Author Topic: BMW X4 vs Porsche Macan  (Read 4371 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
BMW X4 vs Porsche Macan
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:58:38 AM »
A smaller version of the X6 vs a sort of smaller version of the Cayenne
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955178

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: BMW X4 vs Porsche Macan
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »

wow, I'm impressed that for once a Porsche is actually giving better bang for your buck (comparing the Macan S to the X4 3.5), they're pretty much the same price - although I bet with a few options the Porsche price will exceed the X4's with options.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:11:02 AM »
This is the equivalent to the 212 division.
wow, I'm impressed that for once a Porsche is actually giving better bang for your buck (comparing the Macan S to the X4 3.5), they're pretty much the same price - although I bet with a few options the Porsche price will exceed the X4's with options.
Fully loaded it's been said that the Porsche Macan Turbo is 95k.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »

I'll take the X4, all the way......it's a nice design by BMW. it seems that the buyers are the typical mid-20s, early 30's crowd in my area......and these X4s prices are not bad, but X6s are way freaking overpriced

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
wtf

this car must be trashed now, the engine full of sand the paint etc,,,?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:18:56 AM »

I'll take the X4, all the way......it's a nice design by BMW. it seems that the buyers are the typical mid-20s, early 30's crowd in my area......and these X4s are not cheap at all
they both look good. I'd favor the Macan, but as you said, for the money X4 you have a very good alternative.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
they both look good. I'd favor the Macan, but as you said, for the money X4 you have a very good alternative.

someone said in a magazine that the Porche Cayenne was a disappointment as compared to it's competitors.....maybe too many people confused them with the VW and think they're just the exact same SUV....hahahaha......I see lots of good used Cayenne, 19k miles going for 55K+

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
This is the equivalent to the 212 division.Fully loaded it's been said that the Porsche Macan Turbo is 95k.

Yeah but if you get a non-Turbo Macan with some options but not "fully loaded" it'll probably be just a bit more than a fully loaded X4 3.5.  

Either way in this segment I'd pick the Range Rover Evoque over both.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
Yeah but if you get a non-Turbo Macan with some options but not "fully loaded" it'll probably be just a bit more than a fully loaded X4 3.5.  

Either way in this segment I'd pick the Range Rover Evoque over both.
there will apparently be a level under the Turbo called "GTS".

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
Ugly as shit, both of them.

Why is BMW giving us this, the hideous 3 gt and the even worse 5 gt?

Long, overly heavy grocery getters with no real practical space in the back for the extra length.

Are the majority of American buyers really that retarded that they want these things instead of a 3 or 5  35i wagon with m package? Or does BMW marketing just think we are?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 09:41:12 AM »

Long, overly heavy grocery getters with no real practical space in the back for the extra length.

Are the majority of American buyers really that retarded that they want these things instead of a 3 or 5  35i wagon with m package? Or does BMW marketing just think we are?
decent everyday car

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 09:44:05 AM »
Porsche's price ranges are some of the most absurd.  The Panamara starts at $80K and goes up to $220K.  What the fuck!  Basically more than double the cost to get the super version of the car.  Cayenne is no different.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
Porsche's price ranges are some of the most absurd.  The Panamara starts at $80K and goes up to $220K.  What the fuck!  Basically more than double the cost to get the super version of the car.  Cayenne is no different.
mercedes a class prince range is pretty bizarre as well 25k € to 50k€  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »

The answer is greed. Watch, they will come out with an X2.
And they have gotten eve worse. The even numbers are supposed to be coupe versions of the 4 door cars, and coupe-like versions of the SUVs. But, now they have a 228 Active Tourer coming out, which is basically a FWD minivan. Now, they just debuted the 228 and M235i RWD coupes, so what does the FWD minivan have I common with the cars? Nothing, save for the engine.

There is marketing guy who posts on that forum that I got the link from. He was saying that the M2 was going to have a 4 cylinder turbo, and now he says that, that vehicle is meant to be an entry level enthusiast car like a 2002tii, and when people called him on it, he never came back to thread.
BMW's Marketing dept seems to be running the show.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
if only they'd come out with an SUV that competes with the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade in size...  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »
if only they'd come out with an SUV that competes with the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade in size...  :-\
Your wish may come true. There has been spotted in traffic and camoed up, what some say is the X7.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 11:55:35 AM »
decent everyday car

Yeah I like the look of the V6 2015 c-class wagon

however I highly doubt we'll get it here in the US.

People here feel they must have something that gets worse gas milage, costs more, handles far worse and has less cargo space - but has a Commanding Driving position.

I don't get the mini-SUV attachment here, those high end euro wagons drive the same as the cars, get better milage and do a great 0-60... the new 328i wagon shits all over the equivalent x1/3 28i models and drives like an actual car.. but they don't sell

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »

People here feel they must have something that gets worse gas milage, costs more, handles far worse and has less cargo space - but has a Commanding Driving position.

I don't get the mini-SUV attachment here, those high end euro wagons drive the same as the cars, get better milage and do a great 0-60... the new 328i wagon shits all over the equivalent x1/3 28i models and drives like an actual car.. but they don't sell
I like wagons, but wagons tend to remind gen X and Yers of the station wagons from the 80s to early 90s...and the mini SUVs sit higher, and have "style" and that is about it.

The problem is that these companies are creating niches and then other companies make competitors to those cars. Which means that there are more choices to pick from. But, where does it all end?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »

By the way, here is the upcoming BMW minivan called the 2 Series Active Tourer
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954286