Author Topic: what cars do you OWN?  (Read 2856 times)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: what cars do you OWN?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 12:46:52 PM »
Right now I'm driving the most practical car I've ever owned in my life.  An 04 Corrolla S.  I traded in an '01 Chrysler 300M that I was going negative equity on a few years ago, for something that would get good mileage, had 4 doors (great for a carseat for junior), and a reasonable expectation of putting on a lot of trouble free miles. 

That said, now that I'm over 70K miles, my son can belt himself in, and I'm no longer shelling out cash to get past the divorce, this spring I plan to treat myself to something that will be a bit of a splurge and that will make driving something enjoyable again.  I'm eyeing the Mustang GT as well as chomping at the bit to get a peek at the upcoming Dodge Challenger.  8)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

AVBG

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »
VR Commodore (GM)

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 02:36:26 PM »
I own a black 98 supra u fucking homo
Money drugs and bitches

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
2006 Corolla XRS
Z

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 03:27:52 PM »
I just purchased a new 06 pontiac GTO. drove it home last night from the dealer, I've got 26 miles on it.

Alex23

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »
VR Commodore (GM)

Some cool shit AVBG 8)

AVBG

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »
Some cool shit AVBG 8)

You think Al? Its a very very common car in Australia, 3.8liter V6 family car  ;D

Alex23

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 04:03:28 PM »
Its a very very common car in Australia, 3.8liter V6 family car  ;D

Hahahaha yes, I see the dash and steering on the right!!!!!!! I appologize for GM for dumping this down under 8)

AVBG

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 04:10:35 PM »
Hahahaha yes, I see the dash and steering on the right!!!!!!! I appologize for GM for dumping this down under 8)

No need for appologies  ;D. Its not a bad car, no frills but very reliable.

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:41 PM »
1958 Ferrari 250 GT
1967 Aston Martin DB6 Volante (current daily driver)
1997 Aston Martin DB7 Coupe

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 11:58:36 PM »

I love german cars also. but for his price point I dont think he can get the features he is after.

I will take a black, dinan, v10 m5 sitting on black rims please.

Body weren't you looking for a new car awhile back? Did you ever decide on one or not yet?

Those Euro cars are very cool,if you can afford them.While they are not my thing,they are definately classy. As far as the mustangs and firebirds and those type of cars,they do not impress me at all. They look cool sure...but most of the time(I said most not always Heracles  :) ) they are owned by some punk kid who thinks he has a race car,when in fact,they can barely get out of their own way.This was especially true of the mustang GT's back in the 90's. They were decent running cars for what they were,but unless they had a lot of N2O,they were hardly what I would call fast.
  If you look at American cars that are out now,the Chrysler 300 is my pick.I am seriously considering buying one . While they are not a BMW,they are neat as fuck...sorta look like they have been chopped.

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2006, 12:10:59 AM »
Body weren't you looking for a new car awhile back? Did you ever decide on one or not yet?

Those Euro cars are very cool,if you can afford them.While they are not my thing,they are definately classy. As far as the mustangs and firebirds and those type of cars,they do not impress me at all. They look cool sure...but most of the time(I said most not always Heracles  :) ) they are owned by some punk kid who thinks he has a race car,when in fact,they can barely get out of their own way.This was especially true of the mustang GT's back in the 90's. They were decent running cars for what they were,but unless they had a lot of N2O,they were hardly what I would call fast.
  If you look at American cars that are out now,the Chrysler 300 is my pick.I am seriously considering buying one . While they are not a BMW,they are neat as f**k...sorta look like they have been chopped.
If you're in the market for a good quality European auto, give Hudsons of London a call. +44 (0)1753 648 064 Financing is available.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 12:14:45 AM »
If you're in the market for a good quality European auto, give Hudsons of London a call. +44 (0)1753 648 064 Financing is available.

hahahaha Thanks,but I am not planning on crossing the ocean anytime soon. ;)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 12:34:42 AM »
Now this is classic American MUSCLE!!

I was not allowed to own a car while in High school.My parents furnished me with a car to drive,for which I am very thankfull...but it was an 82 chevette ...My dad had bought an 85 brand new for cheap transportation to work,and decided it was the perfect(low horsepower and cheap) first car for a 16 year old boy.As if it wasn't bad enough to have to drive a chevette(it was a good clean car,but it was still a chevette)..imagine my SHAME when friends found out that my family owned not just one Chevette...BUT TWO!!. :-\ hahahaha At the end of my junior year in High school I was in a wreck and completely totaled the thing.I thought  well,at least now dad will HAVE to let me get a decent looking car...well,I was wrong.He went out and bought a new s-10 pickup for himself,and I inherited the other chevette.hahahahaha. My friends laughed their asses off when I showed up at school in another chevette.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 07:29:32 PM »
i don't own ,i drive a 5 series bmw.lease it's easier for now.

body88

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 08:26:23 PM »

If you look at American cars that are out now,the Chrysler 300 is my pick.I am seriously considering buying one . While they are not a BMW,they are neat as f**k...sorta look like they have been chopped.

Have not bought anything yet. I feel this model year is when a ton of new cars are coming out. The new m3, new camero and also the new gtr. I want to see the new supra also. The new evo x looks interesting also.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2006, 08:32:39 PM »
VR Commodore (GM)

that thing got a Hemi?

AVBG

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »
that thing got a Hemi?

Naa.. hemi's are in Chrylers Chargers . this is a pushrod V6, probably the most common domestically built Aus car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore#VR_Commodore

VR Commodore

Production: July 1993-April 1995
Engine: V6
130 kW 3.8 L: 3800 V6
V8
165 kW 5.0 L: HEC 5000i V8

Main article: Holden VR Commodore
The sleeker and more modern looking VR Commodore, with safety enhancements (such as ABS) and revised styling, was launched in 1993. From the side, the biggest change was the use of a round rear wheelarch, instead of a squared-off one on previous commodores. The VR Calais included a driver's side airbag (a first for an Australian car), ABS and IRS and was only available with an automatic transmission. The rear-end treatment saw raised lights, apparently for safety reasons. A new electronic version of the TH700 automatic transmission was introduced, the 4L60E. The VR Commodore was Wheels magazine's Car of the Year for 1993.

The VR also saw the introduction of the Commodore 'Acclaim', which was basically a safety pack that was aimed at families and placed above the Executive, it had ABS, IRS, drivers-side airbag and cruise control as standard.

The VR series are becoming increasingly popular with younger drivers, especially males, with Commodores extremely common at car yards, combined with its cheap pricetag due to its poor resale.

The VR-VS Commodores were the last to be sold as Toyota Lexcens, as Holden and Toyota ended their model-sharing.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2006, 10:37:59 PM »
Now this is classic American MUSCLE!!

I was not allowed to own a car while in High school.My parents furnished me with a car to drive,for which I am very thankfull...but it was an 82 chevette ...My dad had bought an 85 brand new for cheap transportation to work,and decided it was the perfect(low horsepower and cheap) first car for a 16 year old boy.As if it wasn't bad enough to have to drive a chevette(it was a good clean car,but it was still a chevette)..imagine my SHAME when friends found out that my family owned not just one Chevette...BUT TWO!!. :-\ hahahaha At the end of my junior year in High school I was in a wreck and completely totaled the thing.I thought  well,at least now dad will HAVE to let me get a decent looking car...well,I was wrong.He went out and bought a new s-10 pickup for himself,and I inherited the other chevette.hahahahaha. My friends laughed their asses off when I showed up at school in another chevette.

I rmemeber in high school there was this guy who was a kind of weirdo and wasn't liked that much.  One day he came to school and was telling everyone he just bought a Vette.  Well for days he was telling everyone and everyone wanted to be his freind all of a sudden so they can ride around with him I guess.  Well finally someone saw him driving around and found out it was a Chevette.  Man everyone was all over this guys shit for that