Author Topic: Brazilian police spreadin' sum democracy on Rio de Janeiro favelas (in picutres)  (Read 6096 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
This special op is happening for a whole one year now

WORLD SOCCER CUP AND OLYMPIC GAMES... HERE WE GO!

(btw nice cowboy hat on that dude, no homo)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V

(most likely a gettbiger)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
where you gonna go buy your drugs now playboy?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
WYHI? (the girls, not Scholari)

O

Bam-bam

• Getbig V

local druglords place

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Nice .308 FN FAL rifles.   Those bad boys do damage. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Bam-Bam, we know about the Great Wall of China II for the Olympics and World Cup, and suppression of the dwellers.  Shame on the douchebags that run Rio.  Just a couple of dollars to build up the structure of the favelas.  Obviously, it's too expensive to relocate 33% of the city to the interior North and build Rio II.  Anyway...waiting on my man, Gracie, to call you out on this thread too.  If all goes well in 2013, I should be working summer 2013 with my own group in Rocinha or Mangueira.  I won't post my 503 project logo because of my many emenies on getbig.

Nice single mom.  I'd help her out.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
If a wealthy tourist on vacation to Rio wants to visit a favela, for the experience, is it nailed on they will be mugged, killed, kidnapped etc ?
O

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!

Hahah, I love that my American-influenced term for violence, "spreadin' sum' democracy" has gone viral  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

URAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA, Bam-Bam  ;D

Bam-bam

• Getbig V

bikes are a must if you are a hitman in brazil

G_Thang

• Getbig V
If a wealthy tourist on vacation to Rio wants to visit a favella, for the experience, is it nailed on they will be mugged, killed, kidnapped etc ?

::)

ex-pats buy property and live in the favelas.  

TrueGrit

• Getbig V

ex-pats buy property and live in the favelas.  

Why the rolly eyes? It's clear I didn't know the answer because I asked the question  ???
O

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

The kid's hitting a front double bi, definitely a bodybuilding related thread.

G_Thang

• Getbig V

wtf, are they confiscating motor taxis?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
Why the rolly eyes? It's clear I didn't know the answer because I asked the question  ???

you do realize there are favela tours, right? as far as getting robbed, if you want to sport jewelry or drive a luxury car at night with the windows down, then go ahead.  but isn't that the same for NYC?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Wow, what a fucking dump.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
you do realize there are favela tours, right? as far as getting robbed, if you want to sport jewelry or drive a luxury car at night with the windows down, then go ahead.  but isn't that the same for NYC?

I've been to Rio. I was told by everybody not to go to the slums but I still wanted to ..my gf wouldn't at the time. She was scared the whole time we were there. Back then you were told not to leave hands out of the window of buses or they'd cut your fingers off to get the rings.

Those tours you refer to are bullshit...they don't take you anywhere real, just along predestined safe routes. If you think they take you into the lawless heartland then I need to break out the rolly eyes  ;)
O

G_Thang

• Getbig V
I've been to Rio. I was told by everybody not to go to the slums but I still wanted to ..my gf wouldn't at the time. She was scared the whole time we were there. Back then you were told not to leave hands out of the window of buses or they'd cut your fingers off to get the rings.

Those tours you refer to are bullshit...they don't take you anywhere real, just along predestined safe routes. If you think they take you into the lawless heartland then I need to break out the rolly eyes  ;)

you just said you were rich, so that's the safest route.  i worked in mangueira, npo.  if you want to get robbed, take a walk around santa teresa in the evening and get lost. 

Bam-bam

• Getbig V

G_Thang

• Getbig V
Back then you were told not to leave hands out of the window of buses or they'd cut your fingers off to get the rings.

Really?  Most thieves coming out of favelas aren't that aggressive, and aren't trying to hurt someone on purpose like douchebag criminals in the states.  keep the stories coming for the kids on getbig.  like i said, if you want to get robbed, take a walk on copa beach about 5am and say you are from Portugal.  

TrueGrit

• Getbig V

you just said you were rich, so that's the safest route.  i worked in mangueira, npo.  if you want to get robbed, take a walk around santa teresa in the evening and get lost. 

Great, glad you're a Favela and slum expert. Let me rephrase my question and maybe you can answer it as I am not talking about pathetic, bus tours looking out of a window like a dumb tourist.

What is the likelihood of somebody well off - rich by Brasilian standards - arriving unannounced in a Favela and walking around, immersing himself in the life. How likely would it be you'd get fucked with on some level - assuming you aren't wearing D&G shades and wearing a Rolex?
O

G_Thang

• Getbig V
Great, glad you're a Favela and slum expert. Let me rephrase my question and maybe you can answer it as I am not talking about pathetic, bus tours looking out of a window like a dumb tourist.

What is the likelihood of somebody well off - rich by Brasilian standards - arriving unannounced in a Favela and walking around, immersing himself in the life. How likely would it be you'd get fucked with on some level - assuming you aren't wearing D&G shades and wearing a Rolex?

you said you were rich, so take the rich man's tour, or shut the fuck up and get some freedom fries and coconut rice in leblon, a great way to carb up, just keeping it bbing related. favela expert  ::).   

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
Really?  Most thieves coming out of favelas aren't that aggressive, and aren't trying to hurt someone on purpose like douchebag criminals in the states.  keep the stories coming for the kids on getbig.  like i said, if you want to get robbed, take a walk on copa beach about 5am and say you are from Portugal.  

I'm not just talking about Favelas; I'm talking about the general lawlessness. As you allude to , tourists get robbed all over Brasil. On the beach, on the buses. When I visited it was police advising people not to leave hands outside the windows. I thought it was probably over the top myself.

It's not a story for "the kids on getbig"..it's real life. I'm not actually disagreeing with most of the rather fact devoid stuff you're saying...I guess you can't see it though.
O

TrueGrit

• Getbig V

you said you were rich, so take the rich man's tour, or shut the fuck up and get some freedom fries and coconut rice in leblon, a great way to carb up, just keeping it bbing related. favela expert  ::).   

HAHA you're the one being the Favela expert, not me. I've never been to one, as was evident by my question.

You don't know shit and can't give me an answer.  ;D
O