Author Topic: Bob Chick...are you really averse to women's bb?  (Read 6359 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Bob Chick...are you really averse to women's bb?
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
steroids and women don't go well together  :-\ but if they want to turn themselves in to men go ahead  :D

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
But do you think women should abuse male hormones to the point where they have a widened jaw-line, receding hairline, deepened masculine voice, facial hairgrowth, enlarged freakish genitalia? Is that really worth the trophy? Isn't that pretty much the same as a transexual who takes male hormones for gender-reassignment surgery.  Nothing wrong with natural women's bodybuilding.

Now, we go into the subject of steroid use. I honestly don't have a problem with it because that is the nature of competition.  I humbly accept the fact that I cannot compete against the big girls, even if I were to take rhoids.  So I  found my own niche.  Unfortunately, when someone is that intent on winning, they will go to any extreme to get what they need and do what they need to do to win.  If you haven't noticed, those without the genetics & on roids,  still cannot compete with those with genetics who are not on rhoids.  Nobody really suffers except the ones using them.  But that is THEIR decision. And as long as there is a market for 'winning', there will always be roids.

This also applies to the women of bodybuilding; the whole point of competitive bodybuilding is to win. At one point in its history, women learned to eat more protein to gain more muscle and have an edge.  Now we all know you have to eat more to get big.  What does it take to gain a new edge? Hopefully, not divine intervention.

Who knows what is in store for the next quarter century?  Jay Cutler size women?  Quite possibly. Whether or not you or I find them attractive or feminine or whatever 'your' opinion is ... they are competitors and if that's what they need to look like to win.. they will achieve that look somehow ! !

If everyone really wants to end the art of female bodybuilding.... take away their goal of winning ! Heck, take away 1st place positions in all of bodybuilding, then maybe rhoids will disappear... Anyone see that happening anytime soon?

BTW- there was a poll done (I don't know how recent and I don't know where) on Olympic athletes. They were asked if they had the option to take a drug that would guarantee their winning at their sport, but the drawback being they would most definitely die within 5 years... would you belive the majority of the athlets answered yes, they WOULD take it ! 
J

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 12:24:40 PM »
you would think the lack of sufficient prize money would be enough to drive women away from pro bodybuilding and into fitness/figure where the supplemental income is much better.  Shit, SCORES in NYC charges $4000/hour/dancer for private room with champagne and the works.  You think fem BB'ers will ever make even close to that kind of money for their shit?

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »
And you, my dear JD, are part of the problem

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »
And you, my dear JD, are part of the problem

How can "I" be part of the problem if I don't go about doing anything to actually support them.  I simply stated my opinion of it (and it is the very first time I've ever voiced this opinion anywhere).

I don't believe there is a problem... the illusion of a problem lies in all the heads of those who do not like what they see. Your opinion on them stems from your own developed view of how women "ought" to look; "your" standards of femininity.  NOT theirs. As a matter of fact, I don't think those women care whether or not they look feminine. They're athletes and sport/competition knows no gender.

Like I said, take away the aspect of winning, and you take away their drive, and quite possibly the need for rhoides.  But if you're going to take away women's bodybuilding because their masculine appearance offends you, you might as well do away with all women's sports because there are alot more men (and women) out there who feel women should not be in sports or competition period (but they'd never admit it out loud to anyone).  I've dated a few men in the past who admitted they think women shouldn't even work out because it's not-feminine to be strong. UGH!

It is not a woman's obligation to try to please everyone ... opinions vary too greatly. People should only have themselves to please. And if female bodybuilders are happy at what they do, they have my blessings. Doesn't mean I have to like what they look like.
J

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 12:16:47 AM »

How can "I" be part of the problem if I don't go about doing anything to actually support them.  I simply stated my opinion of it (and it is the very first time I've ever voiced this opinion anywhere).

I don't believe there is a problem... the illusion of a problem lies in all the heads of those who do not like what they see. Your opinion on them stems from your own developed view of how women "ought" to look; "your" standards of femininity.  NOT theirs. As a matter of fact, I don't think those women care whether or not they look feminine. They're athletes and sport/competition knows no gender.

Like I said, take away the aspect of winning, and you take away their drive, and quite possibly the need for rhoides.  But if you're going to take away women's bodybuilding because their masculine appearance offends you, you might as well do away with all women's sports because there are alot more men (and women) out there who feel women should not be in sports or competition period (but they'd never admit it out loud to anyone).  I've dated a few men in the past who admitted they think women shouldn't even work out because it's not-feminine to be strong. UGH!

It is not a woman's obligation to try to please everyone ... opinions vary too greatly. People should only have themselves to please. And if female bodybuilders are happy at what they do, they have my blessings. Doesn't mean I have to like what they look like.

Why couldnt they use that drive to do something like fitness or figure instead of trying to look like a man. Something that takes the same time and dedication the female bbing does, but doesnt destroy there bodies

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »
They destroy their faces and they doesnt earn shit, if the women love bodybuilding so much why dont they stay natural?

i love to know the percentage of "women" bodybuilders who are abused in their youth, i think the outcome would be surprising.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 04:56:59 AM »

I remember looking at an article on hamstrings an seeing a pic of a bodbybuilder's hamstrings, accompanied by a wide-looking super-muscular back. The pic was taken from the next down. My reaction was, "This guy's got some sick hamstring development". I checked out the other pics and then went back to that one. MuscleMag usually has a small caption of the bodybuilder's name.

Well, imagine my shock when that "guy" turned out to be Ms. Olympia, Iris Kyle. At first I thought it was a typo. But, upon a closer look at the pick, I saw the blue bikini straps, tied behind her neck.

8-time Mr. Olympia, Lee Haney said it best. This is supposed to be FEMALE bodybuilding. If it weren't for their long hair and breast implants (which often look like rocks), you wouldn't know these ladies were ladies.

This isn't about pleasing everyone. If you see a female bodybuilder and the first thing you think is "that's a big DUDE", there's a major problem.

With that said, some people just don't dig any semblance of muscle on a woman. I remember back in 2000, when buying a magazine, these two kids (either in their teen or early 20s) were talking about how "manly" the girl on the cover was, using a mimicking deep voice to lob their insults. One of them commented, "I don't like chicks like that; she could, like, break me in half". The real stunner to me was that the "chick" in question was Monica Brant-Peckham, a fitness competitor.

Then, there's the Entertainment Tonight show, which features some "fitness models" at a photo shoot. The mother of an old college buddy thought one of the girls "looked like a man". That girl was Stacey Lynn Boetto. Granted, her face does get a bit drawn, when she's lean and she looked considerably bigger on that show, than she appears in the magazine (she looks tiny in the pubs, except for those ridiculously-large implants), but I've never considered her to be manly-looking.

For the fitness/figure girls, it may just be the low bodyfat thing. What would also help is it many of them (at least the Caucasian ones) didn't have those strawberry-red faces, when they aren't tanned.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 07:24:19 PM »
Chick, what is your position on females in the sport?  Do they belong?  Do they have a place?

Moosejay

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »
But do you think women should abuse male hormones to the point where they have a widened jaw-line, receding hairline, deepened masculine voice, facial hairgrowth, enlarged freakish genitalia? Is that really worth the trophy? Isn't that pretty much the same as a transexual who takes male hormones for gender-reassignment surgery.  Nothing wrong with natural women's bodybuilding.

As always, Chem, your words resound and ring true.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »
I don't believe there is a problem... the illusion of a problem lies in all the heads of those who do not like what they see. Your opinion on them stems from your own developed view of how women "ought" to look; "your" standards of femininity.  NOT theirs.

Actually, it's nature's standard, not mine.  Testosterone is a male hormone.  These freaks are transexuals just as surely as a man taking estrogen to turn into a woman is, not "athletes" or "competitors".
Ron: "I am lazy."

Moosejay

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 06:13:44 AM »

Actually, it's nature's standard, not mine.  Testosterone is a male hormone.  These freaks are transexuals just as surely as a man taking estrogen to turn into a woman is, not "athletes" or "competitors".

Goatboy is correct.

It is one thing for a male to augment his already elevated levels of testosterone to 'become more of a man...'

Purely another thing when a women takes testosterone-based drugs to elevate necessarily low levels of testosterone and, in effect, 'becomes manly, or, in many cases, becomes a man...'

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »
No...I'm not a fan of what it;s become...and that fault lies squarely with the judging system and the fact that it rewards a look they alledgedly don't like....

Two moves would fix the problem:

1.) Get all women judging panels

2.) Make the muscularity round worth 20% of the total score

FIXED!

Just to rehash this...I totally agree.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »
nothing like bring back a dumb old thread

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 07:27:14 PM »
No...I'm not a fan of what it;s become...and that fault lies squarely with the judging system and the fact that it rewards a look they alledgedly don't like....

Two moves would fix the problem:

1.) Get all women judging panels

2.) Make the muscularity round worth 20% of the total score

FIXED!

Some of the women bodybuilders have better bodies than you Bob...in terms of symmetry and overall muscle.  Mop the floor with presentation over yours as well. :) 

Moosejay

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »
nothing like bring back a dumb old thread

Yes, Ken, but this is what you expect from me.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »
Some of the women bodybuilders have better bodies than you Bob...in terms of symmetry and overall muscle.  Mop the floor with presentation over yours as well. :) 

some of those women have bigger cocks than Bob..then again that isn't saying much  :-\
I

Moosejay

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
some of those women have bigger cocks than Bob..then again that isn't saying much  :-\

eeeeeeyyyyuuuccckkk

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »
In defense of women's bodybuilding (at the pro level), I have to disagree with alot of you.  Athletics and sports are about performance & outcome/winning. Speed isn't masculine or feminine.  A point scored in soccor isn't either.  A perfect round-off back handspring in gymnastics knows no gender either.  The sport of bodybuilding revolves around muscular hypertrophy to it's genetic potential and beyond... without sacrificing symmetry and other non-gender related qualities, not by how masculine or feminine the muscles looks or how "pleasing to the eye" it may be. And if increasing its size makes the athlete more masculine; so be it. You don't see people bashing male long distance runners for having near runway model size bodies.

I don't think female bodybuilders are apologetic to the majority of people for feeling threatened by their willingness to deviate from stereotypical femininity. They're hated as much as dyke-type lesbians... because they're not feminine.  That's enough unrightful punishment already.  If we can respect male bodybuilders for looking like freaks, then we should show that same respect for the women even if they look like men; not try or agree to eradicate their share of the sport

I thought the answer to this dilemma was the creation of women's figure category, but yet so many still bash women's bodybuilding for just existing.  So what if it's not pleasing to your eyes? If you don't like the way they look, don't look at their pictures or buy a ticket to their shows. Ultimately, what could honestly end the sport for women is if NOBODY shows up for the shows and companies find it a waste of money to be associated with them.  But guess what... that is not the case.

I'm sure many will profoundly disagree with me. Not that I'd ever consider to become a full out pro bodybuilder (I'm way too lazy to eat that much protein for 8 months, then eat next to nothing for 2)
But I do respect female bodybuilders for their hard work and take no BS from the world mentality. I don't feel it's a womans obligation to please the eyes of every man who looks her way.

All thanks to Kim Chisevsky, who put the "andro" to the masculinity and the decline of fbb.  Who the fuck wants to look like that!!  Women with 5 o'clock shadows, and deep masculine voices.  They should really compete with the men.  Many are too androgenous and tranny; not marketable.  

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

...and some of them hate cock to begin with ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:31 PM »
All thanks to Kim Chisevsky, who put the "andro" to the masculinity and the decline of fbb.  Who the fuck wants to look like that!!  Women with 5 o'clock shadows, and deep masculine voices.  They should really compete with the men.  Many are too androgenous and tranny; not marketable.  

deeper vfoice than mine!

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »
I propose for this year's Ms. Olympia title be changed to the Drag King Olympia.
 ;D ;D ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
I propose for this year's Ms. Olympia title be changed to the Drag King Olympia.
 ;D ;D ;D

If they hold it...are they not considering dropping it? Isn't it now held during the day,m at the expo?

Moosejay

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »
At our CT NPC state champs in 07, we had one woman bb.

Just one.

7 years ago, we may have had 10...not good, not horrible.

Anyway, not much further to drop.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
If they hold it...are they not considering dropping it? Isn't it now held during the day,m at the expo?

Not the day time!!  They look worse in day light!!!