Author Topic: Catholic just might be the last church standing  (Read 2584 times)

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses just might be the last church standing
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2022, 11:25:26 AM »
One need only examine their doctrine to know the truth.  This is true of other false faiths such as that of the LDS/Mormon/Moron tribe of twits.

Oh, don’t say that about “Heavenly Father” and his attractive wife “Heavenly Mother”

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2022, 11:38:18 AM »
Tbh everything comes down to John 3:16

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2022, 11:45:33 AM »
Given all my Bible studies, given all the information I have, The Roman Catholic Church is the Church founded by The Lord Jesus Christ. This is made clear.
The Roman Catholic Church has teachings completely contrary to what is taught in the New Testament.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2022, 12:05:12 PM »
I dropped religion for schmoeligion and became a Joe Weider’s Witness

LMAO Woooshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2022, 12:11:01 PM »

Bro....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2022, 12:23:54 PM »

Brutal if true

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2022, 03:26:25 PM »
Details?

If you're too  lazy go intercourse yourself.  WTF?  When did trolls get even lazier?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2022, 05:58:16 PM »
woooooooooooooooo

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2022, 06:01:43 PM »
So behind all your self indulgent pretentious verse, there really is nothing.

You really are a lazy, ineffectual and doubtless effete twatling of a humanoloid.  You know exactly what I speak of and yet you think that by luring me into a "debate" you can somehow belittle me and my words.

I shall tell you a truth, nah...a certainty.  You will not see Paradise for you do not see the light let alone walk in it.  Now then, that you may know I am smarter than  you, fuck off little one.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2022, 06:39:38 PM »
You are quick to insult others, especially when your logic is challenged. If you are unable or unwilling to explain your own statements, just say so politely. Be a gentleman.

You do realize that you're doing this for some sort of underlying need to belittle those you disagree with?  Of course you do!  Whilst the classic definition of a "cult" is a relgion without political power, Catholicism is much more.  It is evil and vile.  Call it "evile".    It is base in its tenets and through the millenia has sought control.

You seek that which you cannot have.  To best such as I. You cannot win and are only making your mental impotence painfully obvious to the forums in particular and the interwebs in general.  I was once a Christian so I know that you are not a true follower/believer of the Nazarene.  Continue as you are and you shall doubtless here the words, "Depart from me.  I knew you not!"

The truth of the matter is this:  You know Him not.  You.  And so your dust is shaken and so I say to you depart from here. No one gives a shit about a fake.  If you take the truth from the word "live", you are left with "lie".  Truth in Latin is "veritas". 

Take away the "v" from "live" and again, you are left with a "lie".  That would be what you are.  Run along now or rather, run away for not even I care about you. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2022, 07:18:06 PM »
You repeat a pattern of using these bloated verbose diatribes- which actually say very little- in attempt to position yourself as an intellectual superior. As to providing actual details to forward the merits of your original statement, you are unwilling or unable.

You are definitely the human equivalent of a participation trophy.  FOAD.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2022, 03:34:57 AM »
Such as?
Works based salvation, infant baptism, praying to Mary and apostles, confession, not alloying clergy to marry or have children, Pope, Cardinals in leadership that didn't exist in New Testament, etc, etc.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2022, 04:41:02 AM »
Works based salvation, infant baptism, praying to Mary and apostles, confession, not alloying clergy to marry or have children, Pope, Cardinals in leadership that didn't exist in New Testament, etc, etc.

Most of those are a problem, except for throwing some works based salvation into the mix. “What goes around comes around”, as they say.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2022, 06:45:45 AM »
JWs is the poorest religion. Not making a value judgement, it's just interesting. Maybe.

Godamn Jews where do atheist rank?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2022, 06:12:44 PM »
While the JW church will shun homosexuality its a glorified high control MLM, its a shame that it prohibits its members from having enrichment and blood transfusions

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2022, 06:14:06 PM »
They believe only 144,000 people get to heaven.

Kooky enough for Michael Jackson to be one.
MJ wasnt baptized so he wasn't an actual member

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2022, 01:28:23 AM »
Brutal if true

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2022, 02:46:04 AM »
Prince was an actual member.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2022, 01:10:07 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2022, 03:06:11 AM »
Most of those are a problem, except for throwing some works based salvation into the mix. “What goes around comes around”, as they say.
Works based salvation is completely contrary to what is taught in the NT. A saved person doing good works is not the same thing as works as a salvation requirement.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2022, 10:59:45 AM »
Works based salvation is completely contrary to what is taught in the NT. A saved person doing good works is not the same thing as works as a salvation requirement.

Well Ok, but a lot of us who have Christian instincts, still have a hard time wrapping our hands around the concept of good people of other faiths who do good things being shipped straight off to H…L. You may say we are not true Christians but just saying: although a Protestant, I lean more Catholic on that one.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2022, 11:47:03 AM »
Wrong.

“For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it is good or whether it is evil.” Ecclesiastes 12:14.

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.” 2 Corinthians 5:10.

“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith, but does not have works? Can faith save him? But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” James 2:14-26

Boy do I agree with those!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2022, 02:08:34 AM »
Wrong.

“For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it is good or whether it is evil.” Ecclesiastes 12:14.

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.” 2 Corinthians 5:10.

“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith, but does not have works? Can faith save him? But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” James 2:14-26
Wrong! You are confusing judgement with salvation. You are also completely ignoring the whole Book of Romans.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2022, 12:48:35 PM »
James 2:14-26
New King James Version
Faith Without Works Is Dead(A)
14 (B)What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 (C)If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and (D)one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” (E)Show me your faith without [a]your works, (F)and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works (G)when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see (H)that faith was working together with his works, and by (I)works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, (J)“Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called (K)the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, (L)was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Bystander here and certainly no expert on scripture, but totally on your side of this particular argument as someone coming to Christianity late in life. Faith is the wellspring but, to me, works define Christian character and I certainly hope we all will be heavily judged by our works.