Author Topic: NH Drugs Deaths leveling off  (Read 1977 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
NH Drugs Deaths leveling off
« on: April 29, 2019, 04:03:07 AM »
They make it seem like its great news  ::) :

--------
Latest NH Drug Overdose Data Shows Deaths Leveling Off
Medical examiner's office shows fentanyl is still ravaging the Granite State; six toxicology reports from 2018 are still being examined

CONCORD, NH — While there are still a handful of overdose deaths pending toxicology reports, drug death counts in New Hampshire appear to be plateauing, according to the latest data from the Office of Chief Medical Examiner. In 2018, 473 passed away due to a drug overdose in the state. Of those deaths, 380 were due to fentanyl and fentanyl mixed with other drugs not including heroin. Only three people in New Hampshire passed away due to heroin and fentanyl mixed together, according to the data.

Only two people died of heroin overdoses in the state while 31 died from opiates/opioids and 50 died from other drugs or unknown drugs.

Six cases are still "pending toxicology," according to Kim Fallon, a chief forensic investigator with the NH Office of Chief Medical Examiner. Those results can take two to three months for the state to receive. The availability of the state's pathologist to review the results also depends on the autopsy schedule, court appearances, and other factors, she noted.

The medical examiner's office has determined a drug death that is pending toxicology to be an overdose based on scene investigation and/or autopsy findings even though the cause of death is dependent on the results of the tests, Fallon noted in the latest report.

Other deaths that appear to not be the result of drugs can later be determined to be drug related after the results are analyzed.

In 2018, 63 people died from cocaine usage including 55 who mixed cocaine with opioids. Twenty-one people in New Hampshire died due to methamphetamine including 16 who mixed meth and opioids.

Last year, July was the busiest month for overdose deaths followed by March and May; June was the month with the least deaths in New Hampshire, with 20 – about a third the number of deaths in July.

This year, 119 people in New Hampshire have passed away due to drug deaths, according to the data through last week, about the same amount of deadly overdoses at the same time last year.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: NH Drugs Deaths leveling off
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 04:16:49 AM »
Conclusion: Everybody who was going to OD has done it and died.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 04:26:21 AM »

:D

Basically.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »
I think this is a given if you make narcotics legal as well. There will be a bump but then those that really bad off won't be in the numbers any longer.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:31 PM »

Astute point. All death rates due to toxins start to level off once the toxin is identified and controlled- or attempted to be controlled. Look at the death rate from smoking cigarettes. The death rate lags the drop in consumption due, obviously, to the delayed effect of smoking for many years.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 08:35:33 PM »
what is there so much epic hard drug use in the NE? i hear about it all the time

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 09:57:49 PM »
what is there so much epic hard drug use in the NE? i hear about it all the time

The weather. SAD.

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 07:27:47 AM »
I'm not quite sure why people get so concerned with folks ODing...I say let them.
If they are dumb enough to do drugs, and weak enough not to have discipline and self control, chances are they are not good parents/productive humans in general.
So let them off themselves and be done with it-
The drug company's that produce these drugs are doing us a favor by vetting out the weak. There will be studies done 100 years from now about how the OD "crisis" actually made us a stronger, better country.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:48 AM »
NH is very isolated and remote ...New England in general . Has a very long Winter/cold (10 months it seems),.. absolutely nothing to do ...lots of places shut down/close early or for the season ... it’s depressing

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:13 PM »
NH is very isolated and remote ...New England in general . Has a very long Winter/cold (10 months it seems),.. absolutely nothing to do ...lots of places shut down/close early or for the season ... it’s depressing

you guys know florida isnt to far away and there is no state income tax?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
you guys know florida isnt to far away and there is no state income tax?
yes! ( after living in both NH and Massachusetts I relocated to south Florida years ago ..  (best thing I ever did!) ... I hate winter and the cold!

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »
yes! ( after living in both NH and Massachusetts I relocated to south Florida years ago ..  (best thing I ever did!) ... I hate winter and the cold!

GOOD FOR YOU!

haha! no shit

im from chicago and now live in scottsdale AZ - top life choice i have also ever made too.

i def feel east coasters do better in FL then the west coast since they still get that east coast personality (the italians, the jewish community) and plus it is only a 2-3 hour flight north too from FL

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 09:40:14 PM »
GOOD FOR YOU!

haha! no shit

im from chicago and now live in scottsdale AZ - top life choice i have also ever made too.

i def feel east coasters do better in FL then the west coast since they still get that east coast personality (the italians, the jewish community) and plus it is only a 2-3 hour flight north too from FL

thanks man! ( I Love it here) everyday I wake up it’s Beautiful and sunny/ warm outside.... just puts ya in a good mood  ;)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »
thanks man! ( I Love it here) everyday I wake up it’s Beautiful and sunny/ warm outside.... just puts ya in a good mood  ;)

Quiet down Mike, you got me jealous over here. I mean, its still in 50's here (30's at night) been raining for 2 weeks, looks to be shitty for 2 more weeks.
Back yard is under water (cant get to my shed/mower if I wanted). Love this place 6 months per year, the other 6 sucks. More north in NH, Maine and Vermont, there is basically not much to do, people do drugs.

Plan is condo here in NH, condo in FL when time is right and a little bit older (when done w/ this job basically). I think FL in summer would be too brutal (heat) but winters will be fun.

Next two weeks:

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 05:47:43 AM »
Sounds like a great plan PL! (Best of both worlds) ... yea the summers here took a little getting used to .... but with everything/everyplace blasting ice cold A/C it’s really not that bad, also a great incentive to stay in shape all year round!