Author Topic: Special Ed blackmailing MD? Calls MD "cowards"  (Read 34606 times)

AVBG

Re: Special Ed blackmailing MD? Calls MD "cowards"
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2007, 12:16:28 PM »
Quote from: kagedmuscle=goss thread=1179925502 post=1180541424
Yes, I like Ed he is full of entertainment. I could predict something like this happening after I spoke with Ed a couple of days prior to the N.Y.P.
From what I remember he said he saw Steve in a resturant in NY and went straight up to him and asked why he wasnt returning his phone calls. He's a ballsy kid.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »
wow, could the staff at MD look any more foolish?  seriously, steve-O, you have special ed bashing the competition on the boards, leaking stock info to make yourself look better?

this has gotta sting.  Ed even listed the date, march 28.  I can just see you, sitting at home on a wednesday night watching American Idol in your zubaz briefs and a hawaiian shirt, drinking low-carb red wine while plotting with Jumbo over AIM on how to leak this *highly damaging* information, available only those those with a copy of the WSJ or a link to MSN Money.

"Hey, we can have that Jason kid do it!" Pagumbo probably shined.  "He uses big words and doesn't have to worry about pissing off a parole officer like the rest of us".

Blechwoman proabably loved the idea, and called J Stern personally to ask the favor.  Then, he hung up quickly, and voted for blake 118 times before cranking one out to the pvt stash and hitting the silk sheets.

Clever.   ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2007, 12:28:20 PM »
Re: Bill Comstock

In life we get our market value, not an inflated figure due to how hard we work.  :)

I'm merely stating the economics of the situation as it relates to the supply and demand of work such as Bill's.  In the free market we do not get paid in accordance with how hard we work but rather the market value of the work which we perform - do you think that Bill works harder than a 9-5 mom working at McDonald's for minimum wage?  That seems to be what you are implying.  But the market value of working at McDonald's is simply minimum wage and the market value of Bill's work falls far below what he is getting paid, assuming the information I received was accurate (job description + salary).

And yes I know how much Bill makes.  I'm very networked within the industry and people talk.  Just like I know who is dealing steroids, dealing recs at afterparties and everything else.  It's an insult to my intelligence for you to think I'm oblivious to this.  If you don't have an idea of how resourceful I am by now, you don't know nothing.  ;D

On the radio show Dave eluded to (or said directly - can't remember which) that female bodybuilders deserve to get paid more because they work hard.  I would liken this to gardening people's lawns with tweezers and digging holes and filling them back up again and demanding big bucks!  If work provides a certain amount of market value, payment is immediately related to that value.  Professional bodybuilders work extremely hard and sometimes walk away with $0 in prize money.  Would anyone here agree that they work as hard as Bill Comstock?  I'm sure some do.  My point is that hard work has no correlation with rate of compensation as far as the free market goes.  If Dave had it his way, female bodybuilders would get paid more than they do.  I understand your good intentions, but if you were to do that, it would destroy female bodybuilding as the industry would not be able to generate the revenue necessary to sustain it.  The economy doesn't work in that manner.

As for Flex Wheeler's contest pictures not being good - I think they were perfectly fine and I think MD would have better spent their money training FLEX in photography and buying him a superior camera.

I offered to extensively advertise for MD as well as review the entire magazine for almost nothing (if not nothing) and got no reply.  :)  Come on MD, for the longest time I was the big supporter.

I understand that those of you who are refuting my points are all experts in your related fields - Isaac in website design and hosting, Dave in bodybuilding and nutrition, and Ron in his profession.  All I ask is that you understand that I am perhaps a little more educated than you in terms of economics just as you are more educated than me in your areas of expertise.

With all due respect Matt, you still have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

And yes I know how much Bill makes.  I'm very networked within the industry and people talk.  Just like I know who is dealing steroids, dealing recs at afterparties and everything else.  It's an insult to my intelligence for you to think I'm oblivious to this.  If you don't have an idea of how resourceful I am by now, you don't know nothing.  ;D

Bill doesn't make 96K, he might make more or even less, but not that figure or even remotely around that figure..

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »

Shit really hit the fan now I see.

It was only a matter of time. The two parties are OIL and VINEGAR. They just don't mix. One is a straight shooter and the other(s) well...

...do a backround check on them and you get my drift.
?

jackalope

• Getbig II
  • Jack Mosley
Re: Special Ed blackmailing MD?
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »
i like taco-bell

bench

taco flavored kisses?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30:46 PM »
Think Steve will reply to this thread?

Or just leave Dave up here as the sacrificial lamb?

After this rant...   Dave has no respectability at all.  Not that there was much to start with.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »
Excuse my 2 hour absence, unlike most of you guys, I actually work out.

Why?

Because like the rest of us, you have a zero chance of getting a pro card.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »
Ed, good for you for not selling out(or for your decision to stop selling out ;)). Is 96 grand a year(regarding that photog.) a lot of money in Canada ??? Why is this even discussion worthy? Seems like an average salary to me.
E

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2007, 02:56:51 PM »
Ed, good for you for not selling out(or for your decision to stop selling out ;)). Is 96 grand a year(regarding that photog.) a lot of money in Canada ??? Why is this even discussion worthy? Seems like an average salary to me.

96k is far above average in Canada.

And it is far above average in the US.

What average are you referring to?
Repent, or join me!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to the big group hug at the end of all this because I definitely see one coming.    ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »
wow, could the staff at MD look any more foolish?  seriously, steve-O, you have special ed bashing the competition on the boards, leaking stock info to make yourself look better?

this has gotta sting.  Ed even listed the date, march 28.  I can just see you, sitting at home on a wednesday night watching American Idol in your zubaz briefs and a hawaiian shirt, drinking low-carb red wine while plotting with Jumbo over AIM on how to leak this *highly damaging* information, available only those those with a copy of the WSJ or a link to MSN Money.

"Hey, we can have that Jason kid do it!" Pagumbo probably shined.  "He uses big words and doesn't have to worry about pissing off a parole officer like the rest of us".

Blechwoman proabably loved the idea, and called J Stern personally to ask the favor.  Then, he hung up quickly, and voted for blake 118 times before cranking one out to the pvt stash and hitting the silk sheets.

They make low-carb wine? How disgusting.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »
96k is far above average in Canada.

And it is far above average in the US.

What average are you referring to?

I know that Nuge, I was referring to famous(or I am assuming at least he is) photographers.
E

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
I know that Nuge, I was referring to famous(or I am assuming at least he is) photographers.

Ah... so...
Repent, or join me!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »
They make low-carb wine? How disgusting.
yeah i know,ballin as hell g ;D

bench

Peptide Wizard

• Getbig II
  • I know everything.
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2007, 05:20:15 PM »
epic ass kissing.

Brutal missing the essence of his post.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2007, 05:27:51 PM »
I wrote a perfectly comprehensive and articulate reply to this which got deleted when my web browser crashed - a problem I would never see if I was at home using Firefox and not forced to use IE on the computer I am on.  How pissed do you think I am?  :)

With all due respect Matt, you still have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

I got the information from a very credible source, but he may have been wrong.  I'm not sure if the $8,000 per month figure counted expenses or not.  As Dave said, Special Ed's work was not worth $2,000 and I would make an educated guess and say that Bill's work is not worth 96K.

Bill doesn't make 96K, he might make more or even less, but not that figure or even remotely around that figure..

I would not know for certain without reviewing year-by-year revenue figures from MD, but I would assume that the market value of Bill's work falls below 96K if anything.  This is no disrespect to Bill's work ethic, I'm simply talking about the economics of the situation.  If people got paid in accordance with how hard they worked, the entire economy would collapse and send the world into a state of severe recession which could never recover unless people started getting paid in accordance with their market value once again.  If all Wal-Mart clerks got paid in accordance with how hard they worked, Wal-Mart would be out of business by the end of the fiscal year.

Dave is a nice guy, but I can personally assure you that if he was running MD and paying everyone based on their work ethic that there would be no MD, period.  This is why people who are in charge of the finances of businesses are educated on the subject so that does not happen.  Print this thread out and show it to any economics professor in the world, and 99% would agree with me.  The ones who don't have no right to be considered world experts in economics.

Businesses need to pay employees their market value as determined by the supply and demand of labour on the labour market which in simpler terms equates to the net benefit gained from the labour over and above the cost of labour.  This allows money to be used where it is most valuable and optimizes the efficiency of a business.  It is this series of incentives which allow businesses to grow.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
I wrote a perfectly comprehensive and articulate reply to this which got deleted when my web browser crashed - a problem I would never see if I was at home using Firefox and not forced to use IE on the computer I am on.  How pissed do you think I am?  :)

I got the information from a very credible source, but he may have been wrong.  I'm not sure if the $8,000 per month figure counted expenses or not.  As Dave said, Special Ed's work was not worth $2,000 and I would make an educated guess and say that Bill's work is not worth 96K.

I would not know for certain without reviewing year-by-year revenue figures from MD, but I would assume that the market value of Bill's work falls below 96K if anything.  This is no disrespect to Bill's work ethic, I'm simply talking about the economics of the situation.  If people got paid in accordance with how hard they worked, the entire economy would collapse and send the world into a state of severe recession which could never recover unless people started getting paid in accordance with their market value once again.  If all Wal-Mart clerks got paid in accordance with how hard they worked, Wal-Mart would be out of business by the end of the fiscal year.

Dave is a nice guy, but I can personally assure you that if he was running MD and paying everyone based on their work ethic that there would be no MD, period.  This is why people who are in charge of the finances of businesses are educated on the subject so that does not happen.  Print this thread out and show it to any economics professor in the world, and 99% would agree with me.  The ones who don't have no right to be considered world experts in economics.

Businesses need to pay employees their market value as determined by the supply and demand of labour on the labour market which in simpler terms equates to the net benefit gained from the labour over and above the cost of labour.  This allows money to be used where it is most valuable and optimizes the efficiency of a business.  It is this series of incentives which allow businesses to grow.

Someone has recently taken a freshman Econ101 class, and is eager to share his newfound knowledge!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »

Someone has recently taken a freshman Econ101 class, and is eager to share his newfound knowledge!  ;D

You know what's sad is that all of this information is Econ101 level.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »
Steve weinberger or Ron Harris? ???
Ron has a decent website:

http://www.ronharris.com/members/index.html

Login: driftin219

Password: 110219

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »
IMO, Special Ed's work WAS worth $2000.   As he broke it down, it was $50 per hour for his work.   He is a lawyer (which meant they got a bonus that their guy asking questions was going to be fairly safe legally and can be unofficial free counsel in that manner).  Plus, it was the talk of the boards for a few weeks - it definitely gave them $2k worth of hits, airplay, attention, etc.  They *should* have been able to sell at least 2k worth of ad space for those banners, given their strong MD name and presence.  And as far as the boards go in the last 5 years, Spec Ed is one of the top 5 alltime guys, and probably the wittiest.  He's worth the $2k for doing this first, doing it pretty well, and cutting it himself.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
IMO, Special Ed's work WAS worth $2000.   As he broke it down, it was $50 per hour for his work.   He is a lawyer (which meant they got a bonus that their guy asking questions was going to be fairly safe legally and can be unofficial free counsel in that manner).  Plus, it was the talk of the boards for a few weeks - it definitely gave them $2k worth of hits, airplay, attention, etc.  They *should* have been able to sell at least 2k worth of ad space for those banners, given their strong MD name and presence.  And as far as the boards go in the last 5 years, Spec Ed is one of the top 5 alltime guys, and probably the wittiest.  He's worth the $2k for doing this first, doing it pretty well, and cutting it himself.

Your breakdown is pretty good but I would need more information.  By all rights, Special Ed is talented and extremely intelligent.

www.jasonstern.com

This does not look like a 240 or Bust creation.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »

www.jasonstern.com

This does not look like a 240 or Bust creation.  ;D

I don't know...   it's got cheesy music playing on the homepage...   that's 240's m.o.
Ron: "I am lazy."

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »
Special ED could have continued working for us for as long as he wanted.  We didn't feel that his video work was worth $2000 (we offered him $500 to show our gratitude for his past radio work).  When he was given real assignments worthy of his LAWYER status (going to Albany to report on the indictments that went down), he was no where to be found.  We really didn't need another Valentino-wanna-be (we prefer the genuine article).  It's sad that Special Ed feels a need to slam the door on his relationship with MD; but that's his choice. 

He also KNOWS deep down that STEVE would never ask him to sabotage anyone. Steve doesn't believe in propagating negativity.  What he did ask ED to do was to help promote MD on all the boards he posted on (something pretty understandable considering he was on the MD PAYROLL).  But, alas, Special Ed doesn't like to be told what to do.  He needs his minions of followers on this board to feel good about himself.  I guess the line made famous by JOHN MILTON holds especially true in this situation; it's pretty obvious that Special Ed would rather "RULE IN HELL THAN SERVE IN HEAVEN!"

Wait..... Wait...... Wait....  Wait one Dam minuet!!!!!!!!!........................ .....I really don't care about the crap that goes down with ED and MD and all but Dave....DAve......DAAAAA VVVVVEEEEEE you trying to Tell me those interviews you guys do is top quality. :-\ :-\ :-\......come on man high school broadcasting club members put on a better interview......I'm sorry I like you guys but I have to call it like i see it you guys have no room to talk.....between you guys and Eds stuff same level....needs stepping up bra.....this sport and you guysat MD on-line are just entering the world of on the spot broadcasting and media journalism, it going to take you guys some years before you earn a spot to call someone's else work sophomoric in nature....just holding a mike and talking to someone is not all it takes MOB......get some notches on your belt then we can talk about where your quality really stands. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
I don't know why people haven't realized this:

True Adonis' interviews of Branch and others in NC were some of the funniest clips yet.

True Adonis carried himself like a confident man in those interviews.  he was an equal.  Nothing against anyone else - the clips are good in a very young media age... but TA's stuff was different.

I HOPE some group grabs up Adam (True Adonis).  He holds a mic well, he is confident and clear, and he was funny.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »
I don't know why people haven't realized this:

True Adonis' interviews of Branch and others in NC were some of the funniest clips yet.

True Adonis carried himself like a confident man in those interviews.  he was an equal.  Nothing against anyone else - the clips are good in a very young media age... but TA's stuff was different.

I HOPE some group grabs up Adam (True Adonis).  He holds a mic well, he is confident and clear, and he was funny.

I agree.  TA's confidence really shined on video.  Credit where credit is due.
Bodybuilding Pro.com