Author Topic: Seriously - which other fighter in their prime could beat this guy in his?  (Read 4927 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Seriously - which other fighter in their prime could beat this guy in his?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 07:31:10 AM »
you people keep forgetting that Tyson's mentally fucked up.  He didn't know the meaning of lose.  When he got clocked in the face, he didn't even know his brain was supposed to shut off and that he was supposed to get knocked out. 

Not to sound like a queer highlight reel, but he truly had the heart of a lion at some point. 

"Why are you talking to me?  I only talk to women i fornicate with"
Deep Tissue Massage

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 07:33:40 AM »
the bonecrusher smith went to a decision, but it was a snoozefest because smith didn't come to fight.  Buster douglas was at the beginning of the end

Maybe it was a bit of a snoozefest but it does not take away the fact that Tyson could not get to him. As for Douglas the reason it was the beginning of the end was down to Tyson losing that fight.

While he may have not prepared properly nobody was suggesting Tyson was on the wane going into that fight.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »
you people keep forgetting that Tyson's mentally fucked up.  He didn't know the meaning of lose.  When he got clocked in the face, he didn't even know his brain was supposed to shut off and that he was supposed to get knocked out.  

Not to sound like a queer highlight reel, but he truly had the heart of a lion at some point.  

"Why are you talking to me?  I only talk to women i fornicate with"

He sure knew it in this fight, he got melted.  :D :D

Overall i do agree with your post, the dude had an iron chin in his prime, walked right through a lot of hard shots.

He was done here.

PS I think a Prime Lewis beats a prime Tyson 6 out of 10 fights.

Tyson had a problem with big, long guys who had skills, and Lewis was an excellent boxer with power as well.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 08:15:35 AM »

This man was taylor made to beat Mike Tyson. A brick shithouse with a granite chin. Foreman would of steamroled tyson.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »
Anyone who truly understands the fight game would agree.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
I'm a Tyson guy - even have a signed framed picture on my wall (slightly homo), but still think the following fighters in their prime would have beat him:

Ali
Holmes
Lewis
Holyfield
Bowe
Foreman

Tyson looks awesome in highlight films knocking out lesser fighters, but as soon he faced good fighters that weren't scared and hit him back he folded.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »

Awesome.  8)

Buster Douglas. ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

thebear

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
Big George would have put Tyson down. Tyson was tailor made for George -came straight ahead, aggressive and would trade with George -had excellent movement for sure with his peekaboo style but he would have walked into a man who was every bit as mean, powerful,determined and who would not have been afraid of Iron Mike . I can't see Mike getting past George -too much firepower by George, and George had a pretty good chin.

I think Liston would have put Tyson down also -his jab would neutralize Mike and his hook was among the best in boxing history .

I think Dempsey would be a 50 / 50 shot with Tyson -IF he had modern training methods and bulked him up etc...

In my opinion Mike would beat Ali because he would catch him early - styles make fights and Mike is all wrong for Ali -too aggressive , hard to hit, Tyson is a blown up version of Joe Frazier and we all know what Smokin Joe did to Ali, I have always wondered why there was no rematch with Foreman and Ali -I know all the arguments, but I still think Ali wanted no part of George. Ali beat George mentally, got in his head etc...If Ali could survive the first 4-5 rounds he could probably have danced his way to a decision -IF he got the fight to the later rounds.

Marciano -put him on modern training methods, bulk him up and I think he like Dempsey has a 50 / 50 shot

Prime Holmes - possibly, his jab was deadly and he could control the pace and tempo of a fight- again 50 / 50

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
tyson = all hype

only stupid people thought otherwise

E
E

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
Tex could take a damn good beating for sure ;D

He kicked Nicholas Cage's ass good and proper until he blew himself up with a grenade.

~

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 02:27:09 PM »
He kicked Nicholas Cage's ass good and proper until he blew himself up with a grenade.

Tex is the man tough bastard

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 02:33:04 PM »
you people keep forgetting that Tyson's mentally fucked up.  He didn't know the meaning of lose.  When he got clocked in the face, he didn't even know his brain was supposed to shut off and that he was supposed to get knocked out.  

"Why are you talking to me?  I only talk to women i fornicate with"

x2.till he got fucked up over Givins the only guys that went the distance ran,and when Tyson got close they held on for their lives.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 02:53:55 PM »
Tyson in his prime would have beaten Klitschko in his prime. Hell, even Lennox Lewis beat Klitschko.

MMA - possible but Tyson wasn't an MMA fighter so that rules that out.
lewis was actually losing badly to vk when they stopped the fight due to a serious eye cut brought on by lewis's dreads in the clinches. i'm actually a lewis fan.
F

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 08:21:49 PM »
liston, dempsey?

oh man, why don't we throw in the old hobo down the road

Gus in the corner making strategies was a big help against the long limbed dancers

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
fedor is king of fighting

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2009, 11:02:07 PM »
the prime version of ali (pre-draft) would have given mike fits and would have stopped him no problem.

Lennox would have been a good match-up...only problem with the "young" lennox was he left his chin out on a platter at times....young mike would have finished him imo. Older Lennox was a tad too slow for young mike I feel.

Good post except I'm not really convinced Ali would of stopped mike at his best, Alis speed and reflex's as a 20something was excellent and for the time extraordinary, timimg etc, the thing is Ali would have had a hard time ACTUALLY hitting Mike, and that among the obvious with Mike is the thing that IMO separated him from slimmer fighters in terms of structure, aggressiveness etc (Frazier,Marciano,Tua,etc) is that he very RARELY GOT HIT...and back in turn for every punch the fighters missed @ Tyson, they got power,speed,aggression etc straight back...and in a flash.

I don't doubt for a second Ali was MENTALLY tougher than Tyson (as was Frazer,Marciano etc) however a 1987-88 Tyson against a prime Ali (IMO the night he fought Cleveland Williams) would be a toss-up as a result...if and its just that, Tyson threw combinations, head movement, footspeed, handspeed etc all going on the night...i don't see any reason why he wouldn't stop Ali...and quick, on the other hand if and again its that, Ali could frustrate Tyson by turning him, pushing his head down, ACTUALLY MANAGED TO HIT TYSON CLEAN enough for Mike to take any notice, GETTING INTO HIS HEAD MENTALLY etc...who knows...the result IMO is to close to call

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »
Vitali Klitschko in boxing

Fedor Emelianenko in MMA

that is some of the stupidest shit i have ever heard on here

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »
that is some of the stupidest shit i have ever heard on here

I disagree.

Vitali would have never been intimidated going into the fight, he has awesome size, granite chin (never even knocked down!), punching power (greatest kayo percentage of all time) heart, and most importantly his lean back style of defense which was giving big reach guy like Lewis problems would have been MUCH harder for a shorter reach guy like Tyson to be able to connect....All in all just a terrible match up for Tyson stylistically.

Plus Vitali was beating a still very good Lennox Lewis before the fight was called before after a cut.

Mike Tyson never beat a really good fighter, only tomato cans..,..certainly no one even close to Klitchsko.

Vitali takes the fight by the 8th or 9th round when Tyson quits like a little bitch.

Adam11

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »
 ;D