Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman 2003 Prejudging Video  (Read 14194 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Ronnie Coleman 2003 Prejudging Video
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:55:02 AM »

:o :o :o

AVBG

Re: Ronnie Coleman 2003 Prejudging Video
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »
All time greatest @ all time best and biggest.. Never to be repeated.
Av (& gh15) approved

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:50:27 AM »

Don't you know anything, clearly at his all-time best this 257lb man with inferior glute and ham conditioning would trounce Coleman with his "technically equally good arms", "as good or better quads", etc.

Now I'm not dissing Dorian, he has the graininess in his favour, and obviously conditioning is VERY important, but Ronnie is seriously ripped too, striated glutes/hams, vascular as hell etc. So come on chaps, Dorian would be a very good 2nd to that behemouth beside him if the two ever stood side-by-side!

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:10:08 AM »

Big and soft

Dorian was light years ahead in conditioning

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 04:22:18 AM »
Ronnie was Unbelievably Massive and then some @ the 2003 Olympia, however his best MR Olympia Shape IMO would be his Smaller (245-250lbs) but incredible Physique he brought for his first win in 1998 (just take a look @ his back shots @ that show :o :o :o), on that night he had it all... size,shape,conditioning,vascularity etc etc...That package IMO would be the most dangerous to a Prime Yates because of his outstanding TOTAL CONDITIONING and shape not his Awesome size and cuts he brought to the table in 2003

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 04:49:15 AM »

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 09:58:07 AM »
A 2003 Ronnie definitely would outsize Dorian.  However, I think Dorian in 1995 would be competitive given his better thickness than 1993 and equal conditioning.  It would be close...

I mean watch this Google vid.  Dorian is so much bigger, better conditioned, and complete that it isn't even close.  2003 wasn't close either....Ronnie destroyed everyone.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067#

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 10:27:17 AM »
hge torso..
but arms??? :'(
choice is an illusion

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
no way could a one armed dorian ever beat a decent shape ronnie

95 was post tear, and his arm looked awful.

you can't have that kind of injury and except to beat ronnie as he appeared in 2003. no way.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »
why does no one mention that dorians upper pecs were bad compared to his lower, even in the front double bi you can see it.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
 :)
choice is an illusion

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
Ronnie was Unbelievably Massive and then some @ the 2003 Olympia, however his best MR Olympia Shape IMO would be his Smaller (245-250lbs) but incredible Physique he brought for his first win in 1998 (just take a look @ his back shots @ that show :o :o :o), on that night he had it all... size,shape,conditioning,vascularity etc etc...That package IMO would be the most dangerous to a Prime Yates because of his outstanding TOTAL CONDITIONING and shape not his Awesome size and cuts he brought to the table in 2003

I could be wrong but I think this pic was from the 2001 Mr O. This is the best Ronnie I've seen, even better than Dorian at his best. Too bad he became heavier the years after.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 11:06:38 AM »
I could be wrong but I think this pic was from the 2001 Mr O. This is the best Ronnie I've seen, even better than Dorian at his best. Too bad he became heavier the years after.

nah, he was big and soft at the 01 Olympia
He almost lost to Jay Cutler remember

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »

nah, he was big and soft at the 01 Olympia
He almost lost to Jay Cutler remember

In that case, my bad :)
Sad to notice that he started at his very best during his 1th victory  :-\

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »
Don't you know anything, clearly at his all-time best this 257lb man with inferior glute and ham conditioning would trounce Coleman with his "technically equally good arms", "as good or better quads", etc.

Now I'm not dissing Dorian, he has the graininess in his favour, and obviously conditioning is VERY important, but Ronnie is seriously ripped too, striated glutes/hams, vascular as hell etc. So come on chaps, Dorian would be a very good 2nd to that behemouth beside him if the two ever stood side-by-side!

I gota be honest with you...Ronnie 2003 is awesome from a muscular development perpective, but from the point of view of bodybuilding he looks atrcious compared to 93' Dorian. Not only is he softer and showing less definition everywhere except on the arms with inferior balance and symmetry, but he should lose by default due to his massive distended gut. The ideal male physique(Mr.Olympia) shouldn't look like a nine month pregnant woman.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »
I keep hearing talk about 03 Ronnie's gut, but show me one pic from the judges' point of view of Ronnie with a distended stomach during the mandatory poses. His midsection looked pretty flat to me.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »
but he should lose by default due to his massive distended gut.

you do realize that dorian 93 had a massive distended gut too?

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
most dominating physique on contest day ever 8)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »
it still amazes me how much size ronnie put on from 2002 to 2003: :o

his arms look about 3 inches bigger: :o
Flower Boy Ran Away

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 11:50:25 AM »
it still amazes me how much size ronnie put on from 2002 to 2003: :o

his arms look about 3 inches bigger: :o
But also lost conditioning and ab control.

(almost) congrats with your 20,000th post  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
20,000 Lights Out Baby! ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
 I gota be honest with you...Ronnie 2003 is awesome from a muscular development perpective, but from the point of view of bodybuilding he looks atrcious compared to 93' Dorian. Not only is he softer and showing less definition everywhere except on the arms with inferior balance and symmetry, but he should lose by default due to his massive distended gut. The ideal male physique(Mr.Olympia) shouldn't look like a nine month pregnant woman.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Well Yates is no Paris, his arms do throw off his balance a little, and his quads don't match his upper body for mass. But would Paris beat Yates on a stage in competition? I'm guessing no. And in the 2003 pre-judging is Coleman's gut actually visible? He's not hitting vacuum shots or anything, but if we dispose of preconceptions and mental images of Ronnie's gut at it's worst, in the video posted above he looks great.

I think Ronnie has a bigger, more defined chest, arms, delts, quads, hams, glutes. Lats is close, but Coleman's are bigger if nothing else. Calves obviously Yates. Conditioning Yates, but this is still bodyBUILDING, and for the same reasons Arnold beat Zane, Haney beat Labrada et al, Dorian would look like a well conditioned NPC competitor next to Ronnie's extra 30lb. I don't think Dorian is 30lb DRYER than Ronnie, if you see what I mean, so I think Ronnie's superior size everywhere would count for a lot. Other mass monsters like Nasser and Dillet had massive weaknesses in their backs, but this is Ronnie Coleman, he wouldn't hemorrhage points in that department like those others.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »
20,000 Lights Out Baby! ;D
You made it  :D

Ronnie ownes Dorian size & shape wise, with the exception for graininess and calves

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
most dominating physique on contest day ever 8)

I rather look like this

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
Well Yates is no Paris, his arms do throw off his balance a little, and his quads don't match his upper body for mass. But would Paris beat Yates on a stage in competition? I'm guessing no. And in the 2003 pre-judging is Coleman's gut actually visible? He's not hitting vacuum shots or anything, but if we dispose of preconceptions and mental images of Ronnie's gut at it's worst, in the video posted above he looks great.

exactly, Ronnie kept his midsection in check when he was being judged and that's all that matters - not how he looked offstage or from the corner of the stage - but in front of the judges.

although no stomach vacuum, his midsection looks pretty flat to me

I think Ronnie has a bigger, more defined chest, arms, delts, quads, hams, glutes. Lats is close, but Coleman's are bigger if nothing else. Calves obviously Yates. Conditioning Yates, but this is still bodyBUILDING, and for the same reasons Arnold beat Zane, Haney beat Labrada et al, Dorian would look like a well conditioned NPC competitor next to Ronnie's extra 30lb. I don't think Dorian is 30lb DRYER than Ronnie, if you see what I mean, so I think Ronnie's superior size everywhere would count for a lot. Other mass monsters like Nasser and Dillet had massive weaknesses in their backs, but this is Ronnie Coleman, he wouldn't hemorrhage points in that department like those others.

agreed, the difference in mass > the difference in conditioning. Cutler at 5'9" and 250 lbs looked like an amateur next to 03 Ronnie. There's no reason to think a 5'10" Dorian at 257 lbs would bridge the noticeable size gap. Remember, Dorian had better conditioning than Jay which means he would actually carry less volume per cubic inch (i.e. 250 lbs @ 4% bf would be comparable in size to 257 lbs @ 3% bf)