Author Topic: Kevin Levrone: The Return  (Read 33784 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Kevin Levrone: The Return
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »
He should let it rest,keep a nice build which he has,and he should have never stopped then or did this 5 yrs ago at least,the only guy from the old guard still doing great and looking great and never quit is DEX.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
He should let it rest,keep a nice build which he has,and he should have never stopped then or did this 5 yrs ago at least,the only guy from the old guard still doing great and looking great and never quit is DEX.
You forgot Toney Freeman. He was still trying to get his Pro card back in the mid 90s. I remember a Flex mag pic with him and Anne-Marie Crooks.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2013, 08:31:47 AM »
You forgot Toney Freeman. He was still trying to get his Pro card back in the mid 90s. I remember a Flex mag pic with him and Anne-Marie Crooks.
U KNOW U READ MY MIND I WAS GOING TO THROW HIM IN AND CUTLER TOO 96 NATIONALS AND PRO SHOWS 98/NOW...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »
You guys do not understand what you are dealing with here. Dude is from another planet.

In 2002 I had Kevin at Australian Pro in March. He just placed 4th in a very ordinary lineup. Kevin was soft, small and out of shape. I was rapt to have him in the show and so were the fans but seriously he was nowhere near his best, even for guest posing he would have be under par.

So he goes home, has another 2 months off training, dieting and everything bodybuilding. In late May starts getting ready for the Olympia and in 4 months gets into maybe the best shape of his career. Places 2nd to Coleman and looks as big as he has ever been.

Just think about this for a minute. Who else at that level, at one of the toughest eras of bodybuilding could do this. No one that I can think of could even come close. Guys were spending the whole 12 months prepping for this and only Coleman could beat Kevin that year.

If he has a reason to compete, he will. It is not about money for Kevin, he lives very well. Trust me, he is set up better than most will ever be. For him it is about the challenge, the journey and the fans. Should he decide to commit to a show in 2014, then he will do it and he will nail it.

Mark my words, if anyone in this industry could ever pull this off, it is Levrone. He is that one in a million freak. I have seen him do it before. We would love to have him in my show and have had several discussions. With enough interest, he will do it.

I have had some great conversations with Kevin over the last 20 years and plenty of drinks and I can tell you all he just beats to his own drum, always has and always will.  

Cormier should have beaten no legs and back Kevin in 2002

Yes he is a "freak" when it comes to growing into a show but that's over 10 years ago sure everyone responds different but kev is close to 50 and realistically can he place top 5???

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
DOse lEvrone still have the alcohol problem?
all drugs - TPPIIP

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »
DOse lEvrone still have the alcohol problem?

Lol of course. Once junkie always junkie.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2013, 06:46:24 AM »

His back looks awesome when he turns around.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »
I can tell one story about an Arnold Classic in about '94 or maybe '96. I was there with to support Sonny and I was exhausted after a long trip. Melbourne - LA - Chicago - Columbus, with delays all the way. I had frozen my arse off in the days before the show. Running around getting food, tan, oil and whatever Sonny had needed or forgotten to pack.

We get to the prejudging and as always it was a great contest at the Veterans, there was always something about the Arnold Classic atmosphere, whether it was the lighting, the distance, the crowd, I'm not sure. There was just something about that show.

Kevin had been in the top call-outs in the prejudging but was a bit off and knew that he was in for a fight to try to get back in a position to actually win the show. He was a touch smooth and lacked that separation and condition that was his trademark.

At the end of the prejudging everyone headed back to the host hotel to get ready for the finals later that night. Now this was before the rise of the guru, so it was up to each competitor to make the necessary adjustments to food, water and tan themselves.

While everyone else ran around looking for clean carbs or junk loading on burgers and candy, dropping more water or try to find a sauna to dry out more, Kevin headed for the bar. I got there at the same time, thinking I would try to have a couple of quiet ones before the finals.

I sat with Kevin and we went at it, drinking shots of heavy spirits, I think Jack at first then Vodka. We knocked them back until it was time to head to the finals. We talked about all sorts of stuff, life, family, business and cars. I was half cut and starting to slur the words a bit. Kevin was OK but definitely a bit glazed and quite chirpy. He lifted up his shirt before we left and said, I think that is what we needed. He looked like a different person.

Well Levrone, walks on stage that night about 20% better than the prejudging. His skin looked like paper, separation was back, muscles popping and dry as a chip. He won the show easily and we had a laugh about it later.

So much for the gurus!

Haha! That's awesome. 8)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »

That's because he had wide & thick delts and a tight waist, his lats were a bit behind in their development. He was able to improve them over the years.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013, 10:44:46 AM »

Homo camera angle.
#

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
If Levrone gets advice from musclecenter and Galeniko over webcam he will be a top contender for the 2014 Olympia.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2013, 11:41:17 AM »
Pretty suicidal "life goal". Oh well I guess he has nothing better to do anyway.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
He is doing this BS to get attention for his company GEAR  ;D
haha yeah laughed out loud while seeing the gear logo. Haha , i dont even think it's intentional on their part.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »
You guys do not understand what you are dealing with here. Dude is from another planet.

In 2002 I had Kevin at Australian Pro in March. He just placed 4th in a very ordinary lineup. Kevin was soft, small and out of shape. I was rapt to have him in the show and so were the fans but seriously he was nowhere near his best, even for guest posing he would have be under par.

So he goes home, has another 2 months off training, dieting and everything bodybuilding. In late May starts getting ready for the Olympia and in 4 months gets into maybe the best shape of his career. Places 2nd to Coleman and looks as big as he has ever been.

Just think about this for a minute. Who else at that level, at one of the toughest eras of bodybuilding could do this. No one that I can think of could even come close. Guys were spending the whole 12 months prepping for this and only Coleman could beat Kevin that year.

If he has a reason to compete, he will. It is not about money for Kevin, he lives very well. Trust me, he is set up better than most will ever be. For him it is about the challenge, the journey and the fans. Should he decide to commit to a show in 2014, then he will do it and he will nail it.

Mark my words, if anyone in this industry could ever pull this off, it is Levrone. He is that one in a million freak. I have seen him do it before. We would love to have him in my show and have had several discussions. With enough interest, he will do it.

I have had some great conversations with Kevin over the last 20 years and plenty of drinks and I can tell you all he just beats to his own drum, always has and always will.  

oh please shut the fuck up. Same old tricks over and over again.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »

::)

They're too fucking old now to cook his meals.

These two remind me of Joe Dirt's parents.  Good people.   :D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »
Pretty suicidal "life goal". Oh well I guess he has nothing better to do anyway.

What have you done in life besides talk shit?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »
oh please shut the fuck up. Same old tricks over and over again.
true true

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »
  Why did the old white couple buy all of his food? Why did they prepare it?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »
the old man was a cuckold and kevin was a bull

connect the dots

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
Cause he loved them and couldn't do it without them?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »
 :D ;D

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
Dexter top 6 material

Levrone in top shape better than Dexter, but come on, there is no comeback.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »
Dexter top 6 material

Levrone in top shape better than Dexter, but come on, there is no comeback.

their traps are so different

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »
their traps are so different

Maybe Dex doesn't believe in heavy barbell shrugs