Author Topic: what's up with this when I deadlift... *problem*  (Read 1539 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
what's up with this when I deadlift... *problem*
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »
with heavier shit..say anything over 725 on the rack pull or working with 650-675..about halfway up the pull I lean back and try to start hitching. WHY do I do that? That KILLED me today and I don't want to get into nasty habits. What's that mean when I do that? What do I need to work on to keep it from getting worse or make it go away? It's like..solid pull pull pull...lean back..hitch then stand up. I DON'T LIKE THAT! IT LOOKS SHITTY AND WILL GET MY ASS CALLED IN A MEET!  >:(

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: what's up with this when I deadlift... *problem*
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »
I have the same "problem" but its not a problem for me as I dont go to meets. I believe it stems from weak hips and glutes. Wish I had a more pleasurable way to strengthen these areas but I have been using GHR's on the floor and reverse hypers off a table as I do not have access to either of the actual equipment pieces.

If anyone else has any suggestions though......

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
yes that will get you reds quick!
I am not the coach type. But what I would do is lets say it's 725 when you hitch. Just drop back to a weight where you don't hitch. And  keep working up to that set for a few weeks then try the 725 again.

Thats what I do when my form get sloppy.. back off the poundage some.
Masters- 50-54
148#

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »
Are you squatting the weight up on the rack pulls? Perhaps try doing it in a more back dominant position.

NATIVE ONE

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:43:25 AM »
Agree with john o. May be a little too much weight. Back off a little, and you should be able to work through the problem.
3 REPS....I'M DONE!