Author Topic: Why has female bodybuilding failed?  (Read 5899 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Why has female bodybuilding failed?
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »
You are incorrect Mr. Wigg. Female bodybuilding is a huge success.

Please enlighten me.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Please enlighten me.

;D ;D ;D OK, ya got me. Female bodybuilding is deader than disco and smells twice as bad.

Who's to blame? It was always an extremely tough sell, but I'd blame...

1- Promoters
2- Judges (but they could be #1)
3- The bodybuilders
a

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »
I thought it died in the 90's. I guess the schmoes have kept it afloat till now.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »
Serious answer: 2 things - it hasn't failed everywhere, although mostly yes. The pro ranks and most nations it flopped as many women looked all geared up as we all know. Women with any muscle is a hard sell anyway. Back in the days of Rachel [1st Ms Olympia, pictured below], Anja etc - it was actually more popular - shows sold out, prize money was higher, they were all in the mags etc. Women got all enthused saying they can gear too, judges rewarded it and many stick needles in themself till they ruined any popularity it had :-[

That said, in my neck of the woods it is not a flop. We have severe drug testing [random through year, lifetime bans handed out] and the geared look is not rewarded by judges. It's far more popular here, and what we have [although we have a few frights] is ladies in shape - not many drugged looks.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »
"I wanna stay feminine... I think that's why I get so much work... because I still look like a woman..."

:-[

I spit my drink out when she said that.  :-[

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 01:09:13 AM »

What's that guy's name, anyway?

I'm not sure, but I know he was in Leprechaun......

HAHA, RON.....

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 03:13:34 AM »

What's that guy's name, anyway?

That's Lawerence Powers,  I call him Larry.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 03:19:05 AM »
Serious answer: 2 things - it hasn't failed everywhere, although mostly yes. The pro ranks and most nations it flopped as many women looked all geared up as we all know. Women with any muscle is a hard sell anyway. Back in the days of Rachel [1st Ms Olympia, pictured below], Anja etc - it was actually more popular - shows sold out, prize money was higher, they were all in the mags etc. Women got all enthused saying they can gear too, judges rewarded it and many stick needles in themself till they ruined any popularity it had :-[

That said, in my neck of the woods it is not a flop. We have severe drug testing [random through year, lifetime bans handed out] and the geared look is not rewarded by judges. It's far more popular here, and what we have [although we have a few frights] is ladies in shape - not many drugged looks.

the figure girls are more muscular than that nowdays..

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 05:24:58 AM »

umm..what part of the EC is female bodybuilding a sucess..I vacation in Trini, Barbados and other islands....and women with muscle are mocked and rightfully so.
I

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 06:20:01 AM »
umm..what part of the EC is female bodybuilding a sucess..I vacation in Trini, Barbados and other islands....and women with muscle are mocked and rightfully so.

There are 40 odd island here, and we range. Same as Europe is different; England is different from Russia..same here. Different langauges, laws and lives. Plus, I've lived here for 25 odd years, and work within the bb fed so am familiar with it. With all due respect, that is way different from vacationing.

Both Bajan and Trini women get more than their American counterparts, far. Their national female bodybuilding class winners get all expenses paid for competition for one; international flights, hotels, even transportation. A US winner of female bb gets a plastic trophy, that is a huge difference right there. Also, they will get mainstream news coverage should they do well. They, like me, are subject to drug testing, which makes the entire look different in general. We simply do not have the look that many others do, as drug use is far less prevalent.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 06:22:22 AM »
Real answers, don't be assholes! >:(

because female bodybuilding became an excuse to become a tranny.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 06:25:32 AM »
"I wanna stay feminine... I think that's why I get so much work... because I still look like a woman..."

:-[

yeah, i remember that one too. christ, it is totally fucked in the head.