Author Topic: Ravens vs. Steelers- AFC Championship!  (Read 21889 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Ravens vs. Steelers- AFC Championship!
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
Wrong. This is the playoffs. Regular season is out the window. The playoffs are a new season and the Ravens definitely feel like they have a legitimate shot to win.

I put no merit into that psycho babble. If the Ravens lose, it wont be because they felt they couldn't beat the Steelers. If they lose, the Steelers were simply the better team that day. Throw out the regular season. Throw out the trash talking. Throw out the newspaper quotes and the arm chair quarterback analysis.

Once the game starts, once the first hit is delivered......we will see who came to play football.

i know it's basically a new season, i'm just saying the talking heads think the ravens somehow have a psychological advantage because they lost twice in the season

that means nothing

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
just saw that rolle is likely out and suggs can only use one arm to take his shirt off

;D

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 08:28:26 AM »
just saw that rolle is likely out and suggs can only use one arm to take his shirt off

;D

E

You must be relieved to hear that news, Earl. I wonder why. Could be that you're afraid of losing this Sunday. I'm not scared of losing Sunday. It won't ruin my life. The Steelers are the better team this year but that doesn't mean the Ravens can't win. Yeah, it will really suck if the Ravens lose but this team is going to be very good over the next few years.

Suggs is playing. #55 has never missed a game and he won't miss this one either. Even with one good arm he's better than your sorry pass blocking O-line any day of the week.

Fuck Rolle, he blows these days anyway. Players need to step up to fill the void, plain and simple. Watch for SS Jim Leonard to be the X factor for the Ravens on Sunday. That boy can play!

GO RAVENS

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:36 AM »
I agree on the violence. In some cases I wish some of the rules were thrown out. There is so many pitter patter BS calls and it does take away from the sport. Yes we want to protect the players, but players in the 70's and 80's played that way and came back year after year. Not to mention medicine is way better than it used to be. I think it's just politics because of how much the players make now and owners just trying to protect their investments.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »
You must be relieved to hear that news, Earl. I wonder why. Could be that you're afraid of losing this Sunday. I'm not scared of losing Sunday. It won't ruin my life. The Steelers are the better team this year but that doesn't mean the Ravens can't win. Yeah, it will really suck if the Ravens lose but this team is going to be very good over the next few years.

Suggs is playing. #55 has never missed a game and he won't miss this one either. Even with one good arm he's better than your sorry pass blocking O-line any day of the week.

Fuck Rolle, he blows these days anyway. Players need to step up to fill the void, plain and simple. Watch for SS Jim Leonard to be the X factor for the Ravens on Sunday. That boy can play!

uh yeah i'm relieved, suggs is a very good player and rolle is an experienced vet

don't tell me you wouldn't be relieved if polamalu's calf got worse

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »
uh yeah i'm relieved, suggs is a very good player and rolle is an experienced vet

don't tell me you wouldn't be relieved if polamalu's calf got worse

E

wouldnt make any difference to me. I'd be just as concerned about losing to the Steelers if Leftwich was playing over Ben.

GO RAVENS

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2009, 09:52:27 AM »
GO RAVENS

Ravens linebacker Bart Scott described this 2006 sack of Ben Roethlisberger as "the cleanest tackle I've had in my life. It felt good to hear the air leave his body."

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
tick

tick

tick

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »
Yikes. I forgot all about that hit!

There will be some hard hitting today for sure.

Whichever team is more physical wins the game, plain and simple.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »
that and turnovers

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 10:44:12 AM »
Just announced that Terrell Suggs will start on NFL network. I don't think that comes as a shock to any Ravens fans. I just hope he can be effective with one arm on passing downs.

Shoot him up with some demoral and he'll be good to go!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:16 AM »
i was hoping he would play, steelers will test that shoulder 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
They'll probably be more interested in feeling his cock and balls, knowing the Steelers.

GO RAVENS

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2009, 05:47:52 PM »
Damn,do the Ravens have any db's left ??? :o

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
Congrats to the Steelers. Didn't come easy, though. Hines Ward knee injury didn't look good. Flacco finally played like a rookie.

Much respect to the Steelers though. Never thought I would say this but the Cardinals look surprisingly tough.

Great offense versus a tough defense. Interesting matchup.

great year for the Ravens. My head is still up and I'm still smiling. Winning the AFC championship with a rookie quarterback is a tough task. But the future looks great and we will be back in 2009!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »
absolutley great game,physical as it gets,being a steeler fan since a young kid lol....this is great.ben made right plays when nneded,avoided getting sacked in bad situations,flacco is a good young player,he will be heard from again.parker can rest up he had better game last wk but they still won.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2009, 07:38:23 PM »
Actually, Hines Ward says he's good to go. His post game interview had a lot of smiles and he says it's just a sprain.

I want to see both teams at full strength.

let's go Cardinals!! ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »
Much better than the pics I had of Steelers women fans!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2009, 08:41:24 AM »
EARL MY MAN.!!!!!

Can i get a Tick Tick Tick BOOM for Clark one time???

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2009, 03:07:47 PM »
tick

tick

tick

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »
Real classy, Earl that you would glorify someone's injury, after the fact. That was a hit that could have badly injured both Mcgahee AND Clark in a very bad way. Something like that could permanently injure a player and paralyze in some instances. Not only that, it was helmet to helmet and ILLEGAL. I don't give a fuck with Phil Simms or Jim Nance said about the hit being legal. You lead with the crown of your helmet, that's an illegal hit.

You're an even bigger piece of shit than I thought, Earl.

You're a fucking disgrace, dude.....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
lol oh brother in the end they were both fine

nobody is paralyzed, heck willis probably could play in a week or two

the hit was legal, the nfl said so and if it wasn't he would've been fined

I can tell you this, if ryan wasn't injured he wouldn't have gotten up screaming "HE'S DONE" like ray lewis did :)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2009, 10:09:57 AM »
Celebrating the play is not cool. 

That said, the hit was absolutely legal.  There is helmet-to-helmet contact on every play.  He led with his shoulder.  Even when you lead with your shoulder, there will be helmet-to-helmet contact.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
Real classy, Earl that you would glorify someone's injury, after the fact. That was a hit that could have badly injured both Mcgahee AND Clark in a very bad way. Something like that could permanently injure a player and paralyze in some instances. Not only that, it was helmet to helmet and ILLEGAL. I don't give a fuck with Phil Simms or Jim Nance said about the hit being legal. You lead with the crown of your helmet, that's an illegal hit.

You're an even bigger piece of shit than I thought, Earl.

You're a fucking disgrace, dude.....

Calm your ass down. They are both fine. And thats football..Did he get the lights knocked out of him..yes...this is football. this aint table tennis..people hit and get hit