Author Topic: Types of Protein Powders  (Read 1375 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Types of Protein Powders
« on: January 26, 2023, 08:28:36 PM »
Playing with ChatGPT, pretty interesting AI

What type of protein powders are there...

There are several types of protein powders, including:

1. Whey protein: derived from milk and is a complete protein, containing all essential amino acids.
2. Casein protein: also derived from milk and is a slow-digesting protein.
3. Soy protein: derived from soybeans and is a complete protein, but some people may have allergies or sensitivities to it.
4. Pea protein: derived from yellow peas and is a complete protein, but not as popular as other plant-based options.
5. Brown rice protein: derived from brown rice and is a complete protein, but not as popular as other plant-based options.
6. Hemp protein: derived from hemp seeds and is a complete protein, but not as popular as other plant-based options.
7. Egg white protein: derived from egg whites and is a complete protein.
8. Blends: combination of different types of protein powders.

Note that many of these are also available in isolate form, which are more pure and contain less fat and lactose.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Types of Protein Powders
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:30:43 PM »

What kind of whey protein powder is there

There are several types of whey protein powder, including:

1. Whey protein concentrate (WPC): Contains a moderate amount of fat and lactose, and a lower percentage of protein (typically around 70-80%)
2. Whey protein isolate (WPI): Has less fat and lactose and a higher percentage of protein (typically around 90-95%)
3. Hydrolysed whey protein: Has been broken down into smaller peptides, which may make it easier for the body to absorb
4. Whey protein blend: A combination of different types of whey protein, such as concentrate and isolate.

Additionally, there are also whey protein powders that are specifically formulated for certain populations such as for women, for men and for athletes.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 08:34:34 PM »
Tell me info on casein protein and types of casein protein

Casein protein is a type of protein found in milk. It makes up about 80% of the protein in cow's milk and is the primary protein found in cheese. It is a slow-digesting protein, meaning it is absorbed slowly by the body, making it a good option for a before-bed snack or for people looking for a sustained release of protein throughout the day.

There are three types of casein protein:

1. Alpha-casein: makes up about 30% of the casein in milk.
2. Beta-casein: makes up about 60% of the casein in milk.
3. Kappa-casein: makes up about 10% of the casein in milk.

Many supplements use a form of casein called micellar casein, which is a purer form of casein protein that is less processed than other forms. It's known for its slow digestion rate, making it a popular choice for people looking to supplement their protein intake throughout the day.

lamarclark09

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 04:44:38 AM »
Following are the list of types of protein powder
Casein protein
Egg protein
Pea protein
Hemp protein
Mixed plant protein.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 05:19:31 AM »
I have tried all the fart powders through the years. I have one clear winner. I don't see them advertise in bodybuilding web sites or bodybuilding print.  It's Fairlife protein sold in Costco and BJ's.  A little bottle has 30 grams of high quality milk based protein.  Further many get upset stomachs due to lactose and this truly has none. No farts, upset stomach or the runs.  Supplements aren't regulated and have seen many a so called whey isolate say they are lactose free. After I use it I have symptoms of an upset stomach exactly like I do with milk lactose. Fairlife I have zero problems. The best part about it is the taste. Light years beyond any powder I have tried. Wife drinks it just for a milk shake treat.  Again I tried just about all the various powders. Isolate, casein, pea, soy, rice and some I have forgot. They all have in common is that they don't blend well with water.  Fairlife are 150 calories a bottle.

On another related topic I saw a gym owner pull up to BJ's with a pick up truck to pick up a pallet of Fairlife he pre ordered at BJ's cleaning them out. I tried to take a case and the employee said someone pre ordered the pallet and they had none for sale. I wonder how much he charges for a bottle at his gym?  I would imagine after one taste they are a huge seller.