Author Topic: Ronnie destroying flex, cormier, nasser  (Read 8518 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Ronnie destroying flex, cormier, nasser
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:36:33 AM »

:o ;D

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: Ronnie destroying flex, cormier, nasser
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:38:19 AM »
The greatest of all time.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »
Ronnie is the greatest bodybuilder or all time hands down by a country mile
I don't think he will ever be surpassed
choice is an illusion

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:49:41 AM »

I'd agree but the b/w Dorian shoot is the most impressive thing I've seen in my 25+ years of follwing pro bbing. It's too bad he only had that shape for a short while. Apart from that Ronnie is hands down the greatest freak of all the freaks.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:02:46 AM »
dorian....  :-\
cmon dude... black and white pics  :-\
anyone can look great in a black and white pic standing by themselves
eg heath DJ ETC ETC... BUT COME SHOWTIME  :-\
find a vid of any dorian where dorian looks half as good as that video posted... on stage
 :-\
choice is an illusion

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:07:40 AM »
Unreal
L

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »
find a vid of any dorian where dorian looks half as good as that video posted... on stage
1996 german gran prix, Yates = unbeatable

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »

I'm so tired of those fucking B&W Dorian pics.

It was a PHOTO SHOOT, perfect lighting, by himself. He didn't look like that onstage....ever.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »

It was a PHOTO SHOOT, perfect lighting, by himself. He didn't look like that onstage....ever.

agreed.  ronnie OWNS dorian.
I dont like twinks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »

True, but the real point I took away from those photos were the improvements he made from the photo shoot a year prior.

He was already good enough to win the Mr. O, but took it to a completely new level.   Before that, it didn't seem that a reigning Mr. Olympia could improve by that magnitude.
Y

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 11:17:04 AM »
I'd agree but the b/w Dorian shoot is the most impressive thing I've seen in my 25+ years of follwing pro bbing. It's too bad he only had that shape for a short while. Apart from that Ronnie is hands down the greatest freak of all the freaks.

I sort of agree with this, I think B/W and not onstage is hard to judge; Titus actually appeared to have a chest in his kitchen shots, and Kamali looks in good condition in his own kitchen, then BAM they get onstage and it washes everything out and the lower back and glutes disappear. Massive shadows everywhere make muscles look more impressive. That's the only thing about Dorian 2 weeks before 99 Olympia in the colour video, you can see his lower back and glutes have a little water in them, so if he'd stepped onstage at that point he wouldn't have been as grainy as he was 2 weeks later, but obviously was bigger and more impressive, sooooo I sort of think maybe the perfect size/condition doesn't really exist with Dorian.....despite what some people hypothesise.

Bob Chick presumably knows a thing or too about BB and he reckons Ronnie is all time greatest, I happen to agree, just.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »

I agree. And besides, Ronnie's 2003 olympia photoshoot and 2001 arnold classic photoshoot are so much more impressive.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »

greatest bb of all time with gyno and no calves  :-X

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »
better than having small arms thats the WORST curse a bodybuilder can have
oversized synthol delts wide waiste
choice is an illusion

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »
better than having small arms thats the WORST curse a bodybuilder can have
oversized synthol delts wide waiste

oh ya you are right ::) :-\

this place if full of experts!!..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
Nasser looks like shit there Sharif. Just a big bag of shitty muscle.

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »
its also full of muslim loving homosexuals.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

Ronnie's strengths far surpass any of Nasser's. 

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »
Cormier looks best to me up there, he's lacking nothing

complete
proportion, symmetry
condition
muscle maturity
density
mass
lines

guys like ronnie, flex, nasser, lack one or two of the above.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
Ronnie does look incredible in that video, and so does Cormier.  I think CC should have been 2nd and Flex 3rd.  

I don't want to turn this threat into a Ronnie/Dorian debate.  However, in my opinion, Dorian's dominance in this video (1995) equals or exceeds that of Ronnie in 99.  

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067&ei=TRU5S-vBCoG-qQP28aHqDg&q=1995+mr.+olympia&hl=en#

(I couldn't get it embedded, sorry)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 12:40:38 PM »
Ronnie does look incredible in that video, and so does Cormier.  I think CC should have been 2nd and Flex 3rd.  

I don't want to turn this threat into a Ronnie/Dorian debate.  However, in my opinion, Dorian's dominanace in this video (1995) rivals that of Ronnie in 99. 

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067&ei=TRU5S-vBCoG-qQP28aHqDg&q=1995+mr.+olympia&hl=en#

(I couldn't get it embedded, sorry)

just look when dorian steps forward, his psihique looks so powerfull, even with the bad arm, he's so much better than the rest. looks like a brickwall, very well developed, is makin levrone and shawn look like ballerina's. even though ronnie is bigger, he's not as impressive. An unique look that dorian had and he got rewarded for it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »

Well, I think the 'experts' have already spoken, and the answer was zero Mr. Olympias. What part of zero don't you understand!? Oh brother.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 02:00:04 PM »
I sort of agree with this, I think B/W and not onstage is hard to judge; Titus actually appeared to have a chest in his kitchen shots, and Kamali looks in good condition in his own kitchen, then BAM they get onstage and it washes everything out and the lower back and glutes disappear. Massive shadows everywhere make muscles look more impressive. That's the only thing about Dorian 2 weeks before 99 Olympia in the colour video, you can see his lower back and glutes have a little water in them, so if he'd stepped onstage at that point he wouldn't have been as grainy as he was 2 weeks later, but obviously was bigger and more impressive, sooooo I sort of think maybe the perfect size/condition doesn't really exist with Dorian.....despite what some people hypothesise.

Bob Chick presumably knows a thing or too about BB and he reckons Ronnie is all time greatest, I happen to agree, just.

A few notes on the black & whites Kevin Horton who took the photographs ( which mind you were never intended for publication just for Dorian's personal use ) these were NOT professional studio shots these were taken with NO tan , NO posing oil

Kevin Horoton GetBig Dec 30th

The photo is technically terrible, fortunately the physique is awesome.
I'd agree with Kris about Dorian showing up on stage how he looked a few weeks out. There are some shots of him at around 280 - 285 shredded. That conditioning has not been surpassed.

This is addressing the black & whites and how they were technically terrible !! here is Kevin addressing how he's only impressive in black & white lmfao

Kevin Horton on the B&W of Yates

I agree. Nobody would have even have heard of Yates if those shots had been in colour. He was really only 110lbs with one leg 6 inches longer than the other and as smooth as a babies arse. He would never have won all those titles either because the judges were obviously influenced by the black and white tonality.
Amazing what Tri-X can do for a physique. Kodak should use it in their advertising campaign.

I laugh out loud every time people try and dismiss the black & white shots as nothing special or the result of the lack of color

That's the only thing about Dorian 2 weeks before 99 Olympia in the colour video, you can see his lower back and glutes have a little water in them, so if he'd stepped onstage at that point he wouldn't have been as grainy as he was 2 weeks later, but obviously was bigger and more impressive, sooooo I sort of think maybe the perfect size/condition doesn't really exist with Dorian.....despite what some people hypothesise.

I loved how you were able to ascertain his level of conditioning from the most God-awful shit copy posted on Youtube , you must have superhuman vision  ::) the perfect size/conditioning doesn't exist with Dorian? how about the 1993 Olympia? how about the 1995 Olympia? even in these black & whites his conditioning according to Kevin Horton would put him in the top three at the Olympia in terms of hardness , this is weeks out from the Olympia and at 270 pounds !! Dorian was always overly cautious he was for all intents & purposes contest ready weeks out and admittedly just withered away pure muscle in the weeks leading to the contest

Kevin Horton

When I photgraphed Dorian , I told him " You should step onstage at 270 pounds. Do that , and there won't be a man on earth who can beat you." At 270 pounds Dorian was in very , very good condition , enough to put him in the top three onstage in hardness , and his untouachble size and thickness would have assured him the victory. For Dorian , however , this would noty do. " But it wouldn't be me " was his reply. He wasn't competing simply to the biggest. He wanted to be the best , and that meant being the biggest and the hardest and the thickest and the best all-around. He believes in putting 100% effiort into every aspect of bodybuilding . and that means not leaving anything out of his total package.

Peter McGough Ironage
June 06 , 2003

The later photos were taken in his gym about seven weeks before the 1993 Olympia. He'd just finished a chest workout and he weighed 269 pounds. If I had to rate my most memorable bodybuilding moment the sight of Dorian that day would be neck-and-neck with the first time I saw Sergio. He hit the first shot, double biceps, and I walked up to him and said, "Don't worry Dorian. You have plenty of time to fix this. All is not lost."
I told him he could walk on to the Olympia stage in that condition weighing 269 pounds, untanned, with his socks on and still win.

Flex magazine August 1997

Peter McGough on the famous Kevin Horton precontest black & whites of Dorian at 269lbs

I was present when those shots were taken and it was the most stunning unveiling of a physique these peepers had seen since my intial view of SERGIO OLIVA at the 1971 NABBA Mr Universe. that day , Dorian's physique blew my - if not his own -socks off.

I laughed at this quote too , Ronnie-ficking-Coleman knows a thing or two about BB and he reckons Dorian would beat him at his best , and I happen to agree.

Yet somehow Chick is right and Ronnie is wrong  ::) you gotta love the fan boys

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »
dorian....  :-\
cmon dude... black and white pics  :-\
eg heath DJ ETC ETC... BUT COME SHOWTIME  :-\

1995 Mr Olympia or 1993

He's harder , drier , better balanced and more complete than Ronnie ANY year ALL color pictures no excuses