Author Topic: Are Bodybuilders cheapskates ?  (Read 1995 times)

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
Are Bodybuilders cheapskates ?
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
Serious question, if you live the BB lifestyle does it automatically make you cheap because you have schmoes who are willing to pay for your meals etc. when you go out and since you need to save your money for drugs and groceries does that mean less money for leisure?

Anybody here have any cheap friends and they can discuss?

spinnis

Re: Are Bodybuilders cheapskates ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
there are some funny words in the english language lol

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »
Serious question, if you live the BB lifestyle does it automatically make you cheap because you have schmoes who are willing to pay for your meals etc. when you go out and since you need to save your money for drugs and groceries does that mean less money for leisure?

Anybody here have any cheap friends and they can discuss?
Yes.

Majority of the bodybuilders that I know that compete in the NPC around Chicagoland are notorious cheapskates and flakes. 9 out of 10 of them don't hold down a J-O-B. 8 out of 10 of them flip pills, rec drugs and gear. 7 out of 10 of them live off of a foolsih insecure woman. 6 out of 10 of them have a 'sponsor'. 5 out of 10 of them work part-time as a 'trainer'. 4 out of 10 of them MIGHT actually have a job. 3

Lots of them scam money then hide out at different gyms and pretty much all of them sell gear posing as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th middle-man.

- Block!
?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
HEY! Jay Cutler spends $100,000 USD a year on GROCERIES alone.... you watch your mouth convict!

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:55 PM »
Yes.

Majority of the bodybuilders that I know that compete in the NPC around Chicagoland are notorious cheapskates and flakes. 9 out of 10 of them don't hold down a J-O-B. 8 out of 10 of them flip pills, rec drugs and gear. 7 out of 10 of them live off of a foolsih insecure woman. 6 out of 10 of them have a 'sponsor'. 5 out of 10 of them work part-time as a 'trainer'. 4 out of 10 of them MIGHT actually have a job. 3

Lots of them scam money then hide out at different gyms and pretty much all of them sell gear posing as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th middle-man. 8+7+6+5+4+3   ?????? 33 out of 10 , who taught you math ?

- Block!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »

...and majority of them needs to sharpen their mathmatical skills.  :-[

In seriousness...  Most competitive bodybuilders in the NPC either sell drugs or hustle phaggots. Most of them don't work and most of them are broke as a joke.

- Block!
?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »
...and majority of them needs to sharpen their mathmatical skills.  :-[

In seriousness...  Most competitive bodybuilders in the NPC either sell drugs or hustle phaggots. Most of them don't work and most of them are broke as a joke.

- Block!

yes, i was at menards yesterday and saw one of these guys, sweatshirt with the neckline and sleeves cut off walking around with a cougar.
Deep Tissue Massage

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »
yes, i was at menards yesterday and saw one of these guys, sweatshirt with the neckline and sleeves cut off walking around with a cougar.
Yea, see?

Okay. One of my buddies who competes in the NPC around ChiTown area is in NYC for the next 6 weeks. Why, you ask?

He met a DOCTOR through Facebook(oh, brother!) and the DOCTOR offered him 5,000.00  All monthly bills paid in full, a leased vehicle so he can go wherever he wants in NYC if he will stay with the DOCTOR and be his personal trainer and teach him how to eat right.

No shit.

- Block!
?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
Yea, see?

Okay. One of my buddies who competes in the NPC around ChiTown area is in NYC for the next 6 weeks. Why, you ask?

He met a DOCTOR through Facebook(oh, brother!) and the DOCTOR offered him 5,000.00  All monthly bills paid in full, a leased vehicle so he can go wherever he wants in NYC if he will stay with the DOCTOR and be his personal trainer and teach him how to eat right.

No shit.

- Block!

Hahahahha... yeah, eat from a dog bowl wearing diapers while the doctor jerks off.... LOL

I'm not even touching that one..

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
Is the doc female or male?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »
Block, it appears that you know a lot of bums.

I know a good number of professional athletes and each of them has a decent job.

The major difference is that the competitive bodybuilders don't have major contracts anywhere near the same as pro ball players; but they do manage to hold decent, income producing jobs, such as .... within the medical field, sales, publishing, training, and other respected fields of employment.

I've known  a great number of NPC competitors and find it difficult to place any of them within the categories you previously mentioned.

All of them held down decent jobs or attended school. In one case one received a check each and every month that would support him  throughout his lifetime. That money came from a family trust so he didn't have to work but he did enjoy offering a good part of his free time to one of the local hospitals.

But since he evidently did not have a "real job", some of his associates treated him  as the "usual bodybuilding suspect" regarding his substantial income each month.

He could give a shit less though.

And I have yet to meet a bodybuilder who was living with a "foolish, insecure" woman. Most of the guys I know are very happy with their girlfriend or fiance and a lot of the younger guys are happy just playing the field until they know for a fact that he has found one that is not foolish nor insecure.

Maybe I've simply been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to meet the "good people" who participate in this 'game' we love to criticize.

I'm not dumb enough (yet) to realize that some bad apple  bodybuilders don't exist, but your figures suggest that I've been seeing this world with my eyes closed tight.

Can you modify those figures a bit? You have either somewhat exaggerated  or you are hanging out with some damn bad apples within a pretty bad orchard.

Thanks, Block ..... Stunt

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »

I probably know more BODYBUILDERS than you do not just guys who "workout".

The competitive bodybuilders I know I can honestly say that majority of them make their money from seedy activities (phag hagging, drugs). Some of them from cougars or insecure women. It isn't the NORM for them to have a real J-O-B. I don't count working the door at a nightclub a real J-O-B. More of a gig.

Only very few have jobs or careers.

It doesn't mean I hang with these guys or run in their wolfpak. Haha.. (The Hangover)

I frequent many gyms and know the subculture very well-at least in my area. This is just an observation on my part.

Now I know plenty of dudes who workout, like to be big, use supplements religiously and maybe run some gear from time to time who but don't compete nor ever will and have good jobs and work and live legit.

I'm strictly talking NPC competitive bodybuilders... like 1-3 shows a year with higher levels of competitive aspirations. Those guys.

- Block!
?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
Yes.

Lots of them scam money then hide out at different gyms and pretty much all of them sell gear posing as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th middle-man.

- Block!
Hey! Nobody told me there'd be math, today.   >:(

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »
Hey! Nobody told me there'd be math, today.   >:(

Summoning the spirit of Chevy Chase today are we Doc?  :D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »
HEY! Jay Cutler spends $100,000 USD a year on GROCERIES alone.... you watch your mouth convict!

lol so about $45 a meal x 6 a day

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »
OK, Block! Fair enough!

This statement alone ..... "I frequent many gyms and know the subculture very well-at least in my area. This is just an observation on my part. " ... leaves me no room for argument. And the fact that you qualify yourself as limited to a specific area and the 'bodybuilders that you know' is appreciated.

But I can sincerely attest to the fact that you most definitely DO NOT know more bodybuilders (competitive, pro, male/female, or otherwise) than I do.
In fact, no way near close.

And with some exceptions which are in no-way any of my business, the vast majority of competitive and non-competitive bodybuilders have decent jobs and lead decent lives.

And the whole bodybuilding population is far less involved in those "activities" you claim to be dominant in your initial post.

I have to admit that I do not disagree with you entirely, but I do resent it when one 'misjudges' the bodybuilding world based on what he or she sees or personally interprets from a small segment of the bodybuilding population such as those you know or  observe within the Chicago area

Good discussing this subject with ya, Block. It's always good to hear personal opinions from others who appear to be deeply involved in the bodybuilding world - adverse or otherwise. Thanks.

Yea, Doc! Tomorrow it's Quantum Mechanics and I know that shit good!~

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »
Interesting comments but I think we are getting off topic, I just wanted to know if BB as a culture promotes cheapness, Any of you had any experiences with this?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
Interesting comments but I think we are getting off topic, I just wanted to know if BB as a culture promotes cheapness, Any of you had any experiences with this?

Are you trying to suggest that a bodybuilder who must pay for lots of anabolic steroids, GH, IGF-1, and 6 meals a day with lots of protein might look for other avenues to cut back spending on?

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »

The culture doesn't promote cheapness.  It is just a fact that if you are only a state level NPC competator than you have no money. Unless you are getting "help" from other means.
Watching The Haters

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 02:57:10 PM »
i wish i had "help"

and blockheads stereotype is true, i just wish he wouldn't attack me in every post :'(
tank u jesus

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »

It doesn't promote cheapness. Well, maybe it does to an extent when the MAGAZINES try to make you believe that you need to use every supplement on the market to make gains or all will be for naught.

Years ago when I was a young little Block on the scene I was always dead broke because I couldn't keep up with the supplementation. I always felt that I NEEDED XYZ-Tech and the latest protein and whatever els.

Over time you develop contacts, good and bad. Now I never pay for supplements. I usually get them for no cost or very little. Most of my buddies have small contracts with different companies so they sell XYZ protein to me for a fraction of what it retails for. My gf has a VPX contract. You think I pay for Meltdown or Redline or Zero Impact protein? Hell to the naw!

Also over time you sort of no which supplements to bother with and which not to. I remember when I was almost out of protein I would freak out because I didn't have money to buy another jug. I would get paranoid and think I would lose all my muscle and shrink to unrecognizable levels.

Now if I can go weeks or even months without making or drinking a single shake. I don't even think about it. I'd rather buy and eat real food.

Keep in mind that guys who want to take it to that extreme level don't like to work a J-O-B. Why do that when they can flip pills and gear simply to make enough to get to the gym, get their gear and food and have money for tanning beds. Nothing els. They are content with living day to day living the dream.

Sad but very true.

- Block!
?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:36 PM »

LOL...good one. What a fucking sack of lying shit, Jay is.  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »
OK, Block! Fair enough!

This statement alone ..... "I frequent many gyms and know the subculture very well-at least in my area. This is just an observation on my part. " ... leaves me no room for argument. And the fact that you qualify yourself as limited to a specific area and the 'bodybuilders that you know' is appreciated.

But I can sincerely attest to the fact that you most definitely DO NOT know more bodybuilders (competitive, pro, male/female, or otherwise) than I do.
In fact, no way near close.

And with some exceptions which are in no-way any of my business, the vast majority of competitive and non-competitive bodybuilders have decent jobs and lead decent lives.

And the whole bodybuilding population is far less involved in those "activities" you claim to be dominant in your initial post.

I have to admit that I do not disagree with you entirely, but I do resent it when one 'misjudges' the bodybuilding world based on what he or she sees or personally interprets from a small segment of the bodybuilding population such as those you know or  observe within the Chicago area

Good discussing this subject with ya, Block. It's always good to hear personal opinions from others who appear to be deeply involved in the bodybuilding world - adverse or otherwise. Thanks.

Yea, Doc! Tomorrow it's Quantum Mechanics and I know that shit good!~

I don't care who knows more bodybuilders. To argue that would be Gayer Than admitting your attraction to Adam Lambert. (no homo)

Wether they are in Chicagoland, Seattle, the Big Apple, the Nation's capital to the Pineapple a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder. Generally speaking they are all the same. Liars, Flakes and Losers.

Now I know plenty of good competitive bodybuilders who hold down good jobs and have assets but it's a minority. Majority live like complete schmucks. In debt, ducking people they owe money to, living $20 profit to $20 profit.

- Block!

?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »
True many low lives out there but i feel they are the minority.  Yeah the people who take it too serious and have nothing else are usually the losers.  There are certain clicks of people in the sport who are bad news and someone may feel those are the guys to hang with cause they are so into the scene but most will find out real quick those are not the people someone would wanna associate with and avoid them like the plague.  surround yourself with scum and what does that make you?  LOL at the guys who have to avoid places cause they owe so many people money from scam deals they conned someone with.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
Block, you're apparently a very intelligent guy who has a genuine interest in competitive bodybuilding but I sense an antagonistic feeling on your part towards it for some unknown and probably personal reason.

Such 'antagonism' often causes one (me included) to look upon someone or something in their/its worst light.

In this case it is "something" rather than "someone", and that 'somehing" is the world of bodybuilding as you see or perceive it.

When I appreciate something a lot, I usually always see and speak about the good things it has to offer. I don't let the bad overshadow the good.

When I dislike something for any reason (and those reasons are usually personal - such as not placing as high in a contest as  I should have placed), I find myself looking at the bad side of all that bodybuilding  has to offer.

You say that many are liars. flakes, etc. but let me assure you that I have seen many more good attributes within the bodybuilding world which help paint a picture that is entirely different than the "picture" you are offering.

At the same time I am not dumb enough to disagree with some of your personal observations, but those observations definitely do not paint an accurate picture of what bodybuilders actually are or what it's all about..

Some of us can look at a glass of beer and say, "I don't like it because it's half empty, while other's show an appreciation because it's half full. And even many more of us can give a shit either way. But only those who have some personal grevience can see it for what it's NOT.

If you got this far, thanks for reading, Block.