Author Topic: British SAS are the best in the world  (Read 6024 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
British SAS are the best in the world
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:39:59 AM »
Nobody can match them, even the Americans

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: British SAS are the best in the world
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »
DEVGRU was based around them, so they'd be the closest competition.

Thing is, all Special Ops teams have their own specialty... theyre not really comparable.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:45:34 AM »
Do they lift?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
 I only met and knew 2 Guys who passed selection. One lived here in Celle was an ex Royal Anglian and we trained together, the other was a Sgt in my Regt.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:50:39 AM »
Do they lift?
The Guy i trained with did but later re-joined the Army and did SAS selection. was a very,very fit Bastard and strong. Not Big but strong.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »
Polish GROM forces are bad ass as are the Canadian Snipers, USN SEALs, Green Berets, etc.

All have specialities

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
Polish GROM forces are bad ass as are the Canadian Snipers, USN SEALs, Green Berets, etc.

All have specialities
all are good. we also had 264 Signal Squadron who did a course on par with the Paras and wore the SAS Beret but Royal signals Cap badge. Met a few of them. Very laid back guys. Kept themselves to themselves.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
DEVGRU was based around them, so they'd be the closest competition.

Thing is, all Special Ops teams have their own specialty... theyre not really comparable.
ALL spec ops groups were based on the SAS....not just devgru..

bench

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »
Israeli specials are supposed to be pretty damn bad ass too

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 11:44:11 AM »
Israeli specials are supposed to be pretty damn bad ass too
they really arent special forces anymore...more of a government attachment..kinda like the CIA SAD team, and DEA FAST team..

but israeli should have an exceptional spec ops group..they used enough of our money building it

bench

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
ALL spec ops groups were based on the SAS....not just devgru..

bench
Eh... to a point... but DEVGRU is the only one specifically modeled around the SAS. The rest kind of evolved out of their own specific mission set.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
Eh... to a point... but DEVGRU is the only one specifically modeled around the SAS. The rest kind of evolved out of their own specific mission set.
basically all our tier 1 groups are a specific model...DEVGRU, DELTA, whatever group the air force is calling their tier 1 anymore..

really DEVGRU isnt that much higher than a regular SEAL...they get much better jump training and a pretty much unlimited budget...which means all the LBT gear, and Arc'teryx gear they can fit on their bodies and in a kit lol

bench

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 12:06:15 PM »
The SAS showed these Iranians a thing or two back in 1980 during the London embassy siege. I remember watching this unfold live on TV and thinking they had blown themselves up but they were just blasting thru the wall so they could shoot dead the Iranian terrorists while saving all captives.

This was the incident which made everyone in the UK aware of the SAS which had pretty much been a secret outwith the military.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 12:13:16 PM »
Aren't the SBS as good as or better than SAS?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
You've got men in the United States who have been out there religiously shooting firearms since they were 5 years old with their Dads, Uncles, Older Brothers etc.

Put enough of those types together and I think they're gonna be able to handle themselves with just about anybody.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 01:39:10 PM »
Send them to Iraq to clean up shit.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
You've got men in the United States who have been out there religiously shooting firearms since they were 5 years old with their Dads, Uncles, Older Brothers etc.

Put enough of those types together and I think they're gonna be able to handle themselves with just about anybody.

Being good with a gun is like 1% of what operators do. I am as good with a gun, any gun, as anybody I know. I can Mozambique 3 guys in under 5 seconds. But I am not even close to being prepared for a real op. It's fitness, training and mental toughness.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »
Being good with a gun is like 1% of what operators do. I am as good with a gun, any gun, as anybody I know. I can Mozambique 3 guys in under 5 seconds. But I am not even close to being prepared for a real op. It's fitness, training and mental toughness.
And the willingness to go to any lengths to achieve success... even if it means death.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
And the willingness to go to any lengths to achieve success... even if it means death.

ESFitness would be perfect!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
How is technology effecting these groups of people? Has it gotten to the point where these guys have to be smart as fuck now?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »
i knew two people. one guy left, got fat, became a private investigator. the other guy did his back in on a jump and left.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »
How is technology effecting these groups of people? Has it gotten to the point where these guys have to be smart as fuck now?
I know a lot of them have to be extgremely intelligent... some SEALs have to be able to qualified nuclear capable to some degree.

There tech gear is cool, and they have all state of the art stuff, but they still have to rely on a lot of old fashioned shit in case their flashy gear fails them. (Which happens more than people like to admit, from what I've been told)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
The SAS showed these Iranians a thing or two back in 1980 during the London embassy siege. I remember watching this unfold live on TV and thinking they had blown themselves up but they were just blasting thru the wall so they could shoot dead the Iranian terrorists while saving all captives.

This was the incident which made everyone in the UK aware of the SAS which had pretty much been a secret outwith the military.

Funniest thing about that is thousands of people complained to BBC that a live siege on terrorists, we're talking explosives, jumping through windows on ropes and saving hostages, was shown instead of snooker   ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
These threads are funny as hell.  If you want to train an indigenous force to conduct unconventional warfare then our Green Berets are tough to beat as trainers and advisors. If you want somebody shot in the face either Delta or the SAS are the way to go...if want a bunch of Oakley wearing cowboys with high cardio and good hair..send the SEALs. You'll also get to read about it everywhere. 
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
These threads are funny as hell.  If you want to train an indigenous force to conduct unconventional warfare then our Green Berets are tough to beat as trainers and advisors. If you want somebody shot in the face either Delta or the SAS are the way to go...if want a bunch of Oakley wearing cowboys with high cardio and good hair..send the SEALs. You'll also get to read about it everywhere. 
Haha..

How is MARSOC fitting in these days? Last I heard they were kind of struggling to find their niche...