Author Topic: I have a question about CREATINE  (Read 3133 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
I have a question about CREATINE
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »
 :o

I know someone who gets very painful pumps in his forearms while working out.  I suggested creatine.  Actually, it's already helping, but what would be the best dose considering he's not taking it for the traditional reasons.  Just take it before workouts on workout days or everyday...?
:

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
Re: I have a question about CREATINE
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:58:54 PM »

but what would be the best dose considering he's not taking it for the traditional reasons....?

Creatine is clinically shown to be an anti-inflamatory at doses around the 1 gram mark... so depending on his bodyweight I'd say 1-2g.

However it sounds more like a build-up of lactic acid causing the forearm pumps and ultimately causing "muscle-lock"... this can be reduced and almost eliminated by including beta-alanine.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
i only take it on days i train, 3-5 grams post training, AST Micronized creatine, best i've ever used, never given me a bit of stomach discomfort.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
:o

I know someone who gets very painful pumps in his forearms while working out.  I suggested creatine.  Actually, it's already helping, but what would be the best dose considering he's not taking it for the traditional reasons.  Just take it before workouts on workout days or everyday...?

I would only use it on workout days

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »

However it sounds more like a build-up of lactic acid causing the forearm pumps and ultimately causing "muscle-lock"...

Which is why I recommended the creatine ~ a known lactic acid buffer.

Thanks for the tip.
:

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 12:45:22 AM »

Which is why I recommended the creatine ~ a known lactic acid buffer.

Thanks for the tip.

i would suggest beta alanine AND creatine too.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »
i only take it on days i train, 3-5 grams post training, AST Micronized creatine, best i've ever used, never given me a bit of stomach discomfort.
Best way to take creatine is 10gs when you get up from bed and 10grs after training, because it is when your anabolic window is open... other than that is just turning your piss into a very expensive one  ;)
S

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
i would suggest beta alanine AND creatine too.

Agreed!!! I've used two products that combine these two items: Phosphagen Elite and Nano Vapor.

I get the tingly hands and forearms, when I use these products.

Best way to take creatine is 10gs when you get up from bed and 10grs after training, because it is when your anabolic window is open... other than that is just turning your piss into a very expensive one  ;)

That's how you're instructed to take CELL-Tech and Crea-Tech Extreme.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 06:47:29 AM »

Hmm, think I'll give that a go from now on. I tend not to use Creatine very often but if this is the most effective way of using it then it's worth a try.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 02:54:34 AM »
\

10g is way too much, it's a waste. 3-5g will do.

With 10g you will just piss out 5-7g and get stomach problems.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 03:31:30 AM »
\

10g is way too much, it's a waste. 3-5g will do.

With 10g you will just piss out 5-7g and get stomach problems.

You are not the first one telling me that... I am not saying you are wrong, but I never had any stomach problems and when I am running cretine using this method I recover faster and gain some weight. I take the cheapest cretine I can find, mono that is... Weider Creatine
S

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 03:39:25 AM »
You are not the first one telling me that... I am not saying you are wrong, but I never had any stomach problems and when I am running cretine using this method I recover faster and gain some weight. I take the cheapest cretine I can find, mono that is... Weider Creatine

Ok, if it works for you, but i would not give out 20 per day as an advice.

6-10g on workout days is enough.  ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 06:36:36 AM »
Creatine sucks.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »
Creatine sucks.

For you, perhaps. For others, including me, creatine works well.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »
For you, perhaps. For others, including me, creatine works well.

Yes, there are a few nonresponders, but for all other people creatine is one supplement that is worth the money.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »
Yes, there are a few nonresponders, but for all other people creatine is one supplement that is worth the money.

I am a total non-responder and I have tried every variety. Waste of money and time.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 07:42:45 AM »
I am a total non-responder and I have tried every variety. Waste of money and time.

have you tried beta-Alanine?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 07:48:02 AM »

Yes. All crap.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 07:49:23 AM »
Yes. All crap.

mmm, you're funny.

What supps do you think are good?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »

I have, particularly in Phosphagen Elite and Nano Vapor, and I like it.

Although, I'm beginning to think you grow a tolerance to it, after a while. I got the tingly feeling everytime I took a serving of Elite and initially every time I took one scoop of Nano Vapor (and it was several months between trying both products).

After about 2-3 months of using up my first jug of Vapor, I bought another one. But, the feel isn't quite there. Maybe I should have stuck with Fruit Punch, instead of the Blue Raspberry kind that I currently have.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »
mmm, you're funny.

What supps do you think are good?

Protein powder (different kinds), BCCAs, L-Glutamine, Amino Tabs, Multivitamins, Fish and Flax Oil capsules...that's it. Pretty basic.

Basically all the other crap they sell is just crap to me; I don't respond and consider it (personally) a waste of money but protein is always good...
I hate the State.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »
I have, particularly in Phosphagen Elite and Nano Vapor, and I like it.

Although, I'm beginning to think you grow a tolerance to it, after a while. I got the tingly feeling everytime I took a serving of Elite and initially every time I took one scoop of Nano Vapor (and it was several months between trying both products).

After about 2-3 months of using up my first jug of Vapor, I bought another one. But, the feel isn't quite there. Maybe I should have stuck with Fruit Punch, instead of the Blue Raspberry kind that I currently have.

wouldnt matter which flavor the ingredients are the same. Problem with using a pre-workout NO product that contains creatine is the fact most pre-workout products contain caffeine which you will get tolerant of.  The Elite contained Beta-Alanine which caused your tingling feelings.
Air Falcon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »
you dont need to take creatin every day. your body recycles it. once you build up the amount9either by "loading", or by taking 3-5 grams for a week or two), you shouldnt have to take creatine again for at least another month. and then you can just take one dose every month.   

or you can continue to waste your money..

either way, doesnt bother me.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
wouldnt matter which flavor the ingredients are the same. Problem with using a pre-workout NO product that contains creatine is the fact most pre-workout products contain caffeine which you will get tolerant of.  The Elite contained Beta-Alanine which caused your tingling feelings.

That's why I mentioned the whole tolerance thing. Nano Vapor has Beta-Alanine, too. As I said, the tingly feeling came every time I used Nano Vapor the first time (Fruit punch). But, that hasn't quite happened with this jug (Blue Raspberry). And, it was at least two months between running out of the first jug and buying the second one about two weeks ago.