Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates  (Read 18151 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »
Well...to be fair, none of us at TEAM COLEMAN have been praising Ronnie for his intelligence.  ;D

Team Nasser will see you sleeping with the enemy

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2008, 05:28:24 PM »
Ronnie was simply being polite. He would have beat Dorian and rather easily.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »

it probably would have continued to be bad had dorian not retired.

THEN EXPLAIN 2001.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »

THEN EXPLAIN 2001.

Hulkster = owned

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »
Ronnie was simply being polite. He would have beat Dorian and rather easily.

then what the fuck was he doing when he told jay LIVE on ppv to be reborn with better genetics????????

stop telling us what people are really saying when they say something totally opposite.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »

then what the fuck was he doing when he told jay LIVE on ppv to be reborn with better genetics????????

stop telling us what people are really saying when they say something totally opposite.

Exactly if Ronnie said he would beat Dorian ONLY then would be be right and honest , what else can then say? they invested all this time and effort for nothing lol

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »
Why is this thread still going?

ND was declared the winner of the "feud" by none other than Ronnie Coleman himself.

Game over!

::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »
Why is this thread still going?

ND was declared the winner of the "feud" by none other than Ronnie Coleman himself.

Game over!

You have to let these guys down easily

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
yates winning after 97' is almost as funny as what Boyer said the other day:

"Once he told me that at his best, like in his prime time he could beat physique wise guys like Wheeler and Yates easily. They, he said had only better drugs than he had at his time."

Get your f*ucking head out of yates a$$ and get back to reality. Here is a hint for you morons. Why do you think yates retired? Because he had too many damn injuries/surgeries. LOL, he barely won half of his Olympias due to injuries. All this time you people didn't even think about yates winning after 97' (hell, he shouldn't even have won in 97 anyway) and now just because you morons find a quote, you actually think he would would of kept on winning? LOL. I guess because I found Boyer's quote (the one above), you think he would of easily beat guys like Flex and yates? Hell No. Get back to real life.

exellent post.

the nuthuggers don't seem to understand that ANY quote is bullshit if real life contradicts it.

notice: they haven't posted visuals of dorian to put up against Ronnie 99 in ages.

all they do is post a few quotes.

there is a REASON for that:

dorian gets killed.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
exellent post.

the nuthuggers don't seem to understand that ANY quote is bullshit if real life contradicts it.

notice: they haven't posted visuals of dorian to put up against Ronnie 99 in ages.

all they do is post a few quotes.

there is a REASON for that:

dorian gets killed.

lmfao all they do is post quotes , the quotes SILENCE anything you ever typed or posted , Ronnie moments before the 99 Olympia stated he couldn't beat Yates LMFAO what now? yeah I thought so

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

You think so? Ronnie I know so. lol 99 Olympia so much for everything you ever typed .  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »
ND stop avoiding my question:

do you AGREE that dorian would have kept winning after 97?

and if so,

why? politics or would he actually have been deserving?

because I find it really really funny that you would be stupid enough to agree with Ronnie that dorian's late career form would even come CLOSE: to top 3 in 99:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »
lmfao all they do is post quotes

go into your post bank and look at your last 600 or so posts retard..

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »

and if so,

because I find it really really funny that you would be stupid enough to agree with Ronnie that dorian's late career form would even come CLOSE: to top 3 in 99:

It doesn't matter what I think , all that matters is what Ronnie thinks lol Ronnie just before the 1999 Mr Olympia

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

Ronnie 1999 doesn't think Dorian would have beat him HE KNOWS HE WOULD lol everything you ever typed was WRONG how does it feel being corrected by your hero? at a contest you said he was untouchable lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »
dorian winning after 97 is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

figures the uneducated nuthuggers lack the brains to realize how dumb this is - and pick and choose which quotes to accept as 'fact' - without even bothering to see if they are true or not with a quick check to real life..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2008, 07:20:04 PM »
It doesn't matter what I think , all that matters is what Ronnie thinks lol Ronnie just before the 1999 Mr Olympia

Ronnie 1999 doesn't think Dorian would have beat him HE KNOWS HE WOULD lol everything you ever typed was WRONG how does it feel being corrected by your hero? at a contest you said he was untouchable lol

like I said, all you ever do is post quotes.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »
dorian winning after 97 is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

figures the uneducated nuthuggers lack the brains to realize how dumb this is - and pick and choose which quotes to accept as 'fact' - without even bothering to see if they are true or not with a quick check to real life..

You're proven wrong by YOUR hero lol don't call him a guy lol  Ronnie 99 Olympia admits he could NEVER beat Yates lol you're fucked kid and he confirms this the other night , he's very consistent in his admission of Yates superiority

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2008, 07:24:16 PM »
like I said, all you ever do is post quotes.. ::)

quotes that crushed everything you ever typed , proved you're an idiot , you own HERO proved you wrong .

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »

and if so,

thanks for comparing ronnie's best vs. dorian's not so great.

either way, the yates of 97 would beat ronnie from 2000, 2001, and 2005.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2008, 08:11:13 PM »
Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates

I guess Ronnie is dumber than I thought.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
I am really enjoying watching all the Coleman nut-huggers meltdown one by one  :)

Actually, it's not a meltdown. If you had an answer, you would be able to answer it intelligently, but as we all can see, you can't.

Hey look, I found quotes stating that Ronnie has the better physique and would beat yates in his prime:

Bodybuilders stating that Ronnie would beat Yates:

1) Dorian Yates  - Radio Interview:

Don Soloman: “Dorian Yates on his best day vs. Ronnie Coleman on his best day, Who wins?

"Dorian Yates – Ronnie would probably beat me. The judges would probably choose Ronnie over me."

2) Flex stating that Ronnie at his best is better than yates at his best. Flex has competed against both guys in their prime:

On Getbig boards: "Flex, who do you think had the better physique at their respective peaks - Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman ?

"Flex Wheeler: Hands down... RC"

3) Mike Mattarazo stating that Ronnie would beat yates. Mike has competed against both guys in their prime:

"FLEX JAN 1999: MIKE MATARAZZO on RONNIE COLEMAN at the 98 Olympia: “I think this creature from another planet, RONNIE COLEMAN, is going to be number one for a while. I think that, in the shape he was in, he would have beaten DORIAN YATES.

INTERVIEW by J.M. Manion
FLEX WHEELER

"JM: Do you feel any regret that you never got the chance to take on Dorian one more time?"

FW:No. He's always going to be netted as one of the champions as undefeated. You always want to take it from the champion. No, that doesn't bother me because I think both Ronnie and I are above what he has displayed at the previous Mr. Olympia's so I think it would have been happening anyway. Especially like this year, with Ronnie and I coming out and were both battling.

JM: Cormier and I were talking about how two years ago Dorian's physique was light years ahead of everyone but now everyone has caught up to him.

FW:That's exactly what happens. In 1993, when I went out there it was like, gee man, he just wiped us out. Then unfortunately injuries started to hindering him and people started to catch up."

Now, we have here several quotes from different people especially your favourite bodybuilder Flex Wheeler, stating the opposite of yours. Does all of the quotes prove anything? In certain circumstances they can help an argument (ex: Truce Thread) along with pics & video to compare, but in your case it doesn't help you one bit since you don't have any pics or videos to compare or back up your quote because yates never competed after 97'. Now you can take your wishfull thinking and go back to LA LA LAND.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
ouch, ND is getting torn a new asshole. :-\

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »

thanks for comparing ronnie's best vs. dorian's not so great.

either way, the yates of 97 would beat ronnie from 2000, 2001, and 2005.

Thanks for being honest. In other words, you're disagreeing with ND and you're saying that yates 97 would have lost to Ronnie in his prime (98', 99' and 03') which is being dicussed. Your statement goes against 97' yates beating Ronnie in 98', 99' and 03'. Thanks for helping the Ronnie side with that statement.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2008, 10:34:46 PM »
Thanks for being honest. In other words, you're disagreeing with ND and you're saying that yates 97 would have lost to Ronnie in his prime (98', 99' and 03') which is being dicussed. Your statement goes against 97' yates beating Ronnie in 98', 99' and 03'. Thanks for helping the Ronnie side with that statement.

maybe.

i feel that that yates of 97 is very underrated.

i have the video and it is so easily apparent why and how he won (by straight firsts) from the first comparison in the first round of prejuding.

pictures really dont do shit compared to the video.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2008, 11:59:26 PM »
the headline could also read:
Ronnie Coleman admits he never beat Dorian Yates

they competed together lots of times.  dorian always beat him

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2008, 03:05:40 AM »
Actually, it's not a meltdown. If you had an answer, you would be able to answer it intelligently, but as we all can see, you can't.

Hey look, I found quotes stating that Ronnie has the better physique and would beat yates in his prime:

1) Dorian Yates  - Radio Interview:

Don Soloman: “Dorian Yates on his best day vs. Ronnie Coleman on his best day, Who wins?

"Dorian Yates – Ronnie would probably beat me. The judges would probably choose Ronnie over me."

2) Flex stating that Ronnie at his best is better than yates at his best. Flex has competed against both guys in their prime:

On Getbig boards: "Flex, who do you think had the better physique at their respective peaks - Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman ?

"Flex Wheeler: Hands down... RC"

3) Mike Mattarazo stating that Ronnie would beat yates. Mike has competed against both guys in their prime:

"FLEX JAN 1999: MIKE MATARAZZO on RONNIE COLEMAN at the 98 Olympia: “I think this creature from another planet, RONNIE COLEMAN, is going to be number one for a while. I think that, in the shape he was in, he would have beaten DORIAN YATES.

INTERVIEW by J.M. Manion
FLEX WHEELER

"JM: Do you feel any regret that you never got the chance to take on Dorian one more time?"

FW:No. He's always going to be netted as one of the champions as undefeated. You always want to take it from the champion. No, that doesn't bother me because I think both Ronnie and I are above what he has displayed at the previous Mr. Olympia's so I think it would have been happening anyway. Especially like this year, with Ronnie and I coming out and were both battling.

JM: Cormier and I were talking about how two years ago Dorian's physique was light years ahead of everyone but now everyone has caught up to him.

FW:That's exactly what happens. In 1993, when I went out there it was like, gee man, he just wiped us out. Then unfortunately injuries started to hindering him and people started to catch up."

Now, we have here several quotes from different people especially your favourite bodybuilder Flex Wheeler, stating the opposite of yours. Does all of the quotes prove anything? In certain circumstances they can help an argument (ex: Truce Thread) along with pics & video to compare, but in your case it doesn't help you one bit since you don't have any pics or videos to compare or back up your quote because yates never competed after 97'. Now you can take your wishfull thinking and go back to LA LA LAND.

1) Dorian Yates  - Radio Interview:

Ah nice job posting ONLY part of the quote

" Thats very hard for me to answer , I'd probably , Ronnie would probably beat me I guess , I don't know

nice try thats not as definitive as this

there is NO " I guess I don't know "  , Ronnie states matter-of-factly Dorian would keep winning , Ronnie even says he doesn't think so , he knows so !! big difference kid

I will post quotes from Priest & McGough ect that back up my claim however they all pale in comparison to Ronnie Coleman  ;) thats all that matters and not only did Ronnie state this before the 1999 Mr Olympia he also said it the other last Monday night lol again YOUR HERO crushed your opinions outright and Flex Wheeler lmfao his opinion leaves a lot to be desired , he's the same genius who had Ronnie winning the whole pre-judging of this past Olympia

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Yates when asked the question

4. A lot of people say that you are the only pro bodybuilder that could go head to head with Ronnie Coleman.  Like him, you were the only other to be able to gain so much mass in one year. What are your thoughts on this?

A. I get asked that question all the time, and I can’t really give an answer.  I have actually beaten Ronnie, but then he wasn’t at the stage he is now.  He is probably carrying more muscle than I did, but I feel I had better conditioning than him.  It would be close but that’s down to the judge’s decision as always.  All the things that we have in common – Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman and myself – is that we are all stable mentally, training hard, not messing around partying.  You have to keep the focus and it’s usually the mind that is the deciding factor, over physical capabilities.

Peter McGough

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Lee Priest

HOW DO YOU FEEL DORIAN WOULD FAIR AGAINST RONNIE COLEMAN NOW?

I think Dorian at his best (1993) would easily beat Ronnie. Dorian might not be as symmetrical as Ronnie, but all over he was more complete and in better condition at his best.

Flex Magazine Jan 1999

Ernie Taylor

" When I saw Ronnie Coleman backstage before the prejudging , it was looking at ' three-D ' again. He looked fantastic. But I think if Dorian ( Yates ) were competing he would have won the show . "

All that matters is Ronnie Coleman not once but twice on gone on record and said he couldn't beat Yates this renders anything you have to say moot ! in chess its called check mate.