Author Topic: Best Vacation EVER...  (Read 10342 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Best Vacation EVER...
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:27:43 AM »
Starting to get beach fever and looking for ideas...  :D

Here have been some of mine:

For romance and/or just spending a week lying on the beach in a coma: British Virgin Islands.  There were beaches where you wouldn’t see a single person for what seemed like miles, plus we stayed in one of these bungalow things built into the mountain so you never had to see anyone if you didn't want to... plantation doors in the shower opened onto a view of the ocean, yet it was totally private - no one could see you.

For Great things to do: Cayman Islands ranks up there for snorkeling and diving, plus you don’t have to make a big production of getting onto a boat etc... you can fall into the water from shore in a number of places. Plus there’s a great gym!!! Very civilized.

Skiing: Zermatt has to be among the most beautiful places to ski in the world...

Any suggestions for winter getaways... I'm starting to be more obsessed the closer winter gets here.

Deedee

• Getbig V
Re: Best Vacation EVER...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:30:36 AM »
 :'( I want this...

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »
This looks great

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »
world cruise with your mother.  only kidding, but she was paying.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:45:04 AM »

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:51:19 AM »

For romance and/or just spending a week lying on the beach in a coma: British Virgin Islands.  There were beaches where you wouldn’t see a single person for what seemed like miles, plus we stayed in one of these bungalow things built into the mountain so you never had to see anyone if you didn't want to... plantation doors in the shower opened onto a view of the ocean, yet it was totally private - no one could see you.

That sounds great!  Do you have any further info on that place?

One of my best vacations was when we went to St. Maartin.  ONe day we took a boat over to Anguilla.  It was gorgeous .... I can see spending an entire vacation there.

Another favorite wasn't a beach vacation, but when we went to wine country in Napa Valley.  We went in July though.

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »
I've never had a vacation or a vocation.   xL

but happy holidays!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 10:55:31 AM »
I'll dig it out the info STella.

Actually Napa Valley is always something I wanted to do too! Friends who went had an amazing time. They also went in July or Aug I think...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 10:57:59 AM »
I'll dig it out the info STella.

Actually Napa Valley is always something I wanted to do too! Friends who went had an amazing time. They also went in July or Aug I think...

My friends from NY moved to the Nappaville Valley, CA. and had twins...

I hope it's nice there...

that's nappies (or diapers in American

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 10:59:43 AM »
London, England is fun.  Especially at Christmas.  No beaches though.

xL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 11:07:13 AM »

One of my best vacations was when we went to St. Maartin.  ONe day we took a boat over to Anguilla.  It was gorgeous .... I can see spending an entire vacation there.

Sent my mother there for her 70th birthday.  She loved it. 

My good friend raves about Palau. 

Cannot go wrong with Hawaii either.  There are beaches here that are beautiful and relatively empty. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
I want to go to Paris in the Spring.  I've never been to Paris and I must be the only English person to have not done so.

I've been saving it till I fell in love.  I think I'll have to do it on my own, it's only a trainride nowadays.

xxx

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »
Cannot go wrong with Hawaii either.  There are beaches here that are beautiful and relatively empty. 

I've been to your paradise... it was beautiful!  Took a helicopter ride over several volcanoes, as well as waterfalls... I will never forget that. It was spectacular!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:59 AM »
Hawaii

I'll never make it to Hawaii and I would have loved to.  I never met anyone from there.

I don't do tourist.
xL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:36 AM »
I've been to your paradise... it was beautiful!  Took a helicopter ride over several volcanoes, as well as waterfalls... I will never forget that. It was spectacular!

Awesome.  I'll never get tired of it.  I've hiked the volcano and the lava tubes, but never taken the helicopter rides.  Too risky for me.   :)  We have hundreds of small waterfalls throughout the mountain ranges whenever it rains.

The views throughout the islands are simply stunning.  This is paradise for a beach bum.   :) 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:46 AM »
I guess it's like Canada and noone ever leaves.  Why would you.  Permanent best vacation ever...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »
I went to Vancouver Island BC 3x, not on holiday but to visit my dad.  If you ever get a chance or half a chance, go there.

big purple and orange starfish in the morning.  awesome.  mountains and thousands of islands.  I saw the phosphoresnce, I spent an entire night at the full moon in a fishing boat.  The guy said "Don't fall off"  & wouldn't have known if I did.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »
and that big Pacific.

xL

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 12:39:26 PM »
i ws here once....lake Saiful muluk...one of the highest lakes in the world..in the himilayan range paki...

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~exet0249/kkh/images/lakesaiful.html

most beautifull place i've ever been..
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »
I absolutely love Maui, but the best vacation ever was when we included a week on Molokai at the Ranch.  Horseback riding everyday, mountain biking,  beaches, sunshine, very laid back...  Nothing whatsoever to do (outside of your room  ;)) after dark though.
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 10:11:39 PM »
I absolutely love Maui, but the best vacation ever was when we included a week on Molokai at the Ranch.  Horseback riding everyday, mountain biking,  beaches, sunshine, very laid back...  Nothing whatsoever to do (outside of your room  ;)) after dark though.

Which camp?  I've stayed there twice in a "tentalope."   :)  One of my favorites too.  Did the rodeo roundup, kayaking, hiking, etc.  Also had a cow attack me when I was trying to pass her while riding a mountain bike uphill.  She had a calf and thought I was threatening it while trying to pass.  Two of the most enjoyable vacations I've ever had. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 11:55:22 AM »
Which camp?  I've stayed there twice in a "tentalope."   :)  One of my favorites too. 

Well, if I'm gonna travel that far for a vacation, I sure as hell am not staying in a tent  ;) Yes, I know, they're "luxury" tents  ;) ~ We stayed in the lodge.  It was wonderful! 
:

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »
They all sound great... and that pic of the mountain range in Pakistan is gorgeous too!

STella -- the place I was talking about on Virgin Gorda was the Bitter End Yacht Club. We were planning to stay in the bungalow thingy for two days to get our bearings then stay on a sailboat... except we all got so lazy and it was so comfy, we nixed the sailing (except for day trips) and flopped around the beach.  :P It's not ultra luxury, but being on top of the ocean like that was beautiful.

http://www.beyc.com/new_visitors/html/stayingashore_amenities.html

Also gorgeous, where I've stayed twice, once for work, was a place called Little Dix Bay.  Absolutely beautiful... and long, empty stretches of beach. The spa package was great! I've heard this is where New Yorkers come to get over their nervous breakdowns. The pic is the beach there.

http://www.littledixbay.com/suites.cfm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »

Well, if I'm gonna travel that far for a vacation, I sure as hell am not staying in a tent  ;) Yes, I know, they're "luxury" tents  ;) ~ We stayed in the lodge.  It was wonderful! 

lol.  Chicken!   :)  Afraid of the open air bathroom or something?  I had a mouse on my bed once.  Good thing I was checking out.  The food was awesome. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 02:35:21 PM »
you should try to leave america (go abroad), it would do you good

Or perhaps you're too big to fit on a seat?

x