Author Topic: Minnesota Man Who Killed Two Teens During Robbery Convicted of Murder  (Read 5060 times)

Purge_WTF

I wonder how many times the 2 teens broke into this guy's home.

At least twice... and possibly a lot more

Yeah, the guy was burglarized several times.

I don't think he should be convicted myself.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Yeah, the guy was burglarized several times.

I don't think he should be convicted myself.

"The judge of the case excluded this evidence about the teens’ histories from the trial because he stated it was irrelevant."

That is about the most bullshit statement from a judge I've ever seen. The guy never should have recorded it.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
So Minnesota's a Canadian province now?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
"The judge of the case excluded this evidence about the teens’ histories from the trial because he stated it was irrelevant."

That is about the most bullshit statement from a judge I've ever seen. The guy never should have recorded it.

Exactly.

Those previous burglaries caused a build up of emotion in the home owner. If those previous burglaries never occurred, he probably would not have used deadly force. But the burglaries did take place, and the home owner got pushed over the edge mentally.

Those teens messed with the same person too many times.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Exactly.

Those previous burglaries caused a build up of emotion in the home owner. If those previous burglaries never occurred, he probably would not have used deadly force. But the burglaries did take place, and the home owner got pushed over the edge mentally.

Those teens messed with the same person too many times.

I fully agree. And they did it because they were sure there would be no repercussion.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

I think the dude who did the shooting was hopped up on creatine and reading a Flex magazine when the two robberies entered the house. He probably thought they were after his stash of Flex magazines.

rofl

in that case he was right to shoot

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
He shouldn't have killed them after shooting them but you know what? In other countries it's better to do that, otherwise it's you're word against there's. At least with killing them it's all your word. He just didn't make it look clean enough.

It was a sloppy job. Maybe he wasn't thinking straight.. Being burglarized and all?

;)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
This story was just on Dateline this past Friday.

In my opinion, he made a mistake by calling the cops.

He should have just gotten rid of the bodies.

No one knew where these two punks were. >:(

He wouldn't have even been a suspect.

He trusted the system and it screwed him over.

The mother was in total denial about her son and the other victim, the girl, who was portrayed as some sweet angel. ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
complete fucken lunatic, what type of pussy kills a defenseless little girl gasping for air. Wow and the idiot didn't call the cops right away either, spends the entire day with 2 dead bodies in his place.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
complete fucken lunatic, what type of pussy kills a defenseless little girl gasping for air. Wow and the idiot didn't call the cops right away either, spends the entire day with 2 dead bodies in his place.

The frustration of being repeatedly violated could probably drive lots of people to such extremes.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
It's never a good idea to kill someone, do so only when absolutely necessary.

This guy had a number of opportunities to avoid this whole mess but he was out for blood.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
It's never a good idea to kill someone, do so only when absolutely necessary.

This guy had a number of opportunities to avoid this whole mess but he was out for blood.

This. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
sad to say, but if you break into peoples homes (repeatedly), you are placing yourself at risk of great reward (maybe the dude has a million in cash in his basement) and great risk (maybe he'll hide out and execute you).  Plain and simple.  The law is clear... you can be executed in this manner, and in rare cases, you are.   We'll never know how often this happens.  Without that recording, he probably WALKS and we never hear about this.

These 2 were the most disrespetful pieces of shit ever - stealing from the elderly in their homes, all over the neighborhood.  And had he called the police, they woudl have gotten probation for it, and been back stealing from him 2 weeks later.  I woiudn't shoot them, but I would beat the shit out of them for robbing my granddaddy, as would any getbigger.  They're crap, plain and simple, they are garage as human beings.  But I'd only beat them, not shoot them.

On the other hand, this dude is a sick SOB who deserves life in prison too.   He's a sick murderer and he did commit murder, plain and simple.  

It's a fcked up situation all around.  It couldn't have happened to 2 nicer people, but he's a psycho and probably deserves to die too.  Finishing off the girl = a new level of insanity.  But let's not have a parade in honor of the two idiots robbing the elderly.  imagine the  years of terror and sadness and fear they've brought to so many lives.   THe world is a fcked up place, you play with fire, you get burned sometimes, as these 2 learned :(

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Why can you own guns so easily in America but not use them in your own home against threaths?

(Thought inspiring post of the day)

Depends on the state law. In Florida, if a person is in your home, uninvited, they are legally presumed to be there for the purposes of a violent felony and therefore the homeowner is within their rights to shoot them.

You may think that is harsh, but until you've lived in that fucking zoo of a state, I would urge you to withhold judgement. I lived down there for several years and taught basic/combat pistol for folks to get their pistol permits. I had a one day course where at the end, I helped them fill out their paperwork and was even a Notary in FL so I could complete their paperwork and send it in.

In this case, I think that the man did show quite a bit of premeditation, so it isn't shocking that they prosecuted him. He could have done the same thing and made it look a LOT better than he did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
it's murky, so old dude will go to prison.  But he's 65... he'll have companionship and 3 hots and a cot in jail.  He was at retirement age anyway.  He's alone in the world already.  So he doesn't lose all that much here.

People doing crime - especially invasive crimes like home invasion - should think about this case.  you never know when a crazy old dude is at the end of his rope and ready to just fill you and your entitled little sweetheart with lead.  They probably thought "Oh, we'll jjust get a slap on the wrist if we ever do get caught!"   Entitled punk asses they were, pieces of shit shit shit.  

A lesson to be learned all around.  Don't fck with the elderly.  You never know when you have an old man with military training, nothing to live for, a death wish, who gives no fcks... ready to shoot your smug punk ass because, well, the law opens up the loophole for him.  They gave the sick old bastard exactly what he wanted... but they did violate his home and that's some medieval shit there.... without the recordings, and if he calls 911 in a timely manner... he probably walks and the execution of the girl is mopped up by "she was still moving and he felt threatened".  He calls 911 and says he feared for  his life, and he lawyers up - and he gets away with it.   All the recording, might have been more of a social statement than legal wisdom.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
x2!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Legally you shoot to stop the threat not to kill. If death results from you stopping the threat so be it. When the threat ended it was murder.

Let me give you this to think about. If a guy with a gun is in your house and you shoot him. His gun falls away from him and he is gasping for breath. He looks like he is on his last leg. You approach and kick the gun away from him. If you shoot him now it's murder.

Now that same guy is shot. He is gasping for breath on the floor holding his weapon or the weapon is within reach. If you are in fear for you life at that second you can shoot again.

Simple Simon

Legally you shoot to stop the threat not to kill. If death results from you stopping the threat so be it. When the threat ended it was murder.

Let me give you this to think about. If a guy with a gun is in your house and you shoot him. His gun falls away from him and he is gasping for breath. He looks like he is on his last leg. You approach and kick the gun away from him. If you shoot him now it's murder.

Now that same guy is shot. He is gasping for breath on the floor holding his weapon or the weapon is within reach. If you are in fear for you life at that second you can shoot again.
Alternatively shoot him anyway and put the gun back in his hand.

job done.

Purge_WTF

How about for the sake of just putting him out of his misery?

I can understand how the law would object to the way the guy had basically set a trap for those two kids, but it was still their choice to trespass - again.

Reduce his sentence, at least.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
weird, what kind of person prepares to shoot burglars with an audio recorder

Not a criminal mastermind, clearly.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
it's murky, so old dude will go to prison.  But he's 65... he'll have companionship and 3 hots and a cot in jail.  He was at retirement age anyway.  He's alone in the world already.  So he doesn't lose all that much here.

People doing crime - especially invasive crimes like home invasion - should think about this case.  you never know when a crazy old dude is at the end of his rope and ready to just fill you and your entitled little sweetheart with lead.  They probably thought "Oh, we'll jjust get a slap on the wrist if we ever do get caught!"   Entitled punk asses they were, pieces of shit shit shit.  

A lesson to be learned all around.  Don't fck with the elderly.  You never know when you have an old man with military training, nothing to live for, a death wish, who gives no fcks... ready to shoot your smug punk ass because, well, the law opens up the loophole for him.  They gave the sick old bastard exactly what he wanted... but they did violate his home and that's some medieval shit there.... without the recordings, and if he calls 911 in a timely manner... he probably walks and the execution of the girl is mopped up by "she was still moving and he felt threatened".  He calls 911 and says he feared for  his life, and he lawyers up - and he gets away with it.   All the recording, might have been more of a social statement than legal wisdom.

The "3 hots and a cot" retirement plan.

Give back to your community by taking out 2 or 3 of these degenerates upon your 65th birthday.

Doubt it would ever catch on in comparison to more mainstream means such as 401k and pension but the rest of society would all be the better because of it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
The "3 hots and a cot" retirement plan.

Give back to your community by taking out 2 or 3 of these degenerates upon your 65th birthday.

Doubt it would ever catch on in comparison to more mainstream means such as 401k and pension but the rest of society would all be the better because of it.

true.  old people in prison would have companionship, eyes on them, ears to listen to their stories.
they could work in libraries or make license plates. 
OR they sit at home and do nothing but drive to church/publix every sunday and be bored 16 hours a day.

An over-65 prison would be a hilarious and disgusting place.