Author Topic: 2022 Midterm Elections  (Read 15443 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 2022 Midterm Elections
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2022, 06:00:06 PM »
Democracy is tyranny by majority. Most Americans probably can't name the 3 branches of federal government. Many don't have any skin in the game but have the same vote as a person who feeds a town in taxes. People who take out more than they give should not get to vote.

The American form of democracy is the worst form of GOV,  except when compared to all other systems that were tried.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2022, 01:51:28 AM »
The American form of democracy is the worst form of GOV,  except when compared to all other systems that were tried.
Yeah, there is no perfect system.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2022, 10:28:06 AM »
Yeah, there is no perfect system.

I'm an unashamed cheerleader for the American form of democracy.
It's not perfect, but nothing is, that's run by humans.

Unlike you and those in your camp, I welcome and encourage all citizens to vote.

However, unlike some on my side, I think every voter needs a legit photo ID.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »

Unlike you and those in your camp, I welcome and encourage all citizens to vote.

However, unlike some on my side, I think every voter needs a legit photo ID.
This is a bold faced lie. The right side wants citizens to vote, not illegal immigrants, like in NY.  ::) People only want accountability, all citizens over 18 are supposed to have ID, therefore they should be able to provide ID when voting, can't get a beer without one. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2022, 12:45:12 PM »
This is a bold faced lie. The right side wants citizens to vote, not illegal immigrants, like in NY.  ::) People only want accountability, all citizens over 18 are supposed to have ID, therefore they should be able to provide ID when voting, can't get a beer without one. ;)

Nobody should be against providing ID to vote, and most polls show >80% support for this.  There's no rational explanation to not requiring it.
Y

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2022, 02:04:29 PM »

It looks like we agree .

In related news, Hell just opened an ice skating rink  ;)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2022, 06:15:17 PM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2022, 04:03:06 PM »

Another fine example of voter fraud evidence that could hold up in any court ...on "fantasy island" .  ::)

Maybe BigFoot carried in the fake ballots or aliens flew in from Roswell NM  and stuffed a drop box?

The only fraud is the lame stories from butt hurt election losers .

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2022, 07:51:00 PM »
Democracy is tyranny by majority. Most Americans probably can't name the 3 branches of federal government. Many don't have any skin in the game but have the same vote as a person who feeds a town in taxes. People who take out more than they give should not get to vote.

You make a good point, maybe not the one you intended though.

Hmmm, tyranny by majority doesn't seem that bad when you compare it to the other two types of tyranny. Government by one individual (in an autocracy) to government by a minority (in an oligarchy, tyranny of the minority) to government by a majority (in a democracy, tyranny of the majority).

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2022, 01:08:54 AM »
You make a good point, maybe not the one you intended though.

Hmmm, tyranny by majority doesn't seem that bad when you compare it to the other two types of tyranny. Government by one individual (in an autocracy) to government by a minority (in an oligarchy, tyranny of the minority) to government by a majority (in a democracy, tyranny of the majority).
When the majority are easily brainwashed things will not end well. People getting freebies from the government will always vote for more freebies. We now are almost at critical mass. Watch the movie Idiocracy for a humorous look at where we are headed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2022, 11:24:09 AM »
When the majority are easily brainwashed things will not end well. People getting freebies from the government will always vote for more freebies. We now are almost at critical mass. Watch the movie Idiocracy for a humorous look at where we are headed.

When you say the majority are easily brainwashed, would that include liberals, conservatives, and others? Democrats are not in the majority at 46.3%. Republicans on their own at only 24% are in the minority, but when combined with independents and non-affiliated voters the total is around 54%, which would be the majority. The bottom line is it seems like Republicans are doing a poor job at attracting voters.

I am a democrat. Have been since I first registered to vote when I was 21years old. I do not recall getting freebies from the government. What kind of freebies are you talking about? If democrats get them, wouldn't republicans and independents also get them?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2022, 02:04:10 PM »
What an absolute disaster for the GOP.  They have the most incompetent, ineffective, dishonest person to ever hold the presidency, an equally horrible VP, pretty much every indicator is bad, foreign policy sucks, directly responsible for the death of Marines in Afghanistan, etc., etc.  Should have been a red wave.  Turned out to be barely a trickle. 

Why?  Because the Republican Party sucks.  The only reason they are still relevant is the Democrat Party is worse and intellectually bankrupt.

What a bunch of duds.  I mean they could not beat a guy in Fetterman who is less coherent than Biden.  The RNC head should be fired. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2022, 05:29:10 PM »
Too many RINOS in the swamp.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2022, 06:35:36 AM »
What an absolute disaster for the GOP.  They have the most incompetent, ineffective, dishonest person to ever hold the presidency, an equally horrible VP, pretty much every indicator is bad, foreign policy sucks, directly responsible for the death of Marines in Afghanistan, etc., etc.  Should have been a red wave.  Turned out to be barely a trickle. 

Why?  Because the Republican Party sucks.  The only reason they are still relevant is the Democrat Party is worse and intellectually bankrupt.

What a bunch of duds.  I mean they could not beat a guy in Fetterman who is less coherent than Biden.  The RNC head should be fired.

Agreed.  Well said!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2022, 06:38:02 AM »
Black Turnout in Midterms Was One of the Low Points for Democrats

There was a lot of good news — or at least news that felt good — for Democrats this election cycle, from holding the Senate to remaining stubbornly competitive in the House.

But as more data becomes final, it’s clear that Black turnout is not one of those feel-good stories for the party.

We won’t get conclusive numbers on this for months, but the evidence so far raises the distinct possibility that the Black share of the electorate sank to its lowest level since 2006. It certainly did in states like Georgia and North Carolina, where authoritative data is already available.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-turnout-midterms-one-low-132820343.html