Author Topic: BMW X6 & Land Rover LRX  (Read 11822 times)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
Re: BMW X6 & Land Rover LRX
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »
Jay Cutler just bought his wife a new BMW X6. :) The up keep on these cars can be $$. That is why I got the M5, they cover everything bumper to bumper, oil, ect, except tires.  I got the extended warrenty for 7 years or 100K miles.

???? All BMW's when bought new get the maint. program. I'm pretty sure of it unless they changed something.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
Did you just get it, because the new one comes out in about a yr. That means the value of the old one will drop like a rock. Or will you trade it in?

My favorite is still the E46 M3 and the E39 M5.

They drop like rocks either way, cars like an M5 and E63's don't hold values. I mean when new they are 90k, 1 year later 55K or so in the used market.

I've owned an E46 M3 comp package, one of the best cars ever, but wouldn't go back after the E92.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »

???? All BMW's when bought new get the maint. program. I'm pretty sure of it unless they changed something.
Yes the standard is 4 years or 50K miles.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »
Yes the standard is 4 years or 50K miles.

I see, I missread your post you got the extended warranty as well. You plan on keeping it for awhile? Next M5 comes out in 2011.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »
you must have a lovely view of it from the basement ::)

x2

My mom has this… my father has that… my father’s friend bought…   LOL  Lots of kids in this thread.  I doubt MindSpin is looking for car buying advice from getbig tweens.   ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
They drop like rocks either way, cars like an M5 and E63's don't hold values. I mean when new they are 90k, 1 year later 55K or so in the used market.

I've owned an E46 M3 comp package, one of the best cars ever, but wouldn't go back after the E92.
Yeah, but it seems like Beemas and Mercs drop hard. I've seen dudes pushing the old Bangle butt 745s like they are ballers, when they picked the car up for 30k, way down from the 90k that they were.
I liked the comp package with the BBS rims, I had looked at one right after I bought my car. I saw a guy with one who blew his engine, trying to be cool and do donuts in a McDonald's parking lot. The car is a classic, and soon it will hard to find a descent one that hasn't been molested or run into the ground, like the Supra. Why won't you go back? They are coming out with a 1 series M, who knows what it will be called, but it might be up your alley.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »
x2

My mom has this… my father has that… my father’s friend bought…   LOL  Lots of kids in this thread.  I doubt MindSpin is looking for car buying advice from getbig tweens.   ::)

lol.
w

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 05:51:07 PM »
Yeah, but it seems like Beemas and Mercs drop hard. I've seen dudes pushing the old Bangle butt 745s like they are ballers, when they picked the car up for 30k, way down from the 90k that they were.
I liked the comp package with the BBS rims, I had looked at one right after I bought my car. I saw a guy with one who blew his engine, trying to be cool and do donuts in a McDonald's parking lot. The car is a classic, and soon it will hard to find a descent one that hasn't been molested or run into the ground, like the Supra. Why won't you go back? They are coming out with a 1 series M, who knows what it will be called, but it might be up your alley.

I meant after having the E92 I couldn't bring myself back to the E46, still love it no doubt, but I'm spoiled with how smooth the ride is yet handles like it is on rails. Plus for some reason I like the steering feel of the E92 M better. Some find it to not be as tight and heavy as the 335's or the e46 M, but I think it's the perfect balance of being very civil but once the engine is revved up you get another totally different car.

As for the M1 as I think they will call it, looks impressive, might test drive one when it comes out, but when it comes to M cars I prefer naturally aspirited as opposed to turbo. Unfortunately all new M's look to be turbo one way or another. Besides where else can you find a high rev V8 that goes up to 8300 RPM that don't cost 6 figures??? I think it's a bargain.

Funny you mention the 745's. I see LOTS of them driving around and see a "purple," one quite freq. Also saw an orange one at the dealer getting serviced. I guess those 02, 03, cars are running in the 20k's, but I can't imagine the maint. and service. Some people just have NO idea what they are getting themselves into, lol!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »

I meant after having the E92 I couldn't bring myself back to the E46, still love it no doubt, but I'm spoiled with how smooth the ride is yet handles like it is on rails. Plus for some reason I like the steering feel of the E92 M better. Some find it to not be as tight and heavy as the 335's or the e46 M, but I think it's the perfect balance of being very civil but once the engine is revved up you get another totally different car.

As for the M1 as I think they will call it, looks impressive, might test drive one when it comes out, but when it comes to M cars I prefer naturally aspirited as opposed to turbo. Unfortunately all new M's look to be turbo one way or another. Besides where else can you find a high rev V8 that goes up to 8300 RPM that don't cost 6 figures??? I think it's a bargain.

Funny you mention the 745's. I see LOTS of them driving around and see a "purple," one quite freq. Also
saw an orange one at the dealer getting serviced. I guess those 02, 03, cars are running in the 20k's, but I can't imagine the maint. and service. Some people just have NO idea what they are getting themselves into, lol!
So, you have the E92 coupe, M3 or 335i? Carbonfiber roof or sunroof, 18" or the 19s? And how do you like it?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
lol.

Am I right?

Call me crazy, but something is amiss when a tween who has never owned a BMW or LandRover (or any vehicle in that class) steps up to give you car buying advice. ::)

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »
Where are the door handles on that LRX?   Looks cool ..... but I always liked the X6.

And Yem, I really like that Panamera ..... and having kids that 4 door sedan makes sense.  Price tag? Probably much more than the LRX or X6?

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
I know a couple of people that bought the new BMW....both said they loved it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »
audi is the redheaded stepchild to bmw,x6 is a very good crossover ,rear view is a little tight from back window,,turbo issues and pump.the higher end engine has 2 pumps have seen both go and then parts warranty on same work order so thats 3 pumps in 1 shop repair..otherwise no problems,brakes are noisy and have been issue for most new bmws with 20,000 or less mileage most brakes have rotor specs and 8 to 10mm left of pad and still noise ,,the brake sensors seem to touch rotor and wear ,if ur under the maint,general 50,000 ur off the hook.

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »
That S6 is bad ass - the Audi is a bit more low profile than some of the BMW and Merc competition but they are really beautiful cars.  The interiors are the standard in understated class.  I think the mid to high range Audis are underrated by the general non-car geek public.  They are seriously nice rides.

How about the Audi S6??

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »

lol

body88

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »

Mindspin is considering 70-90k cars and you post that thing? Do you honestly think he's going to load his family up into an a1 pos?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
Mindspin is considering 70-90k cars and you post that thing? Do you honestly think he's going to load his family up into an a1 pos?

Touché!  :D

But he’s not loading a family into an X6 that is for sure.  The X6 is for a single man or a childless couple—it is definitely not for a family.

body88

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
Touché!  :D

But he’s not loading a family into an X6 that is for sure.  The X6 is for a single man or a childless couple—it is definitely not for a family.

We never agree, until now. BMW all the way. Can't go wrong, imo.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »
The Beef currently drives a 2009 RR ( traded in THE BEEF's 2005 ) and a while ago sold his 2005 Boxter ( 2 cars were at the time 2 much for THE BEEF, but THE BEEF is coming back.)

THE BEEF bought 2009 RR Super Sport and will but a 2010 or 2011 boxter. If one is of the means, THE BEEF recommends the Range Rover.

THE BEEF

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »
I drive a 2008 porsche cayman S and I just purchased my first home in december.  I turned 27 yesterday.  Nice try loser.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »
How about the Audi S6??

Don't know about the S6, however I bought my wife an AudiQ7 about 12 months ago. IT is awesome, IMO it smokes the BM and LandRover (which I test drove) I found the BMW underpowered and the Landrover top heavy, sluggish and over rated.

Q7 is a true 7 seater, turbo diesel, comfortable and fast for a big car. If you are going through test drives, def check out the Audi!

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 09:32:30 PM »

Don't know about the Audi S6, however I bought my wife a white  Audi Q7 about 12 months ago.

It is awesome, IMO it smokes the BM and LandRover (which I test drove) I found the BMW underpowered and the Landrover top heavy, sluggish and over rated.

Q7 is a true 7 seater, turbo diesel, comfortable and fast for a big car. If you are going through test drives, definitely check out the Audi!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
The Q7 is too big for my needs, but the Q5 will be my next ride.  I’m waiting for a boost in fuel economy which will likely mean a hybrid (due later this year) or TDI.  The Q7 and Q5 are nice cars!  The Q5 handles great for its size with excellent fit and finish; Car and Driver ranked it #1 among the cars in its class.  :P

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2009_audi_q5_vs._2009_bmw_x3_2010_m-b_glk350_2010_volvo_xc60_2010_lexus_rx350-comparison_tests

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 09:55:21 PM »
Don't know about the S6, however I bought my wife an AudiQ7 about 12 months ago. IT is awesome, IMO it smokes the BM and LandRover (which I test drove) I found the BMW underpowered and the Landrover top heavy, sluggish and over rated.

Q7 is a true 7 seater, turbo diesel, comfortable and fast for a big car. If you are going through test drives, def check out the Audi!
Which X6 did you drive, there are 4. Hybrid, the 35, the 5, and then the X6 M, which no Q7 will smoke. And which Q7 did you drive as well.