Author Topic: Best Horror Movies  (Read 36030 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Best Horror Movie
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
1978 Dawn Of The Dead is the best zombie movie ever in my opinion, it has everything... The 2004 remake was decent but not even close, plus i fucking hate running zombies...
Definitely, a classic and I hate Zombie movies.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
Another movie that my daughters convinced me to rent a few years ago, is Drag me to Hell. Very well done much better than I expected.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2014, 11:28:49 AM »
IMO, one of the best trailers in horror movie history.  And the tagline at the end is pure genius.

Yeah, eventhough the 2nd one by James Cameron was even better. Aliens was one of the few franchise where the sequel was better than the original. The 2nd one was decades ahead of it's time.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
Is Christine considered horror? Either way, that one scared me too as a kid.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »
Oh, lovely. Especially enjoyed the exquisite shit feast.

That movie is like the atritocrats joke.  Just trying to be as absurd as possible

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
Yeah, eventhough the 2nd one by James Cameron was even better. Aliens was one of the few franchise where the sequel was better than the original. The 2nd one was decades ahead of it's time.

I agree Aliens was ahead of it's time but it was a completely different movie than the first one. Alien was a horror movie, Aliens was a war/action movie.  

The creature lurking in the dark, claustrophobic depths of the Nostromo and picking off the crew one by one was pure terror.    

IMO, Aliens featured too many creatures, which diminished the terror and turned a horror movie into an action movie.  Still a great fucking movie, don't get me wrong.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
I agree Aliens was ahead of it's time but it was a completely different movie than the first one. Alien was a horror movie, Aliens was a war/action movie.  

The creature lurking in the dark, claustrophobic depths of the Nostromo and picking off the crew one by one was pure terror.    

IMO, Aliens featured too many creatures, which diminished the terror and turned a horror movie into an action movie.  Still a great fucking movie, don't get me wrong.

"Alien" shits all over "Aliens" - a year ago I watched the second part and I was shocked at how cliche/laughable the Marines were.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2014, 02:43:17 PM »
"Alien" shits all over "Aliens" - a year ago I watched the second part and I was shocked at how cliche/laughable the Marines were.

X2. Alien had none of that Hollywood overacting. Totally different movies.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2014, 06:48:44 PM »
That movie is like the atritocrats joke.  Just trying to be as absurd as possible

It succeeds.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
I was a pro swimmer, still open water in the sea was always giving me uneasy feelings, still does of course... Like something lurking under that dark water, you watch down and you see a mouth full of sharp teeth ready to feast with your body... I would probably die of fear, lol...

sharks need thier protien to,stop being selfish and just let him feed on u so the damn shark doesnt go catabolic,cmon man have a heart :D
R

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »
Is Christine considered horror? Either way, that one scared me too as a kid.

Christine is a grade A flick... Cool car.  Plymouth Fury

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »
Not horror, but dark. Two I just streamed on Netflix and enjoyed quite a bit.

Sightseers - British black comedy, I guess. Much more black than comedy, though. Natural Born Killers-type couple on a murderous vacation. Both deranged oddballs. 7/10

Snowtown Murders - Extremely dark and disturbing biopic of Australia's most notorious serial killer. Some super tense scenes involving a few severely damaged mutherfuckers. Very well done. 8/10

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2014, 10:06:26 PM »
At the Devils door

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:25 PM »
Thanks bro, almost forgot Jaws. How many people were afraid to go in the water after that?

I remember that.....people wouldn't even swim in inland fresh water lakes.

People literally screamed out loud in the theater in the scene when the severed head rolled out of the boat.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2014, 10:24:09 PM »
I remember that.....people wouldn't even swim in inland fresh water lakes.

People literally screamed out loud in the theater in the scene when the severed head rolled out of the boat.

u started a nice thread and its doing well,good job man. it just shows pretty much everyone loves the scary movies,im watching the old dracula movie from the 1930's now with bela lugosi,then im putting on  frankenstein with  boris karloff from the 30's also.and if im still up ill watch  the wolfman with lon chaney ;)
R

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
A lot of the old Dario argento movies

Demons
Demons 2
Susperia
Deep red
Tenebre
Phenomena
The church
Inferno
Opera

Others like:

Babysitter wanted
Teeth
The abandoned
Dead snow
American Mary
Rec
We are are what we are
Frontiers
Alice sweet Alice
Vhs series
Dolly dearest
The innkeepers
Dead girl
The house of the devil
Trick R treat
Frozen

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
A lot of the old Dario argento movies

Demons
Demons 2
Susperia
Deep red
Tenebre
Phenomena
The church
Inferno
Opera

Others like:

Babysitter wanted
Teeth
The abandoned
Dead snow
American Mary
Rec
We are are what we are
Frontiers
Alice sweet Alice
Vhs series
Dolly dearest
The innkeepers
Dead girl
The house of the devil
Trick R treat
Frozen

i remember them and actually have them on a dvd i bought at walmart afew yrs back,i saw a horror dvd with like 25 movies on it for 5 bucks n was like let me give it a shot and i liked most of them
R

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »
u started a nice thread and its doing well,good job man. it just shows pretty much everyone loves the scary movies,im watching the old dracula movie from the 1930's now with bela lugosi,then im putting on  frankenstein with  boris karloff from the 30's also.and if im still up ill watch  the wolfman with lon chaney ;)

I like to hear other people's opinions on movies. This time of year I always look for 2-3 new scary movies to watch around Halloween.

But I always make sure to watch my favorite scary stuff at least once throughout the year.

Except The Exorcist, saw it once as a child and never, ever wanted to see it again. Still haven't watched it a second time in all these years.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »
I like to hear other people's opinions on movies. This time of year I always look for 2-3 new scary movies to watch around Halloween.

But I always make sure to watch my favorite scary stuff at least once throughout the year.

Except The Exorcist, saw it once as a child and never, ever wanted to see it again. Still haven't watched it a second time in all these years.

you sound like my pops. he watched The Exorcist when he was 18 years old and slept with a night light on for months lol. To this day he will not watch it again.
X

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

:D Funny. I won't watch it anymore either, shit just freaks me out even as an adult.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2014, 10:43:14 PM »
you sound like my pops. he watched The Exorcist when he was 18 years old and slept with a night light on for months lol. To this day he will not watch it again.

When it's on TV I skip past it with my remote as fast as possible.

I've never watched even a few seconds of that movie since it came out.....it freaked me out that bad.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »
its been on every night now on tv, my wife saw about 3 minutes of it and it was the part where her head spun around,she was like turn the channel now :D
R

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2014, 10:50:12 PM »
When it's on TV I skip past it with my remote as fast as possible.

I've never watched even a few seconds of that movie since it came out.....it freaked me out that bad.

what exactly freaked you out about the movie?
X

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »

I have NO LUCK posting pics

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
wasnt the movie  THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE kind of a copycat of the exorcist? seemed like it anyway or was both based on different events that took place?
R