Author Topic: Minus 40 Degrees Celcius  (Read 2435 times)

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Minus 40 Degrees Celcius
« on: February 06, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
Absolutely fucking love this weather. Went for a 3 mile walk in it this morning. Wish it was winter all the time.
You pansies who live in the southern States wouldnt last 12 seconds in this

love it

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
Re: Minus 40 Degrees Celcius
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:35:45 PM »
Absolutely fucking love this weather. Went for a 3 mile walk in it this morning. Wish it was winter all the time.
You pansies who live in the southern States wouldnt last 12 seconds in this

love it

Don't like the cold or heat. Only moderate.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:36:04 PM »
It fucking snowed all day long here.

I`m right near Canada..............the older I get the more I hate winter.

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 03:37:30 PM »

I dont even fucking know how this is possible?  :D :D :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 03:38:53 PM »
You fucker!! LOL  ;D

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »
You fucker!! LOL  ;D

even this guy loves the cold. He had a big day of running around in it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 03:43:17 PM »
Awesome pic!!  ;D

My dogs sleep all day like they actually have done something to tire them out.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 07:58:57 PM »

Boy do I get that. Growing up in Southern California after the age of 8, I longed for snow. My memory of it was from when I was a little kid and it was all fun and games. My wife (a native Southern Californian) and I talked about moving to Michigan where my paternal roots are and buying a farm. We were such dreamers. My cousins who still have property in Michigan, head to Florida each year when the weather turns. That's how much they think snow is so great. Another cousin and her husband live half the year in Maine and the other half on their boat in Florida and in the Bahamas. They are forever posting photos on Facebook of themselves in shorts and T-shirts. That's just mean!  :)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »
I grew up in Central NY and lived through the worst winters ever. It wasn't until I left for college that I realized it isn't normal to have snow in May, lol. I managed to keep myself sane though winters by becoming a nordic ski racer and raced in temps as low as -30C (-22F).

Eventually I got tired of the cold and gray season lasting nearly 7 months and moved to Arizona. There I adapted to temperatures well over 40+ C (105+) and even found it comfortable to work out in. I lived in Phoenix for nearly 10 years but business finally took me to South Carolina where the humidity and heat in the summer months can be quite intense. It's not uncommon to have 32-36 C ( 90-96 F) with 60% or more humidity- pretty much a sauna. But after a few years here I find it to my liking.

The body is very adaptable and you can survive anywhere- but give me hot and sunny days and I have no complaints. I don't have to shovel heat.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »
I grew up in Central NY and lived through the worst winters ever. It wasn't until I left for college that I realized it isn't normal to have snow in May, lol. I managed to keep myself sane though winters by becoming a nordic ski racer and raced in temps as low as -30C (-22F).

Eventually I got tired of the cold and gray season lasting nearly 7 months and moved to Arizona. There I adapted to temperatures well over 40+ C (105+) and even found it comfortable to work out in. I lived in Phoenix for nearly 10 years but business finally took me to South Carolina where the humidity and heat in the summer months can be quite intense. It's not uncommon to have 32-36 C ( 90-96 F) with 60% or more humidity- pretty much a sauna. But after a few years here I find it to my liking.

The body is very adaptable and you can survive anywhere- but give me hot and sunny days and I have no complaints. I don't have to shovel heat.

Many smaller cities in the south look so beautiful, but that humidity and all that comes with it.....it would be hard to adapt to that.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 08:27:15 PM »
I`m from Maachusettes,now I live in Northern New York.

Lived in Florida for 4 years................... .......why did I leave ???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 08:45:37 PM »
I`m from Maachusettes,now I live in Northern New York.

Lived in Florida for 4 years................... .......why did I leave ???

You probably ask yourself that question every winter.  ;)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 08:56:38 PM »
Many smaller cities in the south look so beautiful, but that humidity and all that comes with it.....it would be hard to adapt to that.

You gradually adapt and soon enough you don't feel it at all. I freeze now at 45 F and don't feel warm until its over 85 F. The power of the human body to acclimate is beyond amazing.

When I lived in NY I found 40 F degree days in winter to cause me to sweat. It's all relative.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:13 PM »

You gradually adapt and soon enough you don't feel it at all. I freeze now at 45 F and don't feel warm until its over 85 F. The power of the human body to acclimate is beyond amazing.

When I lived in NY I found 40 F degree days in winter to cause me to sweat. It's all relative.

It was only a couple of days or maybe a week here and there I spent in D.C. which I don't think of as the 'deep south', during warmer weather, but the humidity would definitely take me getting used to. I remember deciding to go for a walk when it was not even 80 F out and within a few blocks I was soaking wet and I am not one who sweats easily.

My son who lives in Bavaria, but works for the U.S. government and spends time in D.C. recounted to me that he went for a run and was totally wet from head to toe. He said he also was feeling faint...he's no wuss like his dad.  ;D The humidity is not something this old man wants to have to acclimate to.

But like you said, it is all relative. We acclimate to our environment. Before I moved to Portland, OR many decades ago, I flew up here from L.A. to secure a job and find a house to rent. I remember waiting at a bus in Laurelhurst and feeling like I was freezing, even though I was wearing an overcoat. I live here now and I wore shorts and a T-shirt half the day, albeit not outside. I think the temp was in the low 40's.

At this stage of my life, I would like to acclimate to a more tropical or at least warmer climate.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2021, 03:20:59 AM »
It was only a couple of days or maybe a week here and there I spent in D.C. which I don't think of as the 'deep south', during warmer weather, but the humidity would definitely take me getting used to. I remember deciding to go for a walk when it was not even 80 F out and within a few blocks I was soaking wet and I am not one who sweats easily.

My son who lives in Bavaria, but works for the U.S. government and spends time in D.C. recounted to me that he went for a run and was totally wet from head to toe. He said he also was feeling faint...he's no wuss like his dad.  ;D The humidity is not something this old man wants to have to acclimate to.

But like you said, it is all relative. We acclimate to our environment. Before I moved to Portland, OR many decades ago, I flew up here from L.A. to secure a job and find a house to rent. I remember waiting at a bus in Laurelhurst and feeling like I was freezing, even though I was wearing an overcoat. I live here now and I wore shorts and a T-shirt half the day, albeit not outside. I think the temp was in the low 40's.

At this stage of my life, I would like to acclimate to a more tropical or at least warmer climate.

Probably wise, considering where you're going!

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 05:40:28 AM »
I知 from Texas.It gets about 105 here in the Summer.I can barely get out of bed when it gets below 50.Ya値l can have that cold weather.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 05:42:40 AM »
even this guy loves the cold. He had a big day of running around in it
love your dog evacnam. Can someone give me the Dad instructions on how to post a picture

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 06:14:55 AM »

My dad always used to say that the cold hurt his bones

I could never relate

Then last year I experienced what he was talking about

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 07:06:12 AM »
I知 from Texas.It gets about 105 here in the Summer.I can barely get out of bed when it gets below 50.Ya値l can have that cold weather.

105 sounds wonderful, hate the cold.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 07:07:12 AM »
Come Down to TX one August ya fucking girl before you start talking shit about how tough you are in the cold, we see you snow birds all the time during winter and every once in a while decide to hang back for a summer.  Next thing you know you decide to cut your grass one July morning after coffee and end up in the ER for heat exhaustion.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2021, 11:27:26 AM »
105 sounds wonderful, hate the cold.
well that痴 a little hot but the great thing about Texas weather is like right now it is sunny and about 60.I know people who golf on Christmas Day here.

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2021, 11:32:36 AM »
Come Down to TX one August ya fucking girl before you start talking shit about how tough you are in the cold, we see you snow birds all the time during winter and every once in a while decide to hang back for a summer.  Next thing you know you decide to cut your grass one July morning after coffee and end up in the ER for heat exhaustion.

look at you gettin all angry over weather
yee haw man I wish I was a cowboy in Texas, that would be the best

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2021, 02:12:52 PM »
I dont even fucking know how this is possible?  :D :D :D

I知 still trying to figure out how a Canadian spelled Celsius wrong?

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 02:13:21 PM »
I知 still trying to figure out how a Canadian spelled Celsius wrong?

:D :D :-\

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2021, 03:14:46 PM »
look at you gettin all angry over weather
yee haw man I wish I was a cowboy in Texas, that would be the best
ok ::)