Author Topic: Kick-Ass  (Read 795 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Kick-Ass
« on: May 19, 2010, 04:49:03 AM »
OK, just finished watching "Kick-Ass". What a surprise! It's hard to nail the genre on this one.
In many ways it was what I expected, ...but in so many other ways, ...it was nothing like what I expected.

I expected this to be a sweet silly pubescent film, full of frivolity and unrequited teenage angst which it was,
...however, there was some serious drama, comedy, suspense, plenty of surprises, and lots of grittyness.
It really caught me by surprise, and the film makers knew just how to mix it up and keep the pace going.

The actors were simply superb. The kid who plays 'KickAss' is exceptional. Very sweet and expressive.
And 'Hit Girl' is downright scary.  :o  I can't believe such a hardcore bad ass is contained in that tiny little body,
...and with such a sweet little face too. Holy Cow! Her commitmennt to the character was total, and she reminded me of a young Jodie Foster. As fantastic as the concept is... the actors made it very real, and Hit-Girl was simply exceptional. I truly bought her in the role.  If they made a spin off about 'Hit-Girl', I can see it doing crazy box office. Definitely two thumbs waaay up!

Looking forward to the sequel "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall"

Kick Ass

Kick Ass trailer #2 - Introducing other characters

w

Purge_WTF

Re: Kick-Ass
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:06 PM »
  Saw it in theaters a few weeks ago. Original and entertaining. 7/10.