Author Topic: Bob "Chic" - regarding police officers and respecting bodybuilders  (Read 12595 times)

rush223

• Getbig II
Bob,

As a longtime reader of this site for some years now I decided to register after reading more and more. I retired as a police officer today as a matter of fact, and read one of the topics about a subject being subdued with a taser. To my surprise I saw all the hatred for law enforcement which I can understand some, but I was shocked at the level displayed. Most of the guys I worked with really respect bodybuilders and the iron game if you will. I was a bit dismayed by all the negatives against the cops. Sure law enforcement busts people for roids, but if they are there what is one to do? We don't hunt them down. Maybe DEA or other feds. Never saw any cop ever take any drugs from a search warrant or anywhere else for that matter. Guys like that do stuff like that around other dirty pricks. Like any place else the dirt hang with the dirt. In other words dirty people do things around others that do the same. Small minority of cops. Trust me. They are there, but few.

My 1st point is yeah there are guys that give us guys (the 90%'s) a bad name, but we do not go out and wish to rough people up. The 10% are unable to restrain and handle their fear, their love of power etc.. The majority of us are just like all of you, a bunch of ball busters that really are out to do the right thing. We don't want to fight all the time and risk injuries and load tickets on people. Many of you would be surprised we are just like you guys. Some juice and many do not. All jobs have the same amount of dicks. We just get more attention and maybe deservedly so.  Bob, my 2nd point is thank you for your level headed thinking when it came to the aforementioned video.

We go to scenes where there are guns involved and if someone does not show their hands or whatever, then yeah it can get ugly and look bad. Police work is not graceful and it can get violent, but I can tell you this, if someone complies the 90%'s with put the cuffs on you without incident. Videos do not tell the whole story guys. We get lots of info beforehand and until you've been there you can't judge and be 100% spot on with your opinion. I don't know if those cops were right or wrong. I was not there and I never make judgment unless I'm there, cause I did the job for years and gained some wisdom along the way.

Bob and the others that made some sound comments I appreciate it. For the others that do not trust or do not like cops I hope that you understand that the 90%'s hate that the 10%'s have messed up our image and goal toward the public. I get such a kick out of reading these forums that it made me laugh when I got home from a horrible shift and I had many ugly scenes in my head from work. This forum at times has been pretty good therapy if you will. Bob, I think you have a good idea what cops are like having been through the police academy. Always a pleasure my friend. Today was my last day on the job and hopefully bigger and much better days lie ahead. Take care brothers.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Re: Bob "Chic"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »
Pretty epic first post
U

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bob "Chic" - regarding police officers and respecting bodybuilders
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:36:45 PM »

Actually, I have some good friends that are police officers, and enjoy the sport of bodybuilding, and respect the job.  95% of police officers are cool.

But, like many things, the few tend to ruin it for others.   On the power trip, busting people because of looks good and an easy 'bust' reg steroids  for personal use and more instead of going after hardcore criminals and violent offenders.

So yes, many people respect police officers, but like anything, a few ruin it.

As for competitors, quite a few compete!  I happened to take pics at the Police Games in Santa Clarita a few years back, and that was a great experience!  30-40 bodybuilders who liked working out, and competing.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:50:02 PM »
pretty sure bob was just talking out of his ass when he posted in that tazer thread
ive heard from a few sources that bob was a mall security guard who always wanted to be a real cop
w

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
LEO's are people too.

It's about that simple.

Justice can live in anyone.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
Bob,

As a longtime reader of this site for some years now I decided to register after reading more and more. I retired as a police officer today as a matter of fact, and read one of the topics about a subject being subdued with a taser. To my surprise I saw all the hatred for law enforcement which I can understand some, but I was shocked at the level displayed. Most of the guys I worked with really respect bodybuilders and the iron game if you will. I was a bit dismayed by all the negatives against the cops. Sure law enforcement busts people for roids, but if they are there what is one to do? We don't hunt them down. Maybe DEA or other feds. Never saw any cop ever take any drugs from a search warrant or anywhere else for that matter. Guys like that do stuff like that around other dirty pricks. Like any place else the dirt hang with the dirt. In other words dirty people do things around others that do the same. Small minority of cops. Trust me. They are there, but few.

My 1st point is yeah there are guys that give us guys (the 90%'s) a bad name, but we do not go out and wish to rough people up. The 10% are unable to restrain and handle their fear, their love of power etc.. The majority of us are just like all of you, a bunch of ball busters that really are out to do the right thing. We don't want to fight all the time and risk injuries and load tickets on people. Many of you would be surprised we are just like you guys. Some juice and many do not. All jobs have the same amount of dicks. We just get more attention and maybe deservedly so.  Bob, my 2nd point is thank you for your level headed thinking when it came to the aforementioned video.

We go to scenes where there are guns involved and if someone does not show their hands or whatever, then yeah it can get ugly and look bad. Police work is not graceful and it can get violent, but I can tell you this, if someone complies the 90%'s with put the cuffs on you without incident. Videos do not tell the whole story guys. We get lots of info beforehand and until you've been there you can't judge and be 100% spot on with your opinion. I don't know if those cops were right or wrong. I was not there and I never make judgment unless I'm there, cause I did the job for years and gained some wisdom along the way.

Bob and the others that made some sound comments I appreciate it. For the others that do not trust or do not like cops I hope that you understand that the 90%'s hate that the 10%'s have messed up our image and goal toward the public. I get such a kick out of reading these forums that it made me laugh when I got home from a horrible shift and I had many ugly scenes in my head from work. This forum at times has been pretty good therapy if you will. Bob, I think you have a good idea what cops are like having been through the police academy. Always a pleasure my friend. Today was my last day on the job and hopefully bigger and much better days lie ahead. Take care brothers.

Appreciate the comments, sir...

My ain point to the uninformed, is that viewing a 2 in clip on the internet doesnt always tell the whole story...and 99% of the time, if the subject would simply follow the command given by the officer, the situation is resolved without incident.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Appreciate the comments, sir...

My ain point to the uninformed, is that viewing a 2 in clip on the internet doesnt always tell the whole story...and 99% of the time, if the subject would simply follow the command given by the officer, the situation is resolved without incident.

Please explain why you didn't choose 98% Bob

If you can't, then admit to throwing out arbitrary numbers backed up by zero evidence

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:45:26 PM »

If you can't, then admit to throwing out arbitrary numbers backed up by zero evidence

It illustrates a point, which was obviously lost on you....

As usual

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 07:51:01 PM »

Don't forget to ask the same of the site owner.  Behold!

Actually, I have some good friends that are police officers, and enjoy the sport of bodybuilding, and respect the job.  95% of police officers are cool.

But, like many things, the few tend to ruin it for others.   On the power trip, busting people because of looks good and an easy 'bust' reg steroids  for personal use and more instead of going after hardcore criminals and violent offenders.

So yes, many people respect police officers, but like anything, a few ruin it.

As for competitors, quite a few compete!  I happened to take pics at the Police Games in Santa Clarita a few years back, and that was a great experience!  30-40 bodybuilders who liked working out, and competing.

Don't think this means I don't think highly of you, I do.  I also think highly of Bob.

I'm Reeves, the Magic Mulatto™ and I approve this message.  Later Magoo.

rush223

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
Bob,

That discussion compelled me to register on Getbig, which is very unlike me. I sit and observe and am very entertained by the topics here, but I wanted to just say thanks. You are 100% right. A 2 minute video tells very little. Just like going to a crime scene or a call. What appears to be obvious can change real quick after getting all sides of the story. I am not quick to judge after years of seeing a lot of people and interviews. I will go back to reading and probably won't hear from me again, so again thank you Bob and take care my friend. Funny friggin' site.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »
Ron, how can you say 95% of policemen are "cool"? Ever had false charges levied against you? Ever been pulled over by a dickhead? Ever had evidence planted in your car? Cops suck. They are mostly scumbags and if they don't start that way they end up that way. 95% douchebags.
(

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »
Definitely needs to be more respect for police, like these, who work hard to keep steroids off the street.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
Lose the "code" and then maybe we can start talking about respect. Cops lie under oath every day there in court. The system is so corrupt that its become obvious that the judge is also in on it. How can anyone respect Liars? Even if they think they're lying for the good of the people.

Pro bodybuilders also lie almost everyday about drug use. They too think their doing it for the good of the people. 

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »
Yep, we have some juicers. Worked with a guy that was jacked and we never had to call for back up when in a fight. I have nothing against people that choose to enhance their life with hormones. I feel the laws are tainted in that chaz bono can get testosterone to become a man, yet a man is breaking the law if he does it without vast documentation. I realize some cops give the majority a bad name. They are the minority, trust me. My point is we have to enforce laws that may seem trivial, but they are there for a reason. We don't like to enforce parking, traffic etc.. A lot goes into being a cop and until you've been there you will not understand. When you ride with the guys for a week, you will be a changed person with an understanding of why we do what we do.

i have said this before and will say it again. nothing wrong with cops juicing. if my family is trouble and i am not there give me a 300lb juiced to the gills cop in great shape to come to there rescue
irongearco.com

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
Bob,

Hi Bob

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:06 PM »
Cops should not juice when against the law. How can you respect a police force that breaks the very laws they are trying to uphold?
It's called corruption. Cops who juice and break the law should be punished much more severely than John Juicer off the street.  

My point is we have to enforce laws that may seem trivial, but they are there for a reason. We don't like to enforce parking, traffic etc..

And enforcement should start within first.

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 04:39:39 AM »
Definitely needs to be more respect for police, like these, who work hard to keep steroids off the street.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:15 AM »
Be honest Bob, did you really do steroids?  :-\

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »
Rush,

Nice first post.  I am not going to finger point or bad mouth because that is not my thing either.  I do want to state some observations though.  Most cops in my experience, are on a power trip.  Down to earth, sure.  Are some nice guys with good families? Sure.  My ex of 3 years father was a police chief.  However, something about when the uniform goes on, gives all of you guys a power trip.  I've felt it myself.  I used to bounce at a high end night club and for whatever reason, when the suit would go on and the ear piece would go in, you felt a bit more powerful.  Whether it is because cops have the whole force and legal system by their side or they get a hard on for intimidating people, something about the position induces a napoleon like power complex.  

I knew an italian kid in college who was always trying to be a tough guy but whenever he would step on the wrong toes, he'd get his ass kicked.  Now, he's a cop... of course!  Now I see him on his facebook page making postings about "keeping the streets clean from the gorillas in harlem" and other obnoxious shit like that when meanwhile if he was thrown out on the street as a normal guy, he'd be getting his ass kicked like he was back in college.  

It's similar to the fraternity effect.  A kid who is in a frat can go around campus and be laughed at by everyone, however when friday night rolls around, and it's time to party, and he is in his frat house, he is well respected and acts like he is the man, even if he would never get that respect otherwise.  Cops, same thing.  Uniform goes on, and they get the power and respect that they would most likely never get in life if it wasn't for their position held, and if someone tries to question that power, well, then as we all know, cops love to flex that badge and the legal system they have supporting it whether they are right or wrong.

My point is, that although maybe only 10% of cops are corrupt and many are really good guys, most, if not all cops that I have encountered, have a power complex of some sort and it shows in and out of their daily life from the time the uniform goes on until it is taken off.  Hey, I'm a bodybuilder (IE. I'm a drug addict), and we have plenty of issues our selves as you know if you have read this board.  Bodybuilders are drug addicts and cops have a power complex.  We all have issues, but let's accept them for what they are.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »
why would anyone hate officers of the peace  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
Most people like and respect cops. Most cops deserve their like and respect. However there is a small minority of people who hate cops and a small minority of cops who deserve the hate. You'll find it is no different on Getbig. Take the "Police State official thread" It's become nothing but a place for one or two cop haters to bash cops. There is no discussing the issue with them, they just aren't all that rational.

Appreciate your post and the service you did for your community.

Ag

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
the cop said 10%, Ron said 5% are "bad".  Out of 800,000 cops out there, that would give us somewhere between 40,000 and 80,000 assholes with batons and guns who get off on fucking up people and their lives.

i hope the number's less.
Deep Tissue Massage

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »
the cop said 10%, Ron said 5% are "bad".  Out of 800,000 cops out there, that would give us somewhere between 40,000 and 80,000 assholes with batons and guns who get off on fucking up people and their lives.

Hard to say MBP, I know it differs from department to department depending on many things. We have about 1700 sworn officers here, and usually throughout the year you can count on 1 or 2 doing something criminal like giving a prostitute his wife's Harley Davidson boots and warning her of pending warrants (true story) to using excessive force in a situation etc etc. The atmosphere for bad cops is not conducive to a long career here and not tolerated. If I had to guess based on what I've seen personally and read from civil service letters when they are disciplined or terminated, probably less than 20 on the department at any given time.

not all departments have cameras and reporting requirements of use of force that are pretty rigid so like I said, it varies. Couple that with recruiting criteria, training and pay and expectations set forth by management, and you can minimize the bad ones.     

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:37 PM »
Hard to say MBP, I know it differs from department to department depending on many things. We have about 1700 sworn officers here, and usually throughout the year you can count on 1 or 2 doing something criminal like giving a prostitute his wife's Harley Davidson boots and warning her of pending warrants (true story) to using excessive force in a situation etc etc. The atmosphere for bad cops is not conducive to a long career here and not tolerated. If I had to guess based on what I've seen personally and read from civil service letters when they are disciplined or terminated, probably less than 20 on the department at any given time.

not all departments have cameras and reporting requirements of use of force that are pretty rigid so like I said, it varies. Couple that with recruiting criteria, training and pay and expectations set forth by management, and you can minimize the bad ones.     

two of my best friends are cops, one in one of the worst cities in America, and I could easily see them blowing their lid, as we've all had short tempers as kids.  but so far, both have shown themselves to be examplary cops; maybe the stint in the marine corps straightened them out.

i'm not gonna bash cops as it's a shitty job with little payoff, but they know damn well what they're getting themselves into (or do they?) to take on the job.

the stress never gets better, and with the generation nothingness / generation "i will put you on youtube" i myself would be tempted to pull some of these kids around the corner and face fuck them with my elbow. 

but it just can't be done, and for the amount of times it does happen, it's actually not that bad.  but unfortunately, when it does happen, it's almost always an extreme case.  it's hardly ever someone complaining they got slapped by a cap; it's always shit like that guy up top who got his skull kicked in.
Deep Tissue Massage

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »

it is less...much less.  There are a few bad apples in every walk of like, bad doctors, lawyers, politicians, priests, etc...