Author Topic: Euphoric feeling when dieting?  (Read 3557 times)

4thAD

Euphoric feeling when dieting?
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:26:17 PM »
I have been dieting really hard for the last month or so. I started out wanting to bulk hard and heavy, but ended up dieting instead. I needed to lose some excess fat before I hit a heavy bulker. The last week or so I have had this euphoric feeling almost like I am cruising on ephedrine or something. I am using ephedrine, but its a different feeling that stays with me even when not on ephedrine. It feels good and its really giving me strength to keep pushing the envelope. Im on just a calorie restricted diet of chicken, fish, rice etc. Basically just eating as clean as possible. I have dieted like this in the past, but never quite felt this good. Lets hear some opinions on this.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
Re: Euphoric feeling when dieting?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
lucky, i always feel like shit when dieting.  lose alot of strength and just dont look forward to training.  its worth it in the end when you look in the mirror though.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »
the initial stages of ketosis are ascoiated with feelings of euphoria. a by product of rapid ketone production is a chemical that interacts in the brain the way recreational drugs do.  and you dont have to be in "KETOSIS" in order to be producing alot ketones.. just burning fat.

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »
the initial stages of ketosis are ascoiated with feelings of euphoria. a by product of rapid ketone production is a chemical that interacts in the brain the way recreational drugs do.  and you dont have to be in "KETOSIS" in order to be producing alot ketones.. just burning fat.

Theres no way I'm in ketosis, as I am not on low carbs. Thats what is kind of strange to me. I'm running a good dose of gear right now so my strength is remaining up up up.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »
     :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
No wonder you feel great you haven't cut your carbs, if your losing fat then obviously its not neccessary to at this point, when the carbs come out the pain begins :)

4thAD

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
I'm not getting into contest condition, just leaning up for a mega bulker. Still in calorie deficit, but feeling very mellow, and euphoric.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 03:18:50 PM »
Watch it.  You may be running high on cortisol and adrenaline.  The gear might be holding the muscle for you, but there can be other nasty effects.  Are your sleeping patterns disrupted?

4thAD

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 03:24:15 PM »
Watch it.  You may be running high on cortisol and adrenaline.  The gear might be holding the muscle for you, but there can be other nasty effects.  Are your sleeping patterns disrupted?

Nope, sleep pattern remains the same, 11/2 - 2 gallons water ed, no stress really, and cycle is  going into week 6.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »
if you dont think its accelerated fat burning ( = accelerated keton production), it could be the gear yoru running. trying out a new compound?

4thAD

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »
if you dont think its accelerated fat burning ( = accelerated keton production), it could be the gear yoru running. trying out a new compound?

Ive ran this same shit many times. Never felt euphoric from gear like this. Plus why would I want to give up this cool feeling even if it was from the gear.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 03:32:44 PM »
Cool.  I had similar feelings about 18-20 months ago.  Overtraining, lots of stress, etc, but I was high as hell!  Felt great until I crashed.

Consider taking plenty of vit C anyway, maybe a B complex heavy on B5, and keep an eye on it.  

PS - I hate dieting hard.  You suck.  ;)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »

Ive ran this same shit many times. Never felt euphoric from gear like this. Plus why would I want to give up this cool feeling even if it was from the gear.
no, i was thinking the opposite...if you WERE trying out a new compound, then lower one of the others and increase that one !!  ;D

maybe its not diet or gear related at all.  

4thAD

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »
no, i was thinking the opposite...if you WERE trying out a new compound, then lower one of the others and increase that one !!  ;D

maybe its not diet or gear related at all. 

Haha maybe I'm just feeling good. I think its diet related, but I'm not missing anything in my diet. It started when I started getting leaner.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
I'm with you 4th...I'm in the same place right now...dieting, but only so I can start a good bulking phase from a lower BF%...don't want to end up a fat ass cow during a bulk...which I would have if not for this current diet.

Point being, the past several wks since I started this diet, I feel better then I have in years. Strength is up, BF is down, energized, even though I have been getting less sleep, still very energized.

I'm not sure how far or how long I'll stay with what I'm doing...like you, I am really enjoying the benefits of this so far. But in the end I have to start bulking again if I'm going to make any real changes.

You know it's funny...I used to love bulking time...always loved the added strength. These days though I almost hate that aspect...I actually thrive off dieting time, even if it's for no other reason then just prepping for a bulk. I love the mindset I get into, the regimented way of doing things, the added discipline, etc.

This year when I bulk, I'm really trying to commit myself to approaching it as much as I can like a BF loss diet...I hate the bloated fat ass feeling...I don't care how strong I get, that fat ass feeling is miserable IMO. So I am going to really try to stay regimented on this just like I do when dieting...more so then ever before. I'm hoping that will pay off.

You guys are going to have to hold me accountable though.  Because I could really go for some Taco Bell! 8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 05:37:01 PM »
Confidence improves sense of well being.

I always feel good at the beginning of a diet.

Enjoy.

8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 09:05:58 PM »
Confidence improves sense of well being.

I always feel good at the beginning of a diet.

Enjoy.

8)

Yeah I was going to say something similar.

You have a new found direction a goal now.  It feels good to know where your going. 

Plus the clothes fitting better and looking better ads to it.

But not sure I fully understand dieting first to "bulk"?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
Yeah I was going to say something similar.

You have a new found direction a goal now.  It feels good to know where your going. 

Plus the clothes fitting better and looking better ads to it.

But not sure I fully understand dieting first to "bulk"?

I can't speak for 4thAD but for me the reason is simple...I got to fat, to soft and lost to much muscle to justify bulking. The BF% has to get back within reason, otherwise you end up so fat that once you do diet it's a disaster. 2nd thing, this spring I ate like shit...I wouldn't say it was shit compared to how most people eat, far from it, but shit by my own standards. Last thing, if I diet, even if it is just for a little while and not a hard diet like now, I always grow much better...gains are always much more towards the kind I want in the first place.

I'm thinking 4-6 more wks of what I call "semi-dieting"...it's really not that bad.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 11:27:43 PM »
I'm not getting into contest condition, just leaning up for a mega bulker. Still in calorie deficit, but feeling very mellow, and euphoric.

Not necessarily ketosis, but fat burning nonetheless.

Once you start cutting in to your fat reserves, you wil have more energy.....

Remember, that's fat you're burning........

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 06:38:31 AM »
I can't speak for 4thAD but for me the reason is simple...I got to fat, to soft and lost to much muscle to justify bulking. The BF% has to get back within reason, otherwise you end up so fat that once you do diet it's a disaster. 2nd thing, this spring I ate like shit...I wouldn't say it was shit compared to how most people eat, far from it, but shit by my own standards. Last thing, if I diet, even if it is just for a little while and not a hard diet like now, I always grow much better...gains are always much more towards the kind I want in the first place.

I'm thinking 4-6 more wks of what I call "semi-dieting"...it's really not that bad.

OK I see what you are saying.

What about just getting on cycle, staying on and straighting out your diet as you go?  You may not gain weight from your fat ass starting point  ;D but you will re organize BF precentages by loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.  This is very doable as you know, its a transformation process.  You calories will not be restricted per se but just from clean sources and not overdoing the calories. 

Now I guess if someone really lets themselves go and there is little muscle under all the blubber then maybe it may not give the desired results of more mass.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »
you cant eat maintanence calories (taking into account EVERYTHING,,,, thermic effect of feeding, exercise, sleeping, cardio...   everything!!) and still have a slow reduction in fat mass while on AAS.

fat cells have androgen receptors.  ;)

4thAD

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »
I'm with you 4th...I'm in the same place right now...dieting, but only so I can start a good bulking phase from a lower BF%...don't want to end up a fat ass cow during a bulk...which I would have if not for this current diet.

Point being, the past several wks since I started this diet, I feel better then I have in years. Strength is up, BF is down, energized, even though I have been getting less sleep, still very energized.

I'm not sure how far or how long I'll stay with what I'm doing...like you, I am really enjoying the benefits of this so far. But in the end I have to start bulking again if I'm going to make any real changes.

You know it's funny...I used to love bulking time...always loved the added strength. These days though I almost hate that aspect...I actually thrive off dieting time, even if it's for no other reason then just prepping for a bulk. I love the mindset I get into, the regimented way of doing things, the added discipline, etc.

This year when I bulk, I'm really trying to commit myself to approaching it as much as I can like a BF loss diet...I hate the bloated fat ass feeling...I don't care how strong I get, that fat ass feeling is miserable IMO. So I am going to really try to stay regimented on this just like I do when dieting...more so then ever before. I'm hoping that will pay off.

You guys are going to have to hold me accountable though.  Because I could really go for some Taco Bell! 8)

I love bulking, but it can get extremely uncomfortable in the end. I dont even hold much water when on, but towards the end my face starts to feel fat and swollen. I love dieting and being ripped, but I also like being big so I have to bulk. I'm 230#, @ about 12% right now, and I would just like to remain in single digits while bulking. Ive done it before, so there's no reason why I cant do it now. I'm cutting on dbol, deca, and test. Sounds funny, but its working really well and I'm retaining strength and size.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »
OK I see what you are saying.

What about just getting on cycle, staying on and straighting out your diet as you go?  You may not gain weight from your fat ass starting point  ;D but you will re organize BF precentages by loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.  This is very doable as you know, its a transformation process.  You calories will not be restricted per se but just from clean sources and not overdoing the calories. 

Now I guess if someone really lets themselves go and there is little muscle under all the blubber then maybe it may not give the desired results of more mass.

Luv, that's basically the idea...that's why I call it "semi-dieting." it is dieting, but not harsh, not like it can be.

I posted in detail exactly what I've been doing the past 6wks or so. The shorter version, started cleaning things up, lost a good bit of weight and BF...got back on cycle but remained on same exact diet...gained 10lbs so far, BF continues to drop. Will probably keep this up another 4-6wks...not really setting a time frame, will know when I'm done by how things look.

you cant eat maintanence calories (taking into account EVERYTHING,,,, thermic effect of feeding, exercise, sleeping, cardio...   everything!!) and still have a slow reduction in fat mass while on AAS.

What?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 11:30:42 AM »

I love bulking, but it can get extremely uncomfortable in the end. I dont even hold much water when on, but towards the end my face starts to feel fat and swollen. I love dieting and being ripped, but I also like being big so I have to bulk. I'm 230#, @ about 12% right now, and I would just like to remain in single digits while bulking. Ive done it before, so there's no reason why I cant do it now. I'm cutting on dbol, deca, and test. Sounds funny, but its working really well and I'm retaining strength and size.

Bulking is fun............dieting is not fun.

That's why I lift for strength, there is no dieting!   :D

Keeping at 20% BF is nice.

Try it, bro.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »

Huh??  X2

This is preposterous.