Author Topic: BMW X6 & Land Rover LRX  (Read 11823 times)

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: BMW X6 & Land Rover LRX
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2010, 07:16:07 PM »
Love the 18"s, the 19" to me look best on the E90 4 door, for some reason. Good on you. Enjoy it. Before you think about getting those BBS, BMW had a special package that had exclusive 19 black rims, I forgot the name of the package, but it was part of BMW Individual. You could get the door mirrors blacked out as well. These 19"s were sweet, if I can I'll PM the car to you. Also they have a Competition Package coming out as well, these come with 19" BBS rims, kinda like the E46 Competition rims. If you wait, you possibly could pick them up at a BMW dealership or on eBay for cheaper.

I was about to do that with some 18" Lexus G spyder rims, until I found out how much they weigh (25 pounds), the dealer gave me one quote, and the parts dept wasn't sure if they would fit, yet they have the same 5x114 fitment. I found someone who could get them for me for $125 a wheel.

For the dude that says that Audi sucks, time now to stop being a Fanboi. If it wasn't for the RS4, BMW would have stuck with a inline 6 for the M3, but the Audi outgunned it. Merc has been putting V8s in their AMG models for yrs since the 90s, but they weren't track monsters.
Audi does have poor front/ rear weight balance, they are nose heavy. Take a look at one up close at the dealership and you'll see that the engine is way, way up front. And then their is heir Torsen derived Quattro system, that cost weigh as well. And now Audi runs Lambo and Porsche, due to Porsche being greedy.
Audi by far has the best interiors and are the class standard. The RS6, S5, S8 are great and the upcoming RS4 and RS5 might steal the M3s thunder again.
If you have ever driven the old RS4 you'll know that it is a heavy car, and the engine (same engine in the base ( R8) doesn't come alive until you get high in the revs. I like it, plus the quattro AWD gives you confidence.

Audi, has it's strengths, just like BMW and Mercedes, each one has their own character, what is good is that due to them competing against one another, they help make the others cars better.

I have owned Audi, BMW, Land Rover and Mercedes. I will stick with Mercedes for cars hands down. I give Audi credit for Bentley and the R8 but im not a fan of the late cars they are offering. Maybe its just me. The one Audi I did own gave me nothing but problems as did my Land Rover for that matter. But I will be honest I personally dont consider Audi up there with Mercedes. Thats my opinion from a owner. I have owned a few mercs and bmw's and will stick to my guns. I dont think its worth it to sit here and fight over weight or Horse power because we dont live on the track. We drive our cars for the daily commute.

As for Suv's I still stand behind Land Rover and Porsche as being the top SUV's on the road. Someone here mentioned a jeep? Thats cool but a jeep is not on the same standard as either other than from a specs standpoint. There are some people here who only will buy certain cars. I am one of those people.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 05:45:30 AM »
QFT
Just finished my weekend toy last year. 69 GTX 440 w/Sixpack option. Daily driver is 03 Cobra that i will never get rid of, but need to park before i put to many miles on it. Not into "high end" cars, if the ground dont vibrate and the car sway at idle then i dont want it.

Amen bro!

You got a sweet range it sounds like.

My DD is a 01 L is tuned to 485/560 & my toy is a 92 Formula 383 pushin mid 10's down the go road. I've got a roots in the work.
I just picked this up a few months ago also & shes a blast to drive. 08 G8-GT (Wifes)
Giving 110%

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »
I have owned Audi, BMW, Land Rover and Mercedes. I will stick with Mercedes for cars hands down. I give Audi credit for Bentley and the R8 but im not a fan of the late cars they are offering. Maybe its just me. The one Audi I did own gave me nothing but problems as did my Land Rover for that matter. But I will be honest I personally dont consider Audi up there with Mercedes. Thats my opinion from a owner. I have owned a few mercs and bmw's and will stick to my guns. I dont think its worth it to sit here and fight over weight or Horse power because we dont live on the track. We drive our cars for the daily commute.

As for Suv's I still stand behind Land Rover and Porsche as being the top SUV's on the road. Someone here mentioned a jeep? Thats cool but a jeep is not on the same standard as either other than from a specs standpoint. There are some people here who only will buy certain cars. I am one of those people.
fair enough.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:59 AM »
Had a D5 back in 1993 that I kept in LA so I didn't need to rent a car all the time.  My kids loved it. 
No Worries 4 me

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2010, 09:30:18 AM »

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2010, 11:10:54 AM »
Wow!  Look at this thing...

Mercedes Benz SCL600

w

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
Mindspit : is it true you barebacked your way into bussiness when you were young ?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
Wow!  Look at this thing...

Mercedes Benz SCL600

MS, you should know better than to post a concept car from the early 2000's.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »
MS, you should know better than to post a concept car from the early 2000's.

Duh!  :-\
w

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2010, 01:48:12 PM »
I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this has been posted but you may want to check out this site Mindspring:

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/car-ratings

Land Rover has terrible Reliability Ratings and BMW is just a bit better.

Both are pretty though.
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this has been posted but you may want to check out this site Mindspring:

Both are pretty though.

Very helpful...thanks  :-*
w

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »
Did you just get it, because the new one comes out in about a yr. That means the value of the old one will drop like a rock. Or will you trade it in?

My favorite is still the E46 M3 and the E39 M5.

that is THE M5...  just love it, I spend more time on the m5board than here hahaha

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »

Both are pretty though.

I've spent enough time in Land Rover lounges to understand that 75% percent of the people who own land rovers could care less about the cost to own: repairs,oil changes,check engine lights, 1k brake jobs.

The 25% that complain about the reliability should consider if they truly have the money to deal with one. My 07 RR S/C had its share of problems but I would buy a new one without thinking twice. If you have money to burn then get one. The odds of owning a land rover that doesnt have problems is very slim.

io856

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2010, 10:22:45 PM »
just fyi ever since viewing this thread a couple of days ago the LRX has been giving me wet dreams

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2010, 03:05:53 AM »
just saw the 2011 SLS AMG at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week....WOW

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 08:27:08 AM »
just fyi ever since viewing this thread a couple of days ago the LRX has been giving me wet dreams

have you seen the videos on their site?  pretty sweet!
w

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »
I've spent enough time in Land Rover lounges to understand that 75% percent of the people who own land rovers could care less about the cost to own: repairs,oil changes,check engine lights, 1k brake jobs.

The 25% that complain about the reliability should consider if they truly have the money to deal with one. My 07 RR S/C had its share of problems but I would buy a new one without thinking twice. If you have money to burn then get one. The odds of owning a land rover that doesnt have problems is very slim.

Even though I really like the look of the LR I think the inconvenience of the need for frequent repair would be enough to steer me away not to mention the constant wondering if some check engine light is going to come on when in the middle of a road trip.
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »
Even though I really like the look of the LR I think the inconvenience of the need for frequent repair would be enough to steer me away not to mention the constant wondering if some check engine light is going to come on when in the middle of a road trip.
X2 damn a check engine light.

Magnus Greel

• Getbig II
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2010, 09:09:25 AM »

The Range rover shits all over the BMW X6, check out the top gear episode where jeremy clarkson rips the x6 to shreds. The X6 gets stuck on a hill and he brings a Range rover to pull it out.

If however your not interested in off road performance, and just want a posers "4x4" then the X6 is the best choice. Nothing more than performance road car with a stupid bodyshell.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2010, 09:58:59 AM »

The Range rover shits all over the BMW X6, check out the top gear episode where jeremy clarkson rips the x6 to shreds. The X6 gets stuck on a hill and he brings a Range rover to pull it out.

If however your not interested in off road performance, and just want a posers "4x4" then the X6 is the best choice. Nothing more than performance road car with a stupid bodyshell.

Ha ha ha!  Great call!

w