Author Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers  (Read 873 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
« on: January 25, 2009, 01:40:45 PM »
Total collapse at the end of the season :-\

I totally support the Gruden firing but am pissed about doing it so late------He did his job and got us a Superbowl so Ill always like Gruden (I know it was Dungy's players mostly, but he did get them over the hump and results speak for themsleves), but his coaching style has grated on the players and he's lost them

he never fulfilled his promise of turning hte offense around, if you look at teh stats the team scored about the same exact amount of points that Dungy did in his tenure.  He wasted top draft picks on offensive players he got rid of shortly there after (wide reciever; Stovall) etc...

Any other Buc fans around here??

Lets hear your thoughts on the team and these issues??

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »
I'm a big Bucs fan too, and I honestly think they would have won the SB without Gruden.

I will never understand why they haven't jumped into the free agent pool for a top WR in the last few years...no matter who is at QB they rarely have anyone to throw too, and there haven't been 2 good receivers in years. Antonio Bryant was solid this year, but that came out of left field after his problems in other places.

The talent is there, and the defense, though young, will hold up, let's just hope the coaching change sparks a little more enthusiasm.

It sucks that it ends up  being the raiders that dismantle us this year, not just the last game of the season that really did it, but it was them firing Lane Kiffin that prompted Monte to leave and the Bucs downfall started the week Monte leaving became common knowledge.

Thanks Raiders...ugh

C

Total collapse at the end of the season :-\

I totally support the Gruden firing but am pissed about doing it so late------He did his job and got us a Superbowl so Ill always like Gruden (I know it was Dungy's players mostly, but he did get them over the hump and results speak for themsleves), but his coaching style has grated on the players and he's lost them

he never fulfilled his promise of turning hte offense around, if you look at teh stats the team scored about the same exact amount of points that Dungy did in his tenure.  He wasted top draft picks on offensive players he got rid of shortly there after (wide reciever; Stovall) etc...

Any other Buc fans around here??

Lets hear your thoughts on the team and these issues??
CD
M&F & FLEX

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »
I'm a big Bucs fan too, and I honestly think they would have won the SB without Gruden.

I will never understand why they haven't jumped into the free agent pool for a top WR in the last few years...no matter who is at QB they rarely have anyone to throw too, and there haven't been 2 good receivers in years. Antonio Bryant was solid this year, but that came out of left field after his problems in other places.

The talent is there, and the defense, though young, will hold up, let's just hope the coaching change sparks a little more enthusiasm.

It sucks that it ends up  being the raiders that dismantle us this year, not just the last game of the season that really did it, but it was them firing Lane Kiffin that prompted Monte to leave and the Bucs downfall started the week Monte leaving became common knowledge.

Thanks Raiders...ugh

C

yeah Im hoping they sign TJ Housmanzadeh in the off-season---him and Antonio would be a goodpair

I was dissappointed that Gruden didnt stick with Chris Simms and help develop him more----I thought that given time he could have become a good QB

not sure about winning hte SB without Gruden though, remember that they destroyed the Raiders because of Gruden's knowledge of his previous team, he also pushed the Bucs that extra bit to push them to the next level

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:19:45 AM »
yeah Im hoping they sign TJ Housmanzadeh in the off-season---him and Antonio would be a goodpair

I was dissappointed that Gruden didnt stick with Chris Simms and help develop him more----I thought that given time he could have become a good QB

not sure about winning hte SB without Gruden though, remember that they destroyed the Raiders because of Gruden's knowledge of his previous team, he also pushed the Bucs that extra bit to push them to the next level

Gruden goes through QB's quicker than I go through beer.