Author Topic: A couple quotes from a non-BB forum about supplements.  (Read 597 times)

rick brophy

• Getbig II
A couple quotes from a non-BB forum about supplements.
« on: April 16, 2008, 01:58:51 AM »
I basically stated that I believe protein shakes are completely unnecessary for getting big and that you'd be better off getting most of your protein from meat. I also stated that whether you drink protein shakes at different points throughout the day doesn't really matter and that it's all bullshit perpetuated by the supplement industry, these are some responses I got:

"i don't believe anyone said that protein shakes get protein to your muscles faster. and it does matter when you take it. maximum results come from taking the protein within about half an hour before or after your workout. this is because the protein will be in your system while you're working out, and will provide your muscles with the protein they need. after a workout, your muscles need protein to rebuild, so the quicker you take the shake the more protein will be delivered in the critical time.

the benefit that drinking protein shakes has over eating real food, is that for the most part it has a higher concentrated percent of protein, therefore you intake more. it is not less likely to absorbed either, the proteins are designed specifically to defuse across a membrane at different speeds depending on what kind of protein you get. if you are working out hard enough, your body will not be able to provide the amount of protein that it will need, from a normal meal. the best thing to do is to take protein and eat a shitload so you maximize your protein intake."

"Obviously, you've been misinformed pretty badly. There are a thousand reasons why protein shakes are better than a regular meal for acquiring protein. For one, isolate whey is pure clean protein, so while you may get a fair amount of protein from bacon or fried chicken, you're getting a lot of fat and other things too. This, coupled with everything ridelife said, and about a hundred other reasons (try eating a regular meal 6-8 times a day, with class/work, or bringing a regular meal to the gym), and you would understand that protein shakes are not only valuable, but pretty damn essential to maximum muscle growth."

Thoughts on what my response post should be?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: A couple quotes from a non-BB forum about supplements.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:14:40 AM »
stick to posting on getbig. otherwise youll never get a decent no of posts.
Z

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:19:54 AM »
its not neccesary but its very easy, im getting tired of eating and eating sometimes.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:21:12 AM »
its not neccesary but its very easy, im getting tired of eating and eating sometimes.

stop eating

think about the starving in africa
Z

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:21:37 AM »
thats true some folks just get tired of eating so a shake is nice......just how we roll....