Author Topic: i'm losing the battle of the bulge! HELP ME!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS BESIDES CARDIO?  (Read 7486 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
GUYS, I WAS IN SEARS TODAY LOOKING FOR JEANS AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, SIZE 38 WAIST FELT TOO TIGHT ON ME! I'M ONLY 5'6, AND I WEIGH 190LBS! I HATE DOING CARDIO, BUT NONETHELESS, I AM TOO FAT! HELP ME! I;VE GOT A 1/2 WAY DECENT UPPER BODY; IT'S MY GUT THAT I HATE!  :'(

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Stop eating so much shit.  Bodybuilding is about discipline, not shoving cake down your throat.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Experiment with a few diets, see which works.

Try different forms of cardio, find one that is bearable to do daily for at least 20 minutes with reasonable intensity.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
GRH, there are no secrets that anyone can tell you.  You have to do cardio and lift hard. When you do cardio don't get into the rut of using low intensity aerobics.  Don't concern yourself with staying in the so called fat burn zone of heart rate monitering.  It doesn't matter what you use as fuel for cardio.  It's the total caloric cost. Not the question if you are using sugar or fat for fuel. The bottom line is that it doesn't matter.  I see to many fatsos with there heart rate monitors reading a paper doing cardio.  I feel like saying, "Hey fatso do you want to know why your fat?"  You have to work hard at cardio and not make it an old lady walk on the treadmill.

Don't do a HIT routine of 8 exercises for one set every 6 days because it won't burn any calories.  A typical hit routine burns about 80 calories.  I say use three to four exercises per bodypart.  Use a three or four  day split.  If your from the high intensity camp use 2 work sets per exercise.  If you use volume make sure the volume isn't so high that you're lifting light weights. Don't follow anyones routine but make your routine your own.

When it comes to diet you know what needs to be done.  You don't want to starve but it's okay to be a little hungry.  I find with a lot of young people that alcohol is a major reason for high fat levels.  A beer is between 100 and 150 calories.  That sure adds up.  It also raises estrogen levels in some studies.  That's really bad for a guy.  High fat levels also aromatase testosterone into estrogen. Again it will add fat.  Remember fat isn't just under your skin but it surrounds your organs.  To much visceral fat leads to heart disease and diabetes among other problems.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i don't have to worry boutthe alcohol. i don't drink, but my diet does suck some :-\

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
stop sucking on bars of butter for midnight stack
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
serously tho, cardio is the most effective option. BY FAR. that and eating clean should lose you 10 lbs pretty fast
Valhalla awaits.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Based on the response i'd say this guy's never gonna have the determination to do it, let alone the comprehension of what was suggested..

Loomis

• Getbig III
do you do any cardio now?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The most important aspect is the will to do it.  You can't put a fat lady in a gym and expect results if she won't do the work.  How many trainers pull out their hair with clients that won't put in the effort? You can't take an alcoholic and put him in a treatment program if he doesn't want to quit.  The best advice is to do lift, eat clean and do cardio.  No fancy explanation is needed or required. 

Loomis

• Getbig III
The most important aspect is the will to do it.  You can't put a fat lady in a gym and expect results if she won't do the work.  How many trainers pull out their hair with clients that won't put in the effort? You can't take an alcoholic and put him in a treatment program if he doesn't want to quit.  The best advice is to do lift, eat clean and do cardio.  No fancy explanation is needed or required. 
true

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
Excess dietary  C A R B S  easily gather around the mid section.
Limit (simple) carb intake . . . NO sodas . . .

Forgoe ALL beer - period! IF you are waistline challenged
and really look at A L L carbs in you daily food intake.

WALK your waistline off, slowly, evenly to keep it off.

Best of luck!
1 life 1 liver

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Its easier to avoid 500 empty calories than to burn the suckers off. So if you don't like or want to do cardio, leaves only a couple options. Resistance training and cutting out the crap food.  If I had to pick one to keep the fat off, cardio or clean diet, I'd go clean diet anyday. But since I'm concerned with living to a ripe old age to enjoy retirement, the benifits of cardio are important to me, so I combine both for an awesome physique...Well, maybe not awesome...   

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Bro it's all about self-motivation and nothing else. About 9 years ago I got out of shape, freshman year of college and too much beer and pizza, and because of a bad injury my football days came crashing down and at that time so did the weight training.  But it didn't take too long to get fed up with being out of shape, and it didn't take to long to do something about it. I knew what had to be done and I just did it, pure and simple. Who knows, maybe  you'll be like me and get absolutely hooked. It wasn't to long after this that my desire for just better fitness evolved into my passion of bodybuilding and competition. So good luck to you and don't get down on yourself. Your at a place right now that many find themselves at, and if you want to stand out from this group now is the time when you can do something about it.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
THANKS GUYS! I'LL STOP WHININ NOW AND TOUGHEN UP! >:(

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
You could try stopping whining and toughening up!

SG ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
I am sure no one here has come close to my crashing and burning.  Not even close.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
just how bad did u crash & burn only me?!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Lets just say I go in the ocean and my pool allot.  I used to get a great workout just trying to stay afloat cause I'd sink so easy.  Well now I literally can just float all day

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
There is a lot of good advice in this thread that should help you lose weight.  In addition, start drinking a lot of water, and often.   Try to phase out soft drinks and anything else loaded with sugar.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
There is a lot of good advice in this thread that should help you lose weight.  In addition, start drinking a lot of water, and often.   Try to phase out soft drinks and anything else loaded with sugar.
True, but I wouldn't phase them out, those soft drinks are pure poison when trying to lean out, if he drinks those cut them all together... nothing wrong with subbing in a few diet sodas to get over the hump.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
I drink diet coke.  Not all the time but when I have soda it is a diet coke.  I drink mostly Cystal Light and plain water.  So diet sodas are okay right?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Lets just say I go in the ocean and my pool allot.  I used to get a great workout just trying to stay afloat cause I'd sink so easy.  Well now I literally can just float all day
Are you talking about fat floating on top of water?  :P
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
I drink diet coke.  Not all the time but when I have soda it is a diet coke.  I drink mostly Cystal Light and plain water.  So diet sodas are okay right?
Well.... I could go into the whole ugly debate about artificial sweeteners such as aspartame (in Crystal Light), or that soda leeches/leaches ??? calcium from your bones ~ but I won't  :-*  BUT, the taste of sweet CAN increase insulin levels in some people and/or trigger cravings for sugar...

I used to use soda to clean my battery terminals back in the day... :-X

:

knny187

• Getbig V
Well.... I could go into the whole ugly debate about artificial sweeteners such as aspartame (in Crystal Light), or that soda leeches/leaches ??? calcium from your bones ~ but I won't  :-*  BUT, the taste of sweet CAN increase insulin levels in some people and/or trigger cravings for sugar...

I used to use soda to clean my battery terminals back in the day... :-X

A can of Coke in the laundry can remove engine grease from clothes.....

*true story*