Author Topic: Boston Bombing - Explosion at the Boston Marathon Finish Line  (Read 383084 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Explosion at the Boston Marathon Finish Line
« Reply #475 on: April 16, 2013, 06:02:19 AM »
it depends of how the threat is interpreted

how many hoax threats do they get

its down to risk assesment on a case by case basis

Can you give an example? In my 30 yrs in law enforcement I'm coming up zero on a time when we pretended to be conducting a drill when in fact there was a real threat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »
Because they are self-centered little fame chasers.  The product of the deification of celebrity. Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Iphone Culture.

Fixed.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2013, 06:04:19 AM »
The man on the roof is likely a resident. Close up pictures show a couple chairs up there like on a balconey. Likely was sitting down, heard the explosions and got up to change position to see if he could see anything.

I have no doubt they have the guys who did it on camera by now, there must have been multiple cctv cameras covering that position and they probably had 100 staff looking at every second of it last night.Just about putting names to him/her/them now

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2013, 06:05:09 AM »
Fixed.

If celebrity is the godhead then YouTube and Facebook are the places of worship.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2013, 06:07:13 AM »
If celebrity is the godhead then YouTube and Facebook are the places of worship.
I think this pretty much covers it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2013, 06:17:45 AM »
Its everything.  I`ve posted about the kid, who was a friend of mine, that tried to burn down our high school and who also wanted to murder as many people as he could with bombs in the chemistry lab before- he came from a wealthy family who owned a construction company.  His parents were very close to him, he went to church all the time.  Nothing broken about his home or upbringing (raising someone with church/religion is fucked up in my opinion though) at all and yet here he was, trying to create the most mayhem possible to people he even knew.  He used to get off on hurting people he was friends with even.  One time he decided to slash the tires and destroy the car of the kid who used to give him a ride to school everyday just so he could see his reaction and be right there with him to see it all play out first hand.
His parents probably gave the illusion that they were close to him...they were just blind to his issues...
I knew of kids like that in HS as well---came from seemingly stable background, but it was all an illusion.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:59 AM »
time between explosion seems like cellphones were used to detonate

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2013, 06:23:14 AM »
His parents probably gave the illusion that they were close to him...they were just blind to his issues...
I knew of kids like that in HS as well---came from seemingly stable background, but it was all an illusion.
Oh no, they were close allright.  They got him the best lawyer money could buy and he only served 3-4 years for attempted murder-he really wanted to kill as many people as possible, burning the school down, about 70 breaking and enterings, making terroristic threats-bomb threats, stolen property, car theft and on and on.  He would do all of his crimes at night and then go to school the next day.  He had determination, thats for sure.

Here is what he does now.

Director of Construction at Vesta Management Services, LLC
Managing Partner - Texas Region at THS National
Senior Account Manager - South East Region at SiteTec Construction Inc
Estimator & Project Manager at R.K. Stewart & Son, Inc

Construction executive that started from the ground and diligently worked through the ranks, gaining valuable knowledge and experience in every aspect of business, not just construction. By experiencing first hand the different segments within the construction industry and successfully developing new business in multiple markets throughout the country, I have learned how to form lasting relationships, not just provide a service. Construction knowledge, sales techniques, business plans and the ability to effectively communicate have brought many success's, both professionally and personally.

Moving into the skilled trades solutions sector, I brought the knowledge and experience I gained during my years as a general contractor. This allows me to effectively know the opportunities that arise during the course of a project and can proactively locate areas where productivity can be increased.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2013, 06:23:58 AM »
I heard that Boston was able to shutdown all cell towers to ensure no more bombs went off.  Then yesterday Cali issues a state wide test and for a few minutes disabled all cell, wireless and TV communication to make sure they can do it.  People laugh at the 2nd amendment people like I do but they have a point.  If the government can disable all communication at will that leaves people completely fucked.  People should have the right to guns to protect themselves.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2013, 06:24:28 AM »
 ;)

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Re: Boston bombs epic terror fail
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2013, 06:24:33 AM »
Stupid comment.  The fatalities may be low, but the sheer number of injuries and the seriousness of them has a tremendous impact.  Make no mistake, this was a brutal and devastating attack.  Now I hope they string the Muslims responsible for this up and allow the public to stone them to death.  yeah I said it, MUSLIMS and while the public enjoys some sweet revenge the Government can drop a nuclear Bomb on every Middle Eastern Islamic Camel Fucking Country and then we can simply outlaw ISLAM,  That should send a strong message to these camel fuckers.

This was a right-wing American, probably a local...

NN

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »
Who ever is responsible for the bombs in Boston what a bunch of fucking looses they manage to detonate 2 bombs in a crowded are and kill 3 people.
When it comes to wfficuent killing these people have a lot to learn fucking amateurs

May not be true, the images of all those with lost limbs wont easily be forgotten.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2013, 06:27:35 AM »
The Crazy is still in his eye. haha

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:17 AM »
Maybe it was an elaborate advertising campaign by Nike...I saw a guy right near where the bomb went off and his new nike shoes were completely untouched

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2013, 06:30:42 AM »
Stupid comment.  The fatalities may be low, but the sheer number of injuries and the seriousness of them has a tremendous impact.  Make no mistake, this was a brutal and devastating attack.  Now I hope they string the Muslims responsible for this up and allow the public to stone them to death.  yeah I said it, MUSLIMS and while the public enjoys some sweet revenge the Government can drop a nuclear Bomb on every Middle Eastern Islamic Camel Fucking Country and then we can simply outlaw ISLAM,  That should send a strong message to these camel fuckers.

lol.  Muslims are smarter and more efficient with their bombs, this was some amateur whitey.  they will need to bomb the US and kill all whites by your logic.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2013, 06:41:57 AM »
lol.  Muslims are smarter and more efficient with their bombs, this was some amateur whitey.  they will need to bomb the US and kill all whites by your logic.
Muslims aren't smarter or more efficient with their bombs,  They use crude bombs all the time
V

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »
Never let a crisis go to waste....oh I'm sure the next piece of legislation will be a doozie.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2013, 06:53:45 AM »
Never let a crisis go to waste....oh I'm sure the next piece of legislation will be a doozie.
Republican Congressman Peter King just said on television that he wants cameras on every street corner in public like the UK.  He thinks anyone in a Public place should be watched and then he went on and on about how good the cameras are at tracking people, licence plates, even able to isolate colors and zoom.

Republicans really care about your liberty and privacy.  ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2013, 06:55:07 AM »

If marathon runners carried guns this wouldn't have happened.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2013, 06:55:38 AM »
A 78-Year-Old Marathoner Who Was Knocked Down By The Explosions Got Up And Finished The Race

Tony Manfred|Apr. 16, 2013, 8:49 AM|2,872|3

Boston.com screenshot

Many of the videos circulating of yesterday's explosions at the Boston Marathon show a lone runner falling to the ground immediately after the first blast.

The runner was Bill Iffrig, a 78-year-old from Washington state who has run the Boston Marathon three times.

Iffrig spoke with Steve Levy of ESPN last night. He said that he was about 15 feet from the finish line when the shockwave of the first blast turned his legs to "noodles." He was dazed, but never went on unconscious. When he regained his alertness he decided to finish the race with the help of a race assistant

"The shockwaves must of hit my body and my legs started going to noodles and I knew I was going down. So I laid on the blacktop. I wasn't unconscious at any time. I woke up, became alert, a little later and looked everything over and it looked okay.

"So I made an attempt to get up and as I did that one of the assistants on the finish line saw what I was doing and came over and gave me a hand. And so he walked me on over to the finish line so I could finish. And then he said he'd take me over and give me a wheelchair ride out of here but at that time I said, 'I don't think I need it, the hotel's about six blocks away so I can get up there."

He said this year's race was going much better than last year's until the final few feet:

"Well I came last year and the weather was so bad, it was so hot, that I had a really bad day. But this year I had a good day. I had a good. But this incident did kind of spoil it."

Here's video of the ESPN interview:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/runner-iffrig-finishes-boston-marathon-explosions-2013-4#ixzz2QdOf6ABm

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »
Republican Congressman Peter King just said on television that he wants cameras on every street corner in public like the UK.  He thinks anyone in a Public place should be watched and then he went on and on about how good the cameras are at tracking people, licence plates, even able to isolate colors and zoom.

::) the bodies aren't cold yet.....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2013, 06:56:44 AM »
Glad this selfish man who decided to think of himself only is getting so much news coverage  ::)

A 78-Year-Old Marathoner Who Was Knocked Down By The Explosions Got Up And Finished The Race

Boston.com screenshot

Many of the videos circulating of yesterday's explosions at the Boston Marathon show a lone runner falling to the ground immediately after the first blast.

The runner was Bill Iffrig, a 78-year-old from Washington state who has run the Boston Marathon three times.

Iffrig spoke with Steve Levy of ESPN last night. He said that he was about 15 feet from the finish line when the shockwave of the first blast turned his legs to "noodles." He was dazed, but never went on unconscious. When he regained his alertness he decided to finish the race with the help of a race assistant

"The shockwaves must of hit my body and my legs started going to noodles and I knew I was going down. So I laid on the blacktop. I wasn't unconscious at any time. I woke up, became alert, a little later and looked everything over and it looked okay.

"So I made an attempt to get up and as I did that one of the assistants on the finish line saw what I was doing and came over and gave me a hand. And so he walked me on over to the finish line so I could finish. And then he said he'd take me over and give me a wheelchair ride out of here but at that time I said, 'I don't think I need it, the hotel's about six blocks away so I can get up there."

He said this year's race was going much better than last year's until the final few feet:

"Well I came last year and the weather was so bad, it was so hot, that I had a really bad day. But this year I had a good day. I had a good. But this incident did kind of spoil it."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/runner-iffrig-finishes-boston-marathon-explosions-2013-4#ixzz2QdOf6ABm

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2013, 06:58:16 AM »

Boston.com screenshot

That was that old ripped man who fell down that you can see on all the videos.  No real story really at all.  Why do they even bother with this?  haha

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: April 16, 2013, 06:59:53 AM »
I bet Getbig will say:

"There is no way a 78 year old man can be that ripped and lean, must be PED"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #499 on: April 16, 2013, 07:01:26 AM »

Big fucking deal, what are you so worried about if they have public cameras, are you worried your regular public masturbation and raping of young boys will be exposed.  Personally, I couldn't give a fuck if someone is filming me when I'm out in public, I'm not planning on committing any crimes, and if shit goes down, the cameras provide evidence.  You want privacy, jerk off in your bedroom.
V