Author Topic: Larry Wheels: 235 pound incline DB press  (Read 4706 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Larry Wheels: 235 pound incline DB press
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 08:33:09 PM »
235 lbs is also more than 100 kg ~ 220 lbs (maybe "mac33" is unaware of this).  The fat man did more reps with 220 yes but an extra 30 pounds is a lot.
The video says 105 kg which is 231 lbs, not 235 lbs. Still impressive regardless.

Eddie made the lifts look much easier though even at the lower 220 lbs.

I'd like to see Larry succeed and hope he does not get an injury. His work ethic is amazing and he deserves to achieve greatness because of all the effort and heart he puts into it. I would like to see him win WSM down the road. It would be something to see. He would have to bring his weight up though and carry more fat if he wants to compete with the big boys. I am amazed how strong he is considering his conditioning and lower body fat.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »
Saying with certainty he’d match Eddie with the extra body weight is being naive to all the variables.

If you don’t know of them all, I’m not prepared to write an essay. So whatever.

Fact is, Larry is outrageously strong. But he is also riding a wave of incredible response that cannot last. His substantial youth is carrying him. And luck.

Like Ronnie, he’s not suited, structurally, to last in the world of Elite strength athletics.

I could very well be wrong.

My decades of experience tells me, however, his run will end sooner rather than later. Serious health concerns or a disastrous injury likely the culprit(s).

Wheels is flirting with the outer limits (as of 2019) and he’s hardly earned it.

I agree. Hopefully he does not get a major injury.

And you are right his build is not 100% ideal. The very strong guys all have bigger joints and frames.

I have noticed that Brian Shaw's grip is much stronger than Thor, Eddie Hall and most of the top guys. His hands must be bigger and his forearms are gigantic. I think overall Shaw has a superior frame compared to Thor. He is just a bit broader and stockier, but 1" shorter. Shaw has had a nagging hamstring injury which is frustrating for him I am sure since he is still totally motivated and committed to win another WSM or two. It would be great to see him at 100% go against Thor.

Shaw to me is the ideal strongman. Eddie has an impressive deadlift and bench but Shaw's structure and size is just too overwhelming.

Check out Shaw's grip in these two videos.

Here he flips a 45 lbs plate with ease and grabs it again with his hand - at around 6:58. Eddie was able to do this only after many tries. Oberst did better and is also taller but has a harder time catching it again. Brian just makes it look so easy.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2019, 11:48:11 PM »
If Larry is serious about WSM, he needs to realize bodyweight needs to be higher to compare and not break his body under tremendous weights of strongman. Last video of Eddie I promise  ;D, just to illustrate overall strength he needed to be WSM:

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »
Shaw is a grip legend and he doesnt really focus on it. Eddie is still crazy strong after retiring/downsizing.
They did some close grip for reps recently, Eddie did like 52, to Shaw and Oby's 32.

Brian still owns everyone in most lifts (except Thor). Some ridiculous lifting going on in Stones, Mateusz Kieliszkowski is the best, outright scary.

Larry is a beast, but like Fortress mentioned, can that shit last? He talks about his drug use (good for him, they all use) but his frame compared to these monsters just isnt the same.
He's a crazy srong guy, but I see serious injury down the road, or liver injury. He loves the Anadrol.

This kid (only 24 I think) is the future also. If he doesnt get hurt. Crazy stone to shoulder... Bodybuilders all act like hurt little girls these days, bickering, etc.
Strongmen seem to support each other and have fun, you know, like men.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2019, 03:26:00 AM »
He loves his anadrol. I hope his career won't be as short as I think it will be.

Strubbbbs

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 08:32:26 AM »
Just don't understand how he has the strength he has considering his age, low BF level, and that his frame doesn't seem structurally suited in any way, shape, or form for this. Drugs blah blah blah, response to drugs etc of course. But that applies to all the guys at the top. They obviously all genetically have great response to gear....

I just don't get it.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 10:04:37 AM »
I agree. Hopefully he does not get a major injury.

And you are right his build is not 100% ideal. The very strong guys all have bigger joints and frames.

I have noticed that Brian Shaw's grip is much stronger than Thor, Eddie Hall and most of the top guys. His hands must be bigger and his forearms are gigantic. I think overall Shaw has a superior frame compared to Thor. He is just a bit broader and stockier, but 1" shorter. Shaw has had a nagging hamstring injury which is frustrating for him I am sure since he is still totally motivated and committed to win another WSM or two. It would be great to see him at 100% go against Thor.

Shaw to me is the ideal strongman. Eddie has an impressive deadlift and bench but Shaw's structure and size is just too overwhelming.

Check out Shaw's grip in these two videos.

Here he flips a 45 lbs plate with ease and grabs it again with his hand - at around 6:58. Eddie was able to do this only after many tries. Oberst did better and is also taller but has a harder time catching it again. Brian just makes it look so easy.

And they are usually white

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 10:06:03 AM »

If he weighed what he does he would smoke him and Larry looks great doing it so Larry for the win.

Eddie is white so he wins  :D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 10:46:20 AM »
Eddie is training for the Tour.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 02:36:17 PM »
Marius Pudzianowski
4th place WSM 2000 age 23
1st place WSM 2002 age 25

Very light & Muscular for a WSM competitor.

All Time Great Strength Athlete.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »
@SF1900 - any luck yet finding that video?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »

He told me it’ll be a few more mins, going through a lot of vids

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2019, 03:45:31 PM »

Abraham, give me another 2 hours. Check back. Will be posted then!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »
He told me it’ll be a few more mins, going through a lot of vids

Still looking through the massive amount of videos.

Ill post it in about 3-4 hours.

Thank you.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2019, 03:48:14 PM »
Eddie is training for the Tour.

He almost died after 40 minutes ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2019, 06:17:23 PM »
ok, well I haven't searched the internet for everything this guy had said

seems pretty candid here about both steroids and recreational drugs

I was gonna dig for that as proof of what you're saying after your first response.  I watched that when it first came out.  He's as upfront as he can be about it, and he's just a complete freak of nature IMO.

I saw the thread title, and was shocked that there was dbells over 200's which is the heaviest I've seen in person.  Maybe that is the heaviest since these were jury-rigged?

I just have no explanation for how this guy does the things he does.......AND has never gotten hurt or had an accident yet.   Dude is just off the chains, and his lifts are all pretty clean too.  :o   Nothing but respect from me for what he does, and he comes across as a pretty good guy too. 8)

You looked at Ronnie, and you expected he could do crazy shit... but it still blew your mind.  You look at this dude with his wire glasses, and think "yeah right, this won't end well"....and then he does it like a boss!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2019, 06:33:36 PM »
Agreed, Dave.

I am still searching for the video.

Will post it in approximately 30 minutes.

Searching on the social media that you’re never on?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2019, 06:37:04 PM »
Searching on the social media that you’re never on?

I really don’t consider YouTube social media like twitter, Instagram or FB.
X