Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

RNC Winter Meeting

<< < (4/9) > >>

Coach is Back!:

--- Quote from: IroNat on January 26, 2023, 02:43:52 PM ---Congrats, Coach, you are part of the Deep Stste.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha…hardly. But I did get a bunch of people for some t shirt orders. VP of the NRA said he would add it to their social media

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Coach is Back! on January 26, 2023, 02:40:12 PM ---..anyway. No one was tested and there wasn’t a single mask in sight.

--- End quote ---

-Not surprised at this. What was interesting in reading this is that they went into so much detail regarding COVID issues. My suspicion is that it was meant to appear PC and appease those folks who worry about exposure to COVID.

When I attended the last OSEA Conference at the end of June 2022 which was the first one after two years of them being cancelled due to COVID,  I was somewhat concerned we'd be required to wear masks because hundreds of folks are crowded into a conference room for many hours each of the three days it lasts. Thankfully, this was not the case, although there were a fair number of folks who chose to wear masks. You can be sure; I was not one of them.  ;)  Testing was not required either.

Are there social activities in the evening at the NRC meeting or is it all business? Some of the best conversations happen after the business sessions are finished for the day.

Coach is Back!:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on January 26, 2023, 02:55:28 PM ----Not surprised at this. What was interesting in reading this is that they went into so much detail regarding COVID issues. My suspicion is that it was meant to appear PC and appease those folks who worry about exposure to COVID.

When I attended the last OSEA Conference at the end of June 2022 which was the first one after two years of them being cancelled due to COVID,  I was somewhat concerned we'd be required to wear masks because hundreds of folks are crowded into a conference room for many hours each of the three days it lasts. Thankfully, this was not the case, although there were a fair number of folks who chose to wear masks. You can be sure; I was not one of them.  ;)  Testing was not required either.

Are there social activities in the evening at the NRC meeting or is it all business? Some of the best conversations happen after the business sessions are finished for the day.

--- End quote ---

Even when I went to DC in 2020 there was no testing and masks were optional but even there I didn’t see anyone with a mask except the servers.

Yes, at the end of each meeting there is a social after dinner. But throughout the day when not in meetings there was still a shit ton of networking. Met a lot of people today and will meet more tonight. Kelly Ann Conway is the keynote

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Coach is Back! on January 26, 2023, 03:15:00 PM ---Even when I went to DC in 2020 there was no testing and masks were optional but even there I didn’t see anyone with a mask except the servers.

Yes, at the end of each meeting there is a social after dinner. But throughout the day when not in meetings there was still a shit ton of networking. Met a lot of people today and will meet more tonight. Kelly Ann Conway is the keynote

--- End quote ---

Hmm, haven't read much about Kelly Ann Conway in the news for quite awhile. Do you think she will play a major role in Trumps' 2024 bid for the Presidency like she did in 2016 when she was his campaign manager? She wrote in her book “The Case for (and Against) Donald Trump in 2024,” that she was one of the few to reject his false claims of a stolen election. Do you suppose Trump will welcome her back into his inner circle as a trusted confidant? From what I've read Conway was mum with the press regarding what she told the January 6th committee when she testified. She must have said something since she maintains she did not take the 5th.

What was the subject and contents of her keynote speech or is she speaking at the end of the meeting?

If I remember correctly, during political events, Republicans by in large, avoided wearing masks around the time of the Christmas at the White House event. It seemed like a way of protesting against mask wearing mandates. Unless the media lied, several people ended up getting COVID. It would be interesting to know how they felt about their protests after the contracted COVID, assumably from those close quarter events. No doubt it depended on how sick they became with the virus.

Coach is Back!:

--- Quote from: Primemuscle on January 26, 2023, 03:42:14 PM ---Hmm, haven't read much about Kelly Ann Conway in the news for quite awhile. Do you think she will play a major role in Trumps' 2024 bid for the Presidency like she did in 2016 when she was his campaign manager? She wrote in her book “The Case for (and Against) Donald Trump in 2024,” that she was one of the few to reject his false claims of a stolen election. Do you suppose Trump will welcome her back into his inner circle as a trusted confidant? From what I've read Conway was mum with the press regarding what she told the January 6th committee when she testified. She must have said something since she maintains she did not take the 5th.

Shes never left his inner circle. Not sure what roll she’ll have but she will have a roll from what I gather. 

What was the subject and contents of her keynote speech or is she speaking at the end of the meeting?

🤷‍♂️

If I remember correctly, during political events, Republicans by and large, avoided wearing masks around the time of the Christmas at the White House event. It seemed like a way of protesting against mask wearing mandates. Unless the media lied, several people ended up getting COVID. It would be interesting to know how they felt about their protests after the contracted COVID, assumably from those close quarter events. No doubt it depended on how sick they became with the virus.

Sounds about right. They know right away the prolonged lockdowns and masks were BS

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version