Author Topic: Pelosi  (Read 1507 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pelosi
« on: November 12, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »
What has kind of been lost in this election is the fact we have the first female leader of the House of Representatives in our history.  I think it's a great thing for women and for the country (even if she is too liberal for my tastes).  May her reign be short-lived.   :)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »
What has kind of been lost in this election is the fact we have the first female leader of the House of Representatives in our history.  I think it's a great thing for women and for the country (even if she is too liberal for my tastes).  May her reign be short-lived.   :)

I think it time we had a little talk son :'(!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
Wow.... You couldn't even read two whole lines... It's clear you didn't make it to Beach's last remark. ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »
Wow.... You couldn't even read two whole lines... It's clear you didn't make it to Beach's last remark. ::)

I read it >:(!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 10:23:47 PM »
I read it >:(!
Obviously you did not... why would you object to the hopes of her stay being short lived unless you had a bitch about a woman holding the position?  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 10:42:46 PM »
The majority of American people want to leave the war in iraq.

Until now, there has not been a prominent voice of power who agreed with this stance.

I thought we all liked fair/balance?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 10:49:23 PM »

This isn't about politics.  It's all about girl power.   :)  I live with four females.  We just talked about this at the dinner table.  It's a great thing to discuss with my girls.  Don't underestimate the power of role models. 

Back when my oldest was about 4 years old, we were having a "what do you want to be when you grow up" talk.  I ran down a list of professions and mentioned "doctor."  She said, "Daddy, women can't be doctors"!  She said that because her pediatricians had all been male.  We then found her a female pediatrician and have used a female pediatrician for our kids ever since.  I think it's good for women, young and old, to see other women succeed (both in and outside of the home).     

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 11:06:25 PM »
This isn't about politics.  It's all about girl power.   :)  I live with four females.  We just talked about this at the dinner table.  It's a great thing to discuss with my girls.  Don't underestimate the power of role models. 

Back when my oldest was about 4 years old, we were having a "what do you want to be when you grow up" talk.  I ran down a list of professions and mentioned "doctor."  She said, "Daddy, women can't be doctors"!  She said that because her pediatricians had all been male.  We then found her a female pediatrician and have used a female pediatrician for our kids ever since.  I think it's good for women, young and old, to see other women succeed (both in and outside of the home).     
So int did have a problem with a woman holding the position?  The only two things you addressed was that aspect and that you wanted her to vacate asap...  I'm really disappointed in Int now :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »

Beach, good viewpoint here...

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 11:13:48 PM »
So int did have a problem with a woman holding the position?  The only two things you addressed was that aspect and that you wanted her to vacate asap...  I'm really disappointed in Int now :-\

I have abosolutly no problem with a woman holding that position as long as it's the right one!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 11:18:45 PM »
I have abosolutly no problem with a woman holding that position as long as it's the right one!
So you didn't read or didn't understand his post then ;)  That's all Beach was giving recognition for :-*

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 12:15:40 AM »

She sets an example, just as Condi Rice, Angela Merkel, Thatcher, Indira Ghandhi, Sandra Day O'Connor, "that lesbian who worked for Clinton" Reno or something, Vigdis Finnborgadottir, and other females who excels.

From my perspective, recruiting politicians from only half of the population (males) is ineffiecent. We need the best. So if both females and males are getting into politics, our society gets a better leadership.

Because we get a bigger selection of candidates.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 08:09:26 AM »
Beach, good viewpoint here...

Thank you.   :)

Phoenix2kx

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 10:36:29 AM »
The argument that because she has held the office makes her great is weak since it doesn't contrast a woman’s accomplishments to those of her male peers. History has shown that most Nations show signs of regression as females rise to power, and that few if any have ever flourished under female leadership; most large Enterprises don't either.

Females aren't suited to lead. They are too relationship oriented and lack the objectivity required to properly judge such matters and or lead a nation. Their lack of interest and contribution to the field of Philosophy also indicates that females lack aptitude in this area because philosophy and leadership go hand and hand.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »
I congratulate her on her new position. 

I will say that I'm not too thrilled with her backing of John Murtha for House majority leader.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 01:15:37 PM »
Pelosi will be the greatest House speaker ever, plus she's very fucckable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
I congratulate her on her new position. 

I will say that I'm not too thrilled with her backing of John Murtha for House majority leader.

I wonder if failing to support her second in command will cause a rift?  I don't think it matters much if Murtha becomes majority leader.  In fact, it might be a good thing, because it will create more discussion about the war.  I'd like to see an ongoing dialogue.  I want my friends to come home soon. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 09:29:36 PM »
I want my friends to come home soon. 

Sorry, dude. It's gonna take three generations to instill change there. Your friends will be home when they're 80.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 09:33:08 PM »
Sorry, dude. It's gonna take three generations to instill change there. Your friends will be home when they're 80.

Figure of speech.  One will be home in May, the other in August.

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »
Beach i think i detected feeling in your post.  Have you looked at anything that 240 or berserker have posted as far as evidence about what the hell is going on?  Bro if you have a family that you care about and love I would suggest just giving it a few minutes of your time. Not trying to be ignorant at all but watch anything they have posted about what happened that day.  As a matter of fact just go to any search engine and put in any words that have to do with that day.  You will be hard pressed to find anything to support any other views.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 10:59:23 AM »
Beach i think i detected feeling in your post.  Have you looked at anything that 240 or berserker have posted as far as evidence about what the hell is going on?  Bro if you have a family that you care about and love I would suggest just giving it a few minutes of your time. Not trying to be ignorant at all but watch anything they have posted about what happened that day.  As a matter of fact just go to any search engine and put in any words that have to do with that day.  You will be hard pressed to find anything to support any other views.

I try and avoid the whole "feeling" thing.  That's pretty gay.  Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.   :)  I get enough of that stuff from all the females in my house (and the ones I work with). 

Try as I might (okay, I haven't tried), I cannot take this 9/11 conspiracy stuff seriously.  I actually stopped debating it many weeks ago.  It doesn't make any sense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 11:04:20 AM »
Try as I might (okay, I haven't tried), I cannot take this 9/11 conspiracy stuff seriously.  I actually stopped debating it many weeks ago.  It doesn't make any sense.

Actually, it makes PERFECT sense!

The US is heading for a big economic problem.  The oil in the Caspian Sea is worth $2T.  The oil under Iraq is worth $3T.  We wanted a reason to be there, in case things went south here, so we could *manage* those resources to fix our economy. 

9/11 was the excuse we gave our people, and the world, to move in over there.

There are many signs we tried to get the Afghan oil nicely.  There are many signs we threatned them.  There are many signs we got the Afghan war wheels turning BEFORE 9/11.

Maybe, just maybe, if you saw that 9/11 was needed to get control of resources we needed for the impending potential financial crisis, you might understand that it does make sense.

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »
I try and avoid the whole "feeling" thing.  That's pretty gay.  Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.   :)  I get enough of that stuff from all the females in my house (and the ones I work with). 

Look into it and use that little thing between your ears to make choices on what you think might possibly have a chance of being real.Dude this sht is no joke.  HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR WIFE WORKED IN SOME HUGE OFFICE BUILDING THAT IS BLOWN TO DUST,LOOK AT THE PICTURES DUST !!! from 1 single plane. Those buildings could have taken another 50-100 planes.  THink poking a hole in your screen door.  They were enormous!!!!!!!