Author Topic: Calorie counting is a myth...this Video proves it.  (Read 8004 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: Calorie counting is a myth...this Video proves it.
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 06:42:01 AM »
So what diet is this Doctor advocating...or is he just saying "change your genetics"?
O

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 07:58:12 AM »
hahaha jezebelle is just a fictional character adonis made up so he could have an e-girlfriend.

it is just pure coincidence 'she' starts posting rapidly as adonis gets timed out
I dont like twinks.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »
Bump!  ;D
I Love The True Adon

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:45 PM »
An oldie but a goodie in that it still has never been falsified despite all the confusion.  Get that NEVER has been falsified.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WN4-4C4FMW6-JJ&_user=10&_coverDate=03/31/1964&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1285740643&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=d2a738c61fcc81eb3c0871f97b08f081

Calories do count

Laurance W. Kinsell M.D.a, Barbara Gunning Ph.D.a, George D. Michaels Ph.D.a, James Richardson M.D.a, Stephen E. Cox M.D.a and Calvin Lemon M.D.a
aThe Institute for Metabolic Research, Highland-Alameda County Hospital, Oakland, Calif., USA
Received 27 November 1963.  Available online 10 April 2004.

Abstract
There have been statements in the medical and the lay literature to the effect that weight loss occurs more rapidly with diets high in fat and protein asc compared to equi-caloric diets containing large amounts of carbohydrate. In the present study, subjects have been maintained for many weeks on constant calorie intake. At intervals, the composition of the diet has been changed, the fat intake varying from 12 to 83 per cent, protein from 14 to 36 per cent, and carbohydrate from 3 to 64 per cent of total calories. In any given subject, the rate of weight loss was essentially constant throughout the entire study. It is therefore obvious that the significant factor responsible for weight loss is reduction of calories, irrespective of the composition of the diet.

LOL...never been falsified?  You might want to take a look at these two studies:

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/359/3/229

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/3/1/9
w

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
LOL...never been falsified?  You might want to take a look at these two studies:

::)

Do you ever learn?

1. The first study is in total agreement with what I posted.  It states that a Low-Calorie/Restricted Calorie Mediterranean diet may be beneficial. In principle This is EXACTLY what I advocate.  Low-Calorie and Calorie Restricted being the key here.  

2. I have always maintained a Macro Nutrient is not a Macro nutrient.  A protein is not a carbohydrate, a fat is not a protein and so on.  Seriously, do you even bother to comprehend what I post?
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
LOL...never been falsified?  You might want to take a look at these two studies:

Also did you not see how close the weight loss between all 3 groups in the Second "Study"?

It does not differ statistically whatsoever nor does it prove anything.  It is also a silly study as it is not taking the same individual and testing different diets, in fact its taking totally different groups of people and trying different diets.

What if someone has a lower or higher hormonal levels than the next person?  What if someone is doing more exercise than the next person?  What if someone were a different height or different muscle mass? Did anyone have any medical conditions?

Stupid study. Incredibly stupid since there are way too many variables to even "prove" anything.

I am about to give you the best piece of advice you have ever gotten that will work for everyone no matter what-
Bottom Fuckign line is, if you want to lose weight reduce your damn calories to get into a deficit.  How goddamn difficult do you want to make it and why? 
I Love The True Adon

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
Also did you not see how close the weight loss between all 3 groups in the Second "Study"?

It does not differ statistically whatsoever nor does it prove anything.  It is also a silly study as it is not taking the same individual and testing different diets, in fact its taking totally different groups of people and trying different diets.

What if someone has a lower or higher hormonal levels than the next person?  What if someone is doing more exercise than the next person?  What if someone were a different height or different muscle mass? Did anyone have any medical conditions?

Stupid study. Incredibly stupid since there are way too many variables to even "prove" anything.

I am about to give you the best piece of advice you have ever gotten that will work for everyone no matter what-
Bottom Fuckign line is, if you want to lose weight reduce your damn calories to get into a deficit.  How goddamn difficult do you want to make it and why? 

Anyone who wants to "lose weight" should follow your advise.  Anyone who wants to lose "fat" and/or gain "muscle" should forget about "a calorie is a calorie", and focus on macro-nutrient composition.
w

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »
Anyone who wants to "lose weight" should follow your advise.  Anyone who wants to lose "fat" and/or gain "muscle" should forget about "a calorie is a calorie", and focus on macro-nutrient composition.
Which by default you HAVE to focus on calorie restriction, hence counting calories. No matter what, you can`t avoid it.
I Love The True Adon

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »
Calories, protein, weight training = all that counts for optimal body composition.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »

check the time stamp on my post here:

scott connely is very smart but his comments at the beginning about being unable to compare energy and mass.... were humorous..  :)

BOOM ta..... "BOOM"

ROFLMAO 2:50 seconds into the video Scott Connely says sarcastically- "YOU want to relate Energy and Mass in a simple and arithmetic way?????? COME on...THIS is nonsense!!!!

ROFLMAAOAOAAAAGAHGAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Tell Albert Einstein that E = mc2, the Mass Energy Equivalence, is Nonsense.

This guy is nothing more than a rambling Mountebank.  A charlatan who cashes in on the fact that his audience doesn`t know what HE is talking about.  Works every time.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
http://progenexusa.com/Blog/post/Dr-Connelly-Talks-About-Insulin-Body-Weight-and-Energy-Production.aspx

Adonis, can't wait to see you chime in.

i stopped watching when he belittled the  relation betwee mass and energy...while on the other had...a Jewish clerk made  history by relating the 2 together.. ( E = MC^2 :-\)

HOWEVER...to disregard him completely , as so many here r doing is(i only read page 1 of this thread)
1) being blind to the probable fact that no one contributing in this thread is a doctor
2) most on this thread "maybe" long time ago memorized the Krebs cycle for an anatomy test and promptly forgot it the following week...let alone pretending that we actually have as bright an understanding of the subject matter as Dr Connelly
carpe` vaginum!