Author Topic: BMW X6 & Land Rover LRX  (Read 11837 times)

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: BMW X6 & Land Rover LRX
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
I just traded in my 07 RR Sport S/C it was a very nice car. Turned heads and had alot of power. But it does require attention. Random alerts and lights will come up from time to time. It will have to go back to the dealer at least every 90 days to 6 months. Front brakes cost about a G to replace. I didnt really care. I have also owned various BMW's 7 series M series. Ect ect. I wouldnt get a BMW suv no way.

Bottom Line:

2010 Range Rover or Sport Super Charged or Porsche Cayenne Turbo

There are no other 2 Suv's with the performance and power. Once you drive either of these its impossible to consider anything less. If you cant afford it then thats a different story. As for cars I still have a CLS55 AMG and have no reason to get rid of it. Maybe trade it in for a low mile S65 or CL63.

When it comes to good luxury cars then go with the best. Get a warranty and dont waste time thinking about it.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 10:30:44 PM »

There are no other 2 Suv's with the performance and power. Once you drive either of these its impossible to consider anything less. If you cant afford it then thats a different story. As for cars I still have a CLS55 AMG and have no reason to get rid of it. Maybe trade it in for a low mile S65 or CL63.

sexiest car on the road. the 55 may be a little out of touch dollar wise in comparison to the X6, but if i had a choice between the X6 and a CLS 550 i'd have to take the CLS.
b

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:22 PM »
sexiest car on the road. the 55 may be a little out of touch dollar wise in comparison to the X6, but if i had a choice between the X6 and a CLS 550 i'd have to take the CLS.

Thats why I still hold onto it for now. The new body is comming some time next year. So I'll either pass it to a family member or trade it in. I love the CLS its just smaller than shit. Protein farts stink it up in miliseconds.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
The Q7 is too big for my needs, but the Q5 will be my next ride.  I’m waiting for a boost in fuel economy which will likely mean a hybrid (due later this year) or TDI.  The Q7 and Q5 are nice cars!  The Q5 handles great for its size with excellent fit and finish; Car and Driver ranked it #1 among the cars in its class.  :P

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2009_audi_q5_vs._2009_bmw_x3_2010_m-b_glk350_2010_volvo_xc60_2010_lexus_rx350-comparison_tests

Audi sucks next. Sorry man but someones gotta throw some truth down. Ok the new LED headlights look cool but Mercedes already has them for 2010. The only thing related to Audi that is cool is the R8.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »
I'll just stick to my Bentley Azure.
No doubt about it...

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »
Which X6 did you drive, there are 4. Hybrid, the 35, the 5, and then the X6 M, which no Q7 will smoke. And which Q7 did you drive as well.

No I drove the land rover not the BMW, I have driven several X5s but not X6s. They look good on the road but I am not a fan of BMW in general.

Not a fan of Porsches in general but love their Cayenne turbo which I have driven, Wow!

The Q7 we bought is a 2009 4.2 turbo diesel with all the bits, sunroof, keyless entry, sports pack and electrics, bluetooth, gps etc, etc.

No regrets, I only get to drive it on sunday's but my wife loves it and it is so safe and comfortable for the kids.  The rst of the time I drive a shitbox ford transit van from gym to gym.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 11:53:49 PM »
i still have my '86 Range Rover and a '99 BMW....they're both fine vehicles.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »
Audi sucks next. Sorry man but someones gotta throw some truth down. Ok the new LED headlights look cool but Mercedes already has them for 2010. The only thing related to Audi that is cool is the R8.

Not a real fan of Merc suv but love their top end fat sports cars.

When I bought the Audi Q7 the dealer promised he would give me a R8 for a few days and some months later he came through. It was the most exhilirating 3 days of my driving life. The first night I went to bed with a headache from the g forces, next night went to bed ready to throw up form the cornering. The 3rd night I took my wife out for a romantic dinner and slept like a baby.

Before you say pics or it didn't happen, here's some pics.

The worst thing was giving it back. ???

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
So, you have the E92 coupe, M3 or 335i? Carbonfiber roof or sunroof, 18" or the 19s? And how do you like it?

M3, but I love the 335i, I would recommend other than the fuel pump failures. New one coming out has DCT and more horsepower, I think it's the M sport plus 335 IS.

As for the M3 it is a 09, Melbourne Red, black, DCT, 18's, Nav, etc.. 100% stock, but thinking coil overs, and maybe some BBS LM-R wheels or HRE.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »
x2

My mom has this… my father has that… my father’s friend bought…   LOL  Lots of kids in this thread.  I doubt MindSpin is looking for car buying advice from getbig tweens.   ::)
haha ok buddy. I drive a porsche, mom drives an x5, brothers got a 335 and dads got a ml63.  I've got some experience in higher end cars.  What do you dirve your sore ass around in?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 07:09:38 AM »

If you are happy in your car... more power to you.  (or are you another getbig tween giving car buying advice about vehicles he could never afford)  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 07:18:14 AM »
I just traded in my 07 RR Sport S/C it was a very nice car. Turned heads and had alot of power. But it does require attention. Random alerts and lights will come up from time to time. It will have to go back to the dealer at least every 90 days to 6 months. Front brakes cost about a G to replace. I didnt really care. I have also owned various BMW's 7 series M series. Ect ect. I wouldnt get a BMW suv no way.

Bottom Line:

2010 Range Rover or Sport Super Charged or Porsche Cayenne Turbo

There are no other 2 Suv's with the performance and power. Once you drive either of these its impossible to consider anything less. If you cant afford it then thats a different story. As for cars I still have a CLS55 AMG
and have no reason to get rid of it. Maybe trade it in for a low mile S65 or CL63.

When it comes to good luxury cars then go with the best. Get a warranty and dont waste time thinking
about it.
RR has far worse qaulity than any BMW. The Jeep SRT8 has the RR S/C number on the road, way better numbers. And the X5 M and X6 M have the Cayenne's number, in fact they are faster around the 'Ring than a E46 M3. When all this snow melts I want to test drive one.

Cayenne looks like a bloated bullfrog. The only one to get is the Turbo S.

You stated SUVs then cars...
CLS is sexy, but both the CLS63 and CL63 have air suspension and can't handle. I saw one (CLS63 AMG) a year ago fish tailing in and out of traffic, it is nowhere near as a stable as a M5, which was bred for the track, and has proper suspension. Also with air suspension there is the problem of it going out in time. It's good for a smooth ride and a straight line. That's it.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 07:29:07 AM »
Roger the Car Salesman: My name's Roger, Sir. May I be of some help?
Memphis: That's funny, my name's Roger... Two Rogers don't make a right.
Memphis: Roger, I have a problem...
Roger the Car Salesman: Yes?
Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.
Roger the Car Salesman: Well, a LR,RR,BMW, MERC would certainly change that.
Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw all of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 Chevy SS V-8
Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.
Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.
Giving 110%

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 07:37:09 AM »
If you are happy in your car... more power to you.  (or are you another getbig tween giving car buying advice about vehicles he could never afford)  ::)
Probably a smart move to avoid my question.  Save yourself the embarrassment.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »
M3, but I love the 335i, I would recommend other than the fuel pump failures. New one coming out has DCT and more horsepower, I think it's the M sport plus 335 IS.

As for the M3 it is a 09, Melbourne Red, black, DCT, 18's, Nav, etc.. 100% stock, but thinking coil overs, and maybe some BBS LM-R wheels or HRE.
Love the 18"s, the 19" to me look best on the E90 4 door, for some reason. Good on you. Enjoy it. Before you think about getting those BBS, BMW had a special package that had exclusive 19 black rims, I forgot the name of the package, but it was part of BMW Individual. You could get the door mirrors blacked out as well. These 19"s were sweet, if I can I'll PM the car to you. Also they have a Competition Package coming out as well, these come with 19" BBS rims, kinda like the E46 Competition rims. If you wait, you possibly could pick them up at a BMW dealership or on eBay for cheaper.

I was about to do that with some 18" Lexus G spyder rims, until I found out how much they weigh (25 pounds), the dealer gave me one quote, and the parts dept wasn't sure if they would fit, yet they have the same 5x114 fitment. I found someone who could get them for me for $125 a wheel.

For the dude that says that Audi sucks, time now to stop being a Fanboi. If it wasn't for the RS4, BMW would have stuck with a inline 6 for the M3, but the Audi outgunned it. Merc has been putting V8s in their AMG models for yrs since the 90s, but they weren't track monsters.
Audi does have poor front/ rear weight balance, they are nose heavy. Take a look at one up close at the dealership and you'll see that the engine is way, way up front. And then their is heir Torsen derived Quattro system, that cost weigh as well. And now Audi runs Lambo and Porsche, due to Porsche being greedy.
Audi by far has the best interiors and are the class standard. The RS6, S5, S8 are great and the upcoming RS4 and RS5 might steal the M3s thunder again.
If you have ever driven the old RS4 you'll know that it is a heavy car, and the engine (same engine in the base ( R8) doesn't come alive until you get high in the revs. I like it, plus the quattro AWD gives you confidence.

Audi, has it's strengths, just like BMW and Mercedes, each one has their own character, what is good is that due to them competing against one another, they help make the others cars better.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
Personally, I'd still go for one of these...most bang for your buck in that class even though it has lost some of its lustre over the years

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
Anyone have thoughts on either of these?  I'm starting to think about a new car and these seem interesting...

You used to be against buying such cars.  Why the change?

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 10:44:47 AM »
x2

My mom has this… my father has that… my father’s friend bought…   LOL  Lots of kids in this thread.  I doubt MindSpin is looking for car buying advice from getbig tweens.   ::)

sorry Bay, do parents have to stop owning cars when their kids leave their adolescence behind? Or are you playing your seniority for all it's worth? ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
sorry Bay, do parents have to stop owning cars when their kids leave their adolescence behind? Or are you playing your seniority for all it's worth? ;)

Any one of us here can post a message about the ownership experience of our father’s brother’s uncle’s sister from 10 years ago when we were in high school, but is that really the point?

I won’t presume to speak for him, but I suspect MindSpin wanted to hear from people who actually owned a BMW or a LandRover or was otherwise very familiar with either make.  It’s perfectly understandable why a tween wouldn’t meet this qualification… but offering car advice based on five year old information about a car you didn’t even own… is a bit of a stretch.

I know we are all into bodybuilding here, but adult and kids can’t always play in the same sandbox.  ;)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 11:40:53 AM »
You used to be against buying such cars.  Why the change?

I'm not sure I've ever said I'm against buying luxury cars.  What I have said, is that it is foolish to buy or lease a car that you cannot afford.  I have to laugh at guys who live in some crummy condo but drive around in a leased BMW. 

My house is paid off, I have no debt, my kids won't have to worry about paying for college and my retirement nest egg is very healthy.  Whatever car I buy will be paid for in cash, and it won't be to impress anyone or reach some sort of "status".  I like my cars like my women: a pleasure to look at and drive  :D
w

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 01:38:35 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever said I'm against buying luxury cars.  What I have said, is that it is foolish to buy or lease a car that you cannot afford.  I have to laugh at guys who live in some crummy condo but drive around in a leased BMW. 

My house is paid off, I have no debt, my kids won't have to worry about paying for college and my retirement nest egg is very healthy.  Whatever car I buy will be paid for in cash, and it won't be to impress anyone or reach some sort of "status".  I like my cars like my women: a pleasure to look at and drive  :D

:)

THE BEEF

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
Any one of us here can post a message about the ownership experience of our father’s brother’s uncle’s sister from 10 years ago when we were in high school, but is that really the point?

I won’t presume to speak for him, but I suspect MindSpin wanted to hear from people who actually owned a BMW or a LandRover or was otherwise very familiar with either make.  It’s perfectly understandable why a tween wouldn’t meet this qualification… but offering car advice based on five year old information about a car you didn’t even own… is a bit of a stretch.

I know we are all into bodybuilding here, but adult and kids can’t always play in the same sandbox.  ;)

You drive a 328.  Why are you posting in this thread?  It's about high end SUVs.  Not starter BMWs.

hossie59

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 03:14:07 PM »
Roger the Car Salesman: My name's Roger, Sir. May I be of some help?
Memphis: That's funny, my name's Roger... Two Rogers don't make a right.
Memphis: Roger, I have a problem...
Roger the Car Salesman: Yes?
Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.
Roger the Car Salesman: Well, a LR,RR,BMW, MERC would certainly change that.
Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw all of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 Chevy SS V-8
Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.
Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

QFT
Just finished my weekend toy last year. 69 GTX 440 w/Sixpack option. Daily driver is 03 Cobra that i will never get rid of, but need to park before i put to many miles on it. Not into "high end" cars, if the ground dont vibrate and the car sway at idle then i dont want it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:14 PM »
Anyone have thoughts on either of these?  I'm starting to think about a new car and these seem interesting...

.  My brothers friend leased LandRover and had nothing but problems with , it went backto the dealer so many times he got out of the lease! He did get another Land Rover and so far so good. So maybe it was just a bad apple

Bmw's are usually rock solid

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »

I think that shoe fits on you. Sorry but it must be sad being a middle class gay when queers are notorious for liking the finer things in life. Not everyone here has to lie. There are some people out there that do well enough financially to have these things. Sorry I still dont like Audi.