Author Topic: El-Sonbaty vs. Yates!  (Read 5590 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: El-Sonbaty vs. Yates!
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
Flex Magazine May 2002

Let it be said that the camera can lie at physique contests. Some guys look great onstage but not so great on final film (Dorian Yates, for one) and vice versa (Shawn Ray is an example).

Bob Chick GetBig Jan 15 , 2007

The judges made their decision based on what they saw live and in person. Pictures mean nothing as they can be deceiving...

John Hotten book " Muscle "

" Chris Cormier standing next to Dorian onstage he sensed ' radiation coming off him , like an aura. ' The power of that muscle was tangible. It exerted a force all of its own.  Cormier thought ' I might as well forget about this guy and concentrate on being second. ' There was something else , too , strange. You had to witness him in the flesh. such granite hradness had a property that could nor be held on film or caught on paper. You had to see it live.

MuscleMag International Feb 1994 on Dorian Yates at the 1993 Mr Olympia

" He's huge , absolutely HUGE ...he's ripped completely RIPPED. And while he's not in possession of the prettiest physique body by a long shot , he's equipped with all the bodyparts you need to win .

Combine this with the fact that he's 10 TIMES more impressive when you see him onstage at the Olympia than he is in pictures or on videos and you got yourself a winner.

Flex magazine Jan 1992 on Dorian Yates

" Dorian has the type of physique that looks much better and more powerfull in person than photos. I personally saw him onstage , and Yates if definitely light years ahead of the way he looks in photos.

Mr Gethin GetBig Steptember 10 , 2007

Beat Ronnie fare and square on the european tour...Huh? Were you there? Did you know anyone who was there, or are you speculating via pics? I'm a contest photog and can tell you that pics dont always give a true depiction.

Bob Chick GetBig 10 - 05 - 2007

THis is why pictures will never replace actually being there, in person and close to the stage....

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Dorian Yates interview bodybuilding.com 2008
Everyone who sees my physique in person always comments on how much better I look in person than in pictures. That's because my physique is thick and developed from all angles. From the front, from the back, from the side, standing on my head: it doesn't matter. Everywhere is fully developed from every angle. And this might not show in one-dimensional photos. When you turn somebody to the side and they are twice as thick as everyone else, then that shows up.

Congrats Bobs ALL of these people are lying that Dorian looks better in person and you figured out all of their lies sitting at home on your PC despite never seeing Dorian compete  ::)

and Nasser looks better compared to what? a semi-flexed Dorian? scared of a pic of him fully flexed? ( see attached pic ) and saying Nasser beats a semi-flexed career worse Dorian isn't saying much do you find comfort in this? doesn't say much about Nasser  ;)

so why does dorian look good in the pics. of mr. olympia 93 and 95 and doesnt look good in the pics. of 97???.. was he a normal guy till 95 then after that has become a phenomenal guy who looks good in reality and like shit in pics.??? :-X

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
Don't hurt yourself lifting the pink dumbells, tiny

i prefer the rose dumbells :-X

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »
Flex Magazine May 2002

Let it be said that the camera can lie at physique contests. Some guys look great onstage but not so great on final film (Dorian Yates, for one) and vice versa (Shawn Ray is an example).

Bob Chick GetBig Jan 15 , 2007

The judges made their decision based on what they saw live and in person. Pictures mean nothing as they can be deceiving...

John Hotten book " Muscle "

" Chris Cormier standing next to Dorian onstage he sensed ' radiation coming off him , like an aura. ' The power of that muscle was tangible. It exerted a force all of its own.  Cormier thought ' I might as well forget about this guy and concentrate on being second. ' There was something else , too , strange. You had to witness him in the flesh. such granite hradness had a property that could nor be held on film or caught on paper. You had to see it live.

MuscleMag International Feb 1994 on Dorian Yates at the 1993 Mr Olympia

" He's huge , absolutely HUGE ...he's ripped completely RIPPED. And while he's not in possession of the prettiest physique body by a long shot , he's equipped with all the bodyparts you need to win .

Combine this with the fact that he's 10 TIMES more impressive when you see him onstage at the Olympia than he is in pictures or on videos and you got yourself a winner.

Flex magazine Jan 1992 on Dorian Yates

" Dorian has the type of physique that looks much better and more powerfull in person than photos. I personally saw him onstage , and Yates if definitely light years ahead of the way he looks in photos.

Mr Gethin GetBig Steptember 10 , 2007

Beat Ronnie fare and square on the european tour...Huh? Were you there? Did you know anyone who was there, or are you speculating via pics? I'm a contest photog and can tell you that pics dont always give a true depiction.

Bob Chick GetBig 10 - 05 - 2007

THis is why pictures will never replace actually being there, in person and close to the stage....

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Dorian Yates interview bodybuilding.com 2008
Everyone who sees my physique in person always comments on how much better I look in person than in pictures. That's because my physique is thick and developed from all angles. From the front, from the back, from the side, standing on my head: it doesn't matter. Everywhere is fully developed from every angle. And this might not show in one-dimensional photos. When you turn somebody to the side and they are twice as thick as everyone else, then that shows up.

Congrats Bobs ALL of these people are lying that Dorian looks better in person and you figured out all of their lies sitting at home on your PC despite never seeing Dorian compete  ::)

and Nasser looks better compared to what? a semi-flexed Dorian? scared of a pic of him fully flexed? ( see attached pic ) and saying Nasser beats a semi-flexed career worse Dorian isn't saying much do you find comfort in this? doesn't say much about Nasser  ;)

hahaha okay ND so pictures are totally irrelevent and any time one looks significantly better than another in a picture you can use the cop out that pictures dont tell the whole story.  I guess looking at this picture there's no way of knowing who actually looked better in real life since it's just a picture lol

Haru

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The Wizard of Oil.
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »
Yes, Nasser has said that Ruhl is a nice person, and on top of that in his interview he also noted that had Ruhl been with an American name instead of something foreign-sounding like "Markus Reuhl" he would have also placed higher in shows.

Like Markus Schwarzenegger?  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 03:29:33 PM »
hahaha okay ND so pictures are totally irrelevent and any time one looks significantly better than another in a picture you can use the cop out that pictures dont tell the whole story.  I guess looking at this picture there's no way of knowing who actually looked better in real life since it's just a picture lol

Who said pics were totally irrelevant? please show me where I typed that . and you posted a pic of a semi-relaxed Dorian next to a fully-flexed one of Nasser and have the balls to claim he looks better? I posted a picture of Dorian fully flexed and now the picture changes doesn't it? and you think a single pose wins a contest? sorry not how it works

And I notice you can't refute the quotes and just post some dumbass comparison that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand

like Hulkster you're scared of good pictures if Dorian and I don't blame you , and again lets give Nasser 1997 ......okay he won now what? be beat a career worse Dorian? like Jay beat Ronnie in 06? that's a consolation? Nasser couldn't touch Dorian at his worse never mind his best either way you FAIL

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 03:32:23 PM »
so why does dorian look good in the pics. of mr. olympia 93 and 95 and doesnt look good in the pics. of 97???.. was he a normal guy till 95 then after that has become a phenomenal guy who looks good in reality and like shit in pics.??? :-X

Maybe because you guys are scare to post good ones from 1997  ;)

these are all from 1997 and he looks good

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 03:35:45 PM »
More pics of Yates looking good in 97

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
when both were 23 :o
So Sheriff how did Yates get ahead of Nasser if both were 23 at the time?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »
Yates at his peak is still the benchmark, then daylight second and third, then big Ron. At his very best no one has ever come close in just complete head to toe ripped development, his injuries and waist thickness took away some of that gloss later on, but at his best forget it. Jay was ripped in places this year but he still was a long way off the hardness overall Dorian possessed at his best.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »
So Sheriff how did Yates get ahead of Nasser if both were 23 at the time?

Dorian was just training for 2 years in that pic and Nasser for 6 , Dorian flew by him and never looked back

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »
Yes, Nasser has said that Ruhl is a nice person, and on top of that in his interview he also noted that had Ruhl been with an American name instead of something foreign-sounding like "Markus Reuhl" he would have also placed higher in shows.

But, "El Sonbaty" was American sounding enough to place high?  What a bunch of shit.   ::)

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2009, 04:35:28 PM »
This is just fucking insane. The guy looks like a granite statue. And to think he couldn't even train for 3 weeks prior to this show  :o

Team Yates

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
Maybe because you guys are scare to post good ones from 1997  ;)

these are all from 1997 and he looks good

"looks good" lol yeah no biceps and weak arms overall, wide waist, etc.  The only pose he dominated in 97 is the rear lat spread.  His rear double biceps shot has peashooter arms, and the you posted all but one front shot the rest from the back lol.

But, "El Sonbaty" was American sounding enough to place high?  What a bunch of shit.   ::)

He would have placed even higher if he was American and not so outspoken against IFBB officials.

Who said pics were totally irrelevant? please show me where I typed that . and you posted a pic of a semi-relaxed Dorian next to a fully-flexed one of Nasser and have the balls to claim he looks better? I posted a picture of Dorian fully flexed and now the picture changes doesn't it? and you think a single pose wins a contest? sorry not how it works

And I notice you can't refute the quotes and just post some dumbass comparison that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand

like Hulkster you're scared of good pictures if Dorian and I don't blame you , and again lets give Nasser 1997 ......okay he won now what? be beat a career worse Dorian? like Jay beat Ronnie in 06? that's a consolation? Nasser couldn't touch Dorian at his worse never mind his best either way you FAIL

Actually I just post the only front relaxed comparison that I've seen of the two, whereas you are posting a solo front relaxed shot of Dorian and for some reason you think he looks much better in it just because he's spreading his arms out more? lol.  Looks weak in both shots, but weaker in the shot next to Nasser since Nasser is there as a frame of reference to compare him to.

Haha, when he's standing alone he's fully flexed but when onstage next to Nasser he's only "half-flexed" great logic  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
"looks good" lol yeah no biceps and weak arms overall, wide waist, etc.  The only pose he dominated in 97 is the rear lat spread.  His rear double biceps shot has peashooter arms, and the you posted all but one front shot the rest from the back lol.

He would have placed even higher if he was American and not so outspoken against IFBB officials.

Actually I just post the only front relaxed comparison that I've seen of the two, whereas you are posting a solo front relaxed shot of Dorian and for some reason you think he looks much better in it just because he's spreading his arms out more? lol.  Looks weak in both shots, but weaker in the shot next to Nasser since Nasser is there as a frame of reference to compare him to.

Haha, when he's standing alone he's fully flexed but when onstage next to Nasser he's only "half-flexed" great logic  ::)

"looks good" lol yeah no biceps and weak arms overall, wide waist, etc.  The only pose he dominated in 97 is the rear lat spread.  His rear double biceps shot has peashooter arms, and the you posted all but one front shot the rest from the back lol.

Ah the old cherry-pick don't worry I expected it and has nothing to do with posting pics that contardict your claim to the contrary .

Again you figured it out that all those people were lying , great job.

absolutely pathetic , you actually feel comfortable typing this?

Actually I just post the only front relaxed comparison that I've seen of the two, whereas you are posting a solo front relaxed shot of Dorian and for some reason you think he looks much better in it just because he's spreading his arms out more? lol.  Looks weak in both shots, but weaker in the shot next to Nasser since Nasser is there as a frame of reference to compare him to.

There is a vast difference between the picture I posted of him fully flexed and holding his gut tight than the strawman you posted where he's semi-relaxed and it's all a matter of semantics and why? because let's give that pose to Nasser along with the front double biceps and ab-thigh , he still loses the front latspread , side shots and anything from the rear , so you accomplish nothing

And let's say he flat out beat Dorian that year this again means what? he doesn't even come close to Dorian so once again you fail

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »

How do you explain his losing some of the Grand Prix shows (all of them in some years, like 97), which were each judged by a different judging panel in a different country?

I could say the same thing in reverse - he got too much hype in the magazines like FLEX and placed higher than he should have.

People say stuff to justify their views all the time. No biggie.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
How do you explain his losing some of the Grand Prix shows (all of them in some years, like 97), which were each judged by a different judging panel in a different country?

I could say the same thing in reverse - he got too much hype in the magazines like FLEX and placed higher than he should have.

You can't talk logically that confuses them.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
So Nasser, the Wizard of Male Anus licking, said he didn't want to be like Arnold........

Mission accomplished

K-os, are you saying that Nasshole should change his last name to El-Noboty, instead of El-Sonbaty?
Deep Tissue Massage

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »
You can't talk logically that confuses them.

Haha it's the same as guys like Block and Special Ed saying there was some conspiracy behind Jay winning the title this year, when it's obvious that he won simply because he was huge, with decent shape and great conditioning.

I don't see how Nasser could have placed even higher than he did, given he was runner up at the Olympia (and top 3 numerous times), won the NOC, the AC and a whole lot of pro shows. Sure 97 was close, but if Yates was missing an upper arm, Nasser was missing a lower back. There are lots of people (myself included) who had no problem with Dorian winning.

If it was racism or something silly like that, then no way would have Nasser placed below K Lo in all the Grand Prix shows in the couple of weeks following the 97 Olympia (where he was in the same shape, if not slightly better) or lost the Olympia the following year(s).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »
Haha it's the same as guys like Block and Special Ed saying there was some conspiracy behind Jay winning the title this year, when it's obvious that he won simply because he was huge, with decent shape and great conditioning.

I don't see how Nasser could have placed even higher than he did, given he was runner up at the Olympia (and top 3 numerous times), won the NOC, the AC and a whole lot of pro shows. Sure 97 was close, but if Yates was missing an upper arm, Nasser was missing a lower back. There are lots of people (myself included) who had no problem with Dorian winning.

If it was racism or something silly like that, then no way would have Nasser placed below K Lo in all the Grand Prix shows in the couple of weeks following the 97 Olympia (where he was in the same shape, if not slightly better) or lost the Olympia the following year(s).

This sport is just full of ignorant people who just base everything on how a person looks , what they think should win , was they prefer and when the ignorant masses hero's don't live up to the hype it's a conspiracy , politics , race , names , the whole rolodex of excuses

Jay was a deserving winner and outclassed everyone and if anyone says otherwise they just can't be objective .

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »

Don’t say this about flex magazine, it’s ND’s main source of credibility!!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »

The difference is that nasser’s lower back looked relatively bad comparing to the rest of him and to dorian’s lower back but dorian’s left arm looked deformed, not just small or flat.. even if nasser didn’t compete I believe shawn or levrone should have beat dorian..

The thing that really astonishes me is that no one of the judges noticed his freshly torn triceps!!.. can we say that dorian’s tears appear in pics and videos only but disappear in reality to create a new phenomenon??