not saying that the trust is failing, YOU are. No trust will ever go belly up if they finance their operating expenses on selling the premium into an almost 30% discount. And again, THIS after their 2% management fee has run out.

And no, I don't know if investors will buy up GBTC to a premium when BTC starts going ballistic because next time we will most likely have an ETF from someone else that will act as a black hole of money from new entrants. EVERYBODY knows, at least the ones paying attention, that the days of the 30% GBTC premium are over. Sonnensheim and Seibert managed this drop so erratically... I mean, at one point there were so many hybrid products out there arbitraging the discount that it kept on growing even when BTC was skyrocketing. Which spooked even more investors and ensured the predicament we're in right now.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8478 on: February 01, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
Here's a hint for everyone including technical analysts - nobody knows what the price is going to do. Almost everyone has been off with this cycle. Many were expecting a blow off top in Q4 of 2021. That did not happen. Yeah Ethereum got close to $5,000 but the price people expected was $20,000.

Are there any billionaire TAs out there?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8479 on: February 01, 2022, 04:10:40 PM »
Oh my God dude... stubborn a bit huh? Grayscale is literally dumping their BTC daily. It's not a "drip". I'm not saying that the trust is failing, YOU are. No trust will ever go belly up if they finance their operating expenses on selling the premium into an almost 30% discount. And again, THIS after their 2% management fee has run out.

And no, I don't know if investors will buy up GBTC to a premium when BTC starts going ballistic because next time we will most likely have an ETF from someone else that will act as a black hole of money from new entrants. EVERYBODY knows, at least the ones paying attention, that the days of the 30% GBTC premium are over. Sonnensheim and Seibert managed this drop so erratically... I mean, at one point there were so many hybrid products out there arbitraging the discount that it kept on growing even when BTC was skyrocketing. Which spooked even more investors and ensured the predicament we're in right now.

**edit - too many words.

Fwiw Grayscale holdings, maybe 1k/day sell for almost a year. I call it drip feed selling, others call it massive dumping.

I do hope BTC can get above the 40k mark so longs can get a good run short term. Volatility squeeze looks to be a decent size move.

But alas, I am only interested in the bottom. Maybe it’s April? Maybe it’s November? I shall hibernate until I see the bottom is in.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #8480 on: February 02, 2022, 08:37:24 AM »
bitcoin has me concerned right now

had to liquidate and use remaining to fund my bodybuilding career with some igf1 and gh

Ill be back in the game once it gets above 40k

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8481 on: February 02, 2022, 08:55:35 AM »
Classic or Open Division sir?

Keen decision. I once new a bodybuilder that made over $40 one year.
a

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8482 on: February 03, 2022, 04:29:27 AM »
Immutable X (IMX) is gonna pump for a quick play when the Americans wake up. Sold some ETH and loaded up. $3.50 right now

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #8483 on: February 03, 2022, 05:30:16 AM »
bitcoin has me concerned right now

had to liquidate and use remaining to fund my bodybuilding career with some igf1 and gh

Ill be back in the game once it gets above 40k

It's a strange thing to say, but that's probably a better financial choice  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8484 on: February 07, 2022, 07:01:29 AM »

Shorts rekt. Bears in tears.

Big ol pump into the super bowl very likely.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8485 on: February 10, 2022, 01:01:46 PM »
Oh but you can’t use Grayscale as any guide because of blah blah blah…..

I bet it’s a different story as it moves rapidly towards equilibrium ;)

-11% is back to the July support level as spot holds @ 44k. We want to see this flip positive which would tell us institutions perceive the bottom as being in and retail essentially flushed out. Don’t get too excited yet, it needs to show 0%+ to be comfortable.

Price is heavily bot driven at the moment. 46k and 46.8k are resistance lines for now.

Super Bowl on Monday with BTC ads. Sell the event?  Feb 25th options expiration aren’t really showing any sign of life above 40k despite being up here for days.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8486 on: February 14, 2022, 04:36:19 AM »
Go with whatever coins you like and are comfortable holding long term. Buy in with the mentally that catching a new cycle top and taking some easy profit as a nice bonus if it happens, but long term holding is the default.

IMO crypto is close to ripping and going on bull run to a new cycle peak. The only thing that could potentially hold it back is a huge financial crash.

S&P 500 could drop up to 50% from its peak over the next few months. I've shorted it and plan on going long crypto (alts). That's my hedge. The retard in me is also hoping both plays come off simultaneously.

Both positions currently in the green

If this comes off my head will be this big

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #8487 on: February 14, 2022, 06:16:02 AM »
I'm all in C98. Hodl til the end of time.
never goes into my wallet, but I have set several widely-spaced price alerts
$

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8488 on: February 19, 2022, 10:52:39 PM »
Getting very close to a bottom…..

Note the 3 circles I placed which are bottoms for 2014, 2018, 2019 following major peaks.

The bottom occurs at the start of the range when it closes together, not the end of it.

Historically a bottom from a major peak has taken 1yr. Peak was at the start of April if we look at active user data.

Coins on exchanges owned by whales vs retail is crazy high.

March options now have rising open interest for 15k-16k with bulk OI 20k-25k-30k for 25th March.

Sharemarket Volmageddon. Global war risk.

My Twitter feed contains some on chain people telling people they are dumb because of supply shortage. Influencers are posting 100k this year and how bad people should feel for not buying. Fandoms saying everybody is short and nobody is long therefore we will hit ATHs.

Make of that what you will.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8489 on: February 21, 2022, 01:54:05 AM »
Shits fkd confirmation.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8490 on: February 21, 2022, 04:16:14 PM »
This thread may eventually end poetically with Bitcoin about to hit $5,000 per coin.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8491 on: February 21, 2022, 04:52:31 PM »
This thread may eventually end poetically with Bitcoin about to hit $5,000 per coin.

When people start thinking like this, I know I should start buying more.

Bitcoin flash crashed to 33K on nothing news a month ago. On invasion news it's somewhat surprisingly holding 37K. Could still dump further with the markets tomorrow, but other than sentiment nothing has changed with Crypto since the ATH last year. Be sensible, but don't be scared.

I saw this potentially coming a month ago and was expecting a much bigger dump. 33k again and 27K are possible wicks

Got close to a 38k, but 40k support still trying its best to hold on.

Todays dump was just a mirror of the stock market. BTC could potentially flash crash with the stock market based on certain geopolitical news, so put some 35k btc buy orders and 2.5k eth orders and a few other crazy low ones in just in case. Otherwise still dca on eth and waiting for that bounce!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8492 on: February 21, 2022, 11:25:00 PM »
When people start thinking like this, I know I should start buying more.

Bitcoin flash crashed to 33K on nothing news a month ago. On invasion news it's somewhat surprisingly holding 37K. Could still dump further with the markets tomorrow, but other than sentiment nothing has changed with Crypto since the ATH last year. Be sensible, but don't be scared.

I saw this potentially coming a month ago and was expecting a much bigger dump. 33k again and 27K are possible wicks

Christmas Eve BTC price
2010 0.25
2011 $4
2012 $13
2013 $651
2014 $330 —> epic capitulation
2015 $453
2016 $899
2017 $13,673
2018 $4,120 —> epic capitulation
2019 $7,318
2020 $23,475
2021 $51,500
2022            —> epic capitulation???

Everybody is bullish as hell and leveraged to the tits. My feed just now has stacks of calls for a 52k bounce from here. I see a lot of fake bearish stuff on Twitter, retail psyops themselves though 😂

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8493 on: February 22, 2022, 06:38:40 PM »
25th Feb options @ 35k.

25th March options coming in very heavy at the 25k-30k region.

It might be too early for a capitulation in March to go sub 20k but we will see more as the date gets closer.

Every man and his dog says 27k-30k is the bottom so lots of longs at high LVR is on the cards which will be interesting

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8494 on: February 23, 2022, 05:27:27 AM »
Christmas Eve BTC price
2010 0.25
2011 $4
2012 $13
2013 $651
2014 $330 —> epic capitulation
2015 $453
2016 $899
2017 $13,673
2018 $4,120 —> epic capitulation
2019 $7,318
2020 $23,475
2021 $51,500
2022            —> epic capitulation???

Everybody is bullish as hell and leveraged to the tits. My feed just now has stacks of calls for a 52k bounce from here. I see a lot of fake bearish stuff on Twitter, retail psyops themselves though 😂

The epic capitulations were preceded by epic peaks.

Where epic peak?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8495 on: February 23, 2022, 11:07:10 PM »
The epic capitulations were preceded by epic peaks.

Where epic peak?

Oi, I made that argument before 😝

It’s really just the reset we need, at whatever price that may be. Could be 10k, could be 15k or it could be the 27k wick that every crypto person is saying it will be.

What I would argue to myself who says ‘where peak’ is we are at 42.5% BTC dominance. Everybody is in alts at 35k. They need to be nuked and rug pulled otherwise going up means retail and capital is drawn away from BTC.

So for me, the low dominance is what I think price will react to. SOL at $50 sounds ok still. SOL at $10 makes you question whether it will actually rebound in years down the road.

Capitulation is crazy close. Every bastard said we were going to ATH or at least 52k and here we are at 35k. Retail can’t take much more of this.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8496 on: February 24, 2022, 05:49:26 PM »

Retail left in the summer last year and hasn't got back involved in any significant way since. Only degens are left.

This year for whatever reason crypto is mirroring the financial markets. They've dumped around 15 to 20% this year. If it was a correction and it's corrected then we know what happens next..

I sold my short positions and rolled some into Eth. For now I'm  buying lumps of ETH whenever it drops under 2.5K. Betting on Eth one day breaking it's ATH. This is with the knowledge that the block chain trilemma has in a round about way been solved and there is a work around for gas fees. It's gonna be the easiest money I ever make.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8497 on: February 25, 2022, 08:19:41 AM »
More shorts rekt. More dips bought. More compounding gains

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8498 on: February 25, 2022, 02:53:00 PM »
More shorts rekt. More dips bought. More compounding gains

Nice.

Target 41k-41.6k perhaps and see if there is any buy pressure left. Everyone in alts yet again.

I went full autist so I deleted to make it shorter 😂

March 4th 35k
March 25th 30k

As we approach Apr-May just be careful with your dip buying. Every bastard is going long from the same level you are.

This is the 2nd bottom at the same points. We will get a 3rd and everyone will do the exact same thing. I’ve attached the current liquidation points for you. Longs are where the liquidity is.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8499 on: February 25, 2022, 02:56:01 PM »
All I can say is I’m doing pretty damn good swing trading alts atm. Been swinging ach in the .04-.065 channel and doing very well. Swung gala from .16-.39. Getting nervous now though with btc having a hard time trying to hit 40k.