Author Topic: Time to talk pyramid schemes.  (Read 10485 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Time to talk pyramid schemes.
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
Michael Forrest Pleads Guilty to Selling Illegal Devices

For several years, doing business as Jaguar Enterprises, Dragonfly Enterprises, and BioElectric, S.A., Michael Forrest manufactured and marketed quack devices for treating cancer, AIDS, hepatitis, herpes, chronic fatigue syndrome, Candida yeast infections, lyme disease, parasites, gastritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. In 2001, Forrest signed an FTC consent agreement that he would not make unsubstantiated claims for any device or herbal products. However, he continued to make illegal claims on his Web sites. He even bragged that (a) "With the intuitive sense that the feds may be knocking on my door soon as a result of making claims about unapproved medical devices I moved from the USA to Costa Rica in 1999," (b) he was then in Paraguay and "out of the reach of the FTC," and (c) he had "hosted the his site "in a country that the feds could not shut it down." After an FDA investigation uncovered what Forrest was doing, he was charged with wire fraud, mail fraud, conspiring to mislead the FDA, and marketing an unapproved medical device. He pled guilty to the device charge in 2005 and in 2006 was sentenced to two years in prison.

Is this why SamsonEnterprises is so angry at America? I'm sure the Feds aren't too receptive towards anyone marketing their products under the "JaguarEnterprises" name.

What is it that makes pyramid schemes tick and why are they so successful? Lets keep it political.  ;D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Time to talk pyramid schemes.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »
He/she is avoiding this like the plague.  :D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »
holy shit is this for real?  :o
follow the arrows

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:16:56 AM »
Michael Forrest Pleads Guilty to Selling Illegal Devices

For several years, doing business as Jaguar Enterprises, Dragonfly Enterprises, and BioElectric, S.A., Michael Forrest manufactured and marketed quack devices for treating cancer, AIDS, hepatitis, herpes, chronic fatigue syndrome, Candida yeast infections, lyme disease, parasites, gastritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. In 2001, Forrest signed an FTC consent agreement that he would not make unsubstantiated claims for any device or herbal products. However, he continued to make illegal claims on his Web sites. He even bragged that (a) "With the intuitive sense that the feds may be knocking on my door soon as a result of making claims about unapproved medical devices I moved from the USA to Costa Rica in 1999," (b) he was then in Paraguay and "out of the reach of the FTC," and (c) he had "hosted the his site "in a country that the feds could not shut it down." After an FDA investigation uncovered what Forrest was doing, he was charged with wire fraud, mail fraud, conspiring to mislead the FDA, and marketing an unapproved medical device. He pled guilty to the device charge in 2005 and in 2006 was sentenced to two years in prison.

Is this why SamsonEnterprises is so angry at America? I'm sure the Feds aren't too receptive towards anyone marketing their products under the "JaguarEnterprises" name.

What is it that makes pyramid schemes tick and why are they so successful? Lets keep it political.  ;D

Actually Michael Forrest's business was called JaguarEnterprises of Santa Ana, which he ran out of Santa Ana California and Mesquite TX. He hosted his website through webspace provided to him through his isp excel communications and he never owned the TLD domain names.

There are many people who chose the name Jaguar Enterprises for their businesses... myself included, along with a Welsh dollmaker, and the Indian engineering firm that owned the .com TLD address before me, ...even the 17 yr old Houston karaoke singer who owned the .net TLD address before me.

That's part of the joy (NOT) of operating a business prior to the age of the internet. You have no idea how many people around the world have the same name as you. as soon as I came online, I sewed up as many of the TLD addresses as I thought feasible to do, in order to prevent any of the other Jaguar Enterprises from getting them. Had I known about Michael Forrests run ins with the law, let alone that he would go on to make the name so infamous, I can assure you I would have considered a business name change.

I won't complain tho, things could be worse. A friend of mine in MD shares the same name as a convicted serial rapist. It has made his dating life rather fun as you can imagine.  :D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
bump

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »
Actually Michael Forrest's business was called JaguarEnterprises of Santa Ana, which he ran out of Santa Ana California and Mesquite TX. He hosted his website through webspace provided to him through his isp excel communications and he never owned the TLD domain names.

There are many people who chose the name Jaguar Enterprises for their businesses... myself included, along with a Welsh dollmaker, and the Indian engineering firm that owned the .com TLD address before me, ...even the 17 yr old Houston karaoke singer who owned the .net TLD address before me.

That's part of the joy (NOT) of operating a business prior to the age of the internet. You have no idea how many people around the world have the same name as you. as soon as I came online, I sewed up as many of the TLD addresses as I thought feasible to do, in order to prevent any of the other Jaguar Enterprises from getting them. Had I known about Michael Forrests run ins with the law, let alone that he would go on to make the name so infamous, I can assure you I would have considered a business name change.

I won't complain tho, things could be worse. A friend of mine in MD shares the same name as a convicted serial rapist. It has made his dating life rather fun as you can imagine.  :D
LMFAO what a lying piece of shit...

"Doing business as Jaguar Enterprises of Santa Ana, a/k/a Jaguar Enterprises, he has
used the same business address and also the addresses of 1601 NW 97th Ave SJO-
1469, Miami, Florida 33102-5216 and P.O. Box 1172, Black Mountain, North
Carolina 28711."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
jagson exposed for the piece of shit he/she is....

is that why you were gone from the board for a while?

on vacation right? lmfao

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »

on vacation right? lmfao

he/she will pound the "report to mod" button as bad as a 50 yr old australian drug mule/snitch
K

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:07:16 AM »

on vacation right? lmfao

Michael Forrest was arrested and extradited from Costa Rica to be imprisoned in the USA circa 2004 / 2005.

It is NOT me. Fury knows it, as does everyone else in this thread. Your continued attempts at character assassination will not bode well for you.
w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »
Michael Forrest was arrested and extradited from Costa Rica to be imprisoned in the USA circa 2004 / 2005.

It is NOT me. Fury knows it, as does everyone else in this thread. Your continued attempts at character assassination will not bode well for you.

samson is so mad that he/she forgot to include an annoying emoticon

"will not bode well for you"  pathetic attempt at intimidation, judi
K

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »

"character assassination" LMFAO uhh your constant posts about your numerous failed businesses and the current scam you have running do more to that end than any post I will ever make.

Its obvious you have little idea about finance, currency or investments

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »
"character assassination" LMFAO uhh your constant posts about your numerous failed businesses and the current scam you have running do more to that end than any post I will ever make.

What scam am I running?  Where is the scam?
w

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
MLM's are trash and the people involved in them are also trash.
T

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »
MLM's are trash and the people involved in them are also trash.

MLMs are not pyramid schemes and the terms cannot and should not be used interchangeably.

The sooner more people realize this, and understood the very real differences between them, the sooner pyramid schemes will be routed out, and the sooner the opinions that are tossed about as facts, will no longer be based on ignorance, but will actually have some knowledge and credibility behind them.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »
MLMs are not pyramid schemes and the terms cannot and should not be used interchangeably.

The sooner more people realize this, and understood the very real differences between them, the sooner pyramid schemes will be routed out, and the sooner the opinions that are tossed about as facts, will no longer be based on ignorance, but will actually have some knowledge and credibility behind them.

Yes they are.

Penn and Teller did a whole episode of their show "Bullshit" showing just how they are.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 01:36:30 PM »

Wait were you in the Big House for 2 years?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »
Wait were you in the Big House for 2 years?

Nope
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 01:51:39 AM »
Hilarious! I laughed so hard, ...especially when she pulled out "Tom" That was priceless!  ;D

OF COURSE he couldn't call it a pyramid. The damned lawyers probably advised him not to try to exploit that aspect of the general publics ignorance or they could get their asses sued into the middle of the next century. lol.

I could take the time to rebut this... but I won't bother. I had already posted a serious thread on the matter 4 yrs ago, but it was deleted,

People are free to make all the incorrect conclusions they want.

BTW - There is a different between party-plan networking models and others.

Me personally, ...not into home parties, entertaining, and all the overhead that goes with it, ...but some people need it.

I had never heard of mancave before, ...or True Romance, ...but I betcha there's a ton of people who would love a good excuse for a night out with the boys / girls and away from the old ball & chain, ...and they get tax benefits too... they're in! If they never make a dime they won't care. They're in it for the social aspects.

Personally, if you treat it like a business, ...it'll pay you like a business.
Treat it like a hobby, ...it'll pay you like a hobby.

I'm also sure that had Penn & Teller chosen companies with better business models, their episode could not have been as comedic or sarcastic. I felt kind of sorry for the Zrii guy though. that was a terrible thing to do to such an obvious noob.

PS: Network Mktg success is not based on people, ...it's based on sales volumes, so numbers of people is completely irrelevant. Hilarious video though. Great pull Tu. Thanks for the laugh.

PPS: You do know Robert Fitzpatrick has been exposed do you not?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
w