Author Topic: Jobless Rate for Poor Black Teen Dropouts? 95%  (Read 5559 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Jobless Rate for Poor Black Teen Dropouts? 95%
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »
Only 5 percent away from the jackpot.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »
This.  Most of them are too busy studying for various degrees...

I wouldn't call them road scholars......I mean, take out the black part for a bit.....who the fuck would want to hire a teen dropout???  No one ::)
A

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »
I wouldn't call them road scholars......I mean, take out the black part for a bit.....who the fuck would want to hire a teen dropout???  No one ::)

Rhodes Scholars........

Idiot.   ::)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »

The first problem is admitting you have a problem, something the poverty pimps and slime like Obama Jesse Rev. Al Dr. Chimps leftist whites refuse to even concede. 

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
What a ridiculous statistic.  Most poor black teen dropouts generally go back to school for their GED's or for another degree.  I would not expect hardly any of them...black, white, asian, etc to be pursuing a job at all

Epic trolling dickface.

Most black teen dropouts get GEDs & college?? Hahahahahahh!!!

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
Jobless Rate for Poor Black Teen Dropouts? Try 95 Percent
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2013/07/jobless-rate-for-poor-black-te.html

Andrew Sum: Among the young, we began to observe the problem after 2001. When the boom ended in 2000, the labor market, like it always does, generated lots of job losses for young people. What was different this time was that when the economy recovered, it generated no net new jobs for teenagers. Then along comes the 2007-2009 Great Recession, and the labor market for young people is destroyed.

The sad thing is that since the nation began to add jobs in 2009, we've created about 5.2 million additional jobs for America's workers. Teenagers in the aggregate received none of them. Not one.

Blackness of peace!

Paul Solman: So, there are no more jobs for teenagers today than there were when the recovery started in 2009?

Andrew Sum: That's right. Not one.

Paul Solman: How do you explain that?

Andrew Sum: The labor market is still in a depressed state. Employers are telling us, and showing this in their behavior, that they'd rather hire older workers and young adults than teenagers. They find that they can do it. When we were talking to employers and I asked them about customer service, "Why were you hiring younger college grads rather than teenagers?"

They said, "For one reason, because I can." They've got choices about whom to hire and teenagers just unfortunately are at the very back of that queue.

Paul Solman: And how about kids that are not in school, what percentage of them ages 16 to 19 are not working now?

Andrew Sum: Over half. If you're a high school dropout you're talking about 30 percent working. Among high school grads who graduated from high school in the last three years -- we do a separate survey of them the fall after graduation -- 45 percent of them held a job, the lowest in the last 50 years we've been collecting this data. And to make it worse, of that 45 percent, only half of them were able to get a full-time job. Only one in five young high school grads, not in college, [is] working full-time.

Paul Solman: So, you mean, it's effectively an 80 percent underemployment rate?

Andrew Sum: Yes. And, if you happen to be a young black male, we're talking 90. Ninety percent are not working full-time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »
I wouldn't call them road scholars......

Thank you, V.  It's gems like this.

Streetwise meal deal!

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »
Blackness of peace!